Ghostbusters Ecto-1 gone

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Ghostbusters Ecto-1 gone

Post by fleury » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:55 am

FYI,

It looks like the Ecto-1 Ghostbusters Ideas set has been removed from S@H in Canada and the US.

--
Marc.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Re: Ghostbusters Ecto-1 gone

Post by lordoflego » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Really? I actually picked one up today plus exo suit so I got winter soldier. Sounds like I need to go back to pick up few more....
VENI VIDI VICI

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:12 am

I don't know if it means it's sold out or not. Just that it's gone. Apparently this is true of other sets as well right now, so it might just be a glitch with the site.

--
Marc.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:23 am

fleury wrote:I don't know if it means it's sold out or not. Just that it's gone. Apparently this is true of other sets as well right now, so it might just be a glitch with the site.

--
Marc.
Exactly, people get way too worked up because a set disappears, only to return back on the site later. More often than naught if a set sells out, it will still show, but as 'Sold out'.
Another notable example of this type of activity in the past was Grand Emporium and VW camper van

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:09 am

Well, I just panicked and picked a set up at TRU soooo... well, I got one now, whether it's retired or not. :)

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am

Legotrain1 wrote:
fleury wrote:I don't know if it means it's sold out or not. Just that it's gone. Apparently this is true of other sets as well right now, so it might just be a glitch with the site.

--
Marc.
Exactly, people get way too worked up because a set disappears, only to return back on the site later. More often than naught if a set sells out, it will still show, but as 'Sold out'.
Another notable example of this type of activity in the past was Grand Emporium and VW camper van

Maybe a glitch maybe not i was having major issues yesterday getting order info from the site, check Brickset for the availability tab shows end run of 06/02/15 for USA, CAN & UK.

http://brickset.com/sets/21108-1/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm just gonna call them and ask....
VENI VIDI VICI

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

I called and asked, twice, first customer service (one number) after that I called shoplego(another phone number). One person wasn't sure- they can't see it either, second person said that's it's gone, retired. I'm not saying that this is the case but this is what I was told....
VENI VIDI VICI

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks for the tip. According to brickset's parts tab, there are a crazy number of parts in this set that can only be found in this set. That'll make it hard to piece together later. My local LBR had a bunch still earlier today. Get two... Get a winter soldier as mentioned above.

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:08 am

Ghostbusters back online now

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 am

jnparyniak wrote:Ghostbusters back online now
I don't see it. It's not on my tablet.
VENI VIDI VICI

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:44 am

It was online & now its offline. Called S@H and they aware of the glitch and are working to correct it. The set is still available and you can still order it by phone. S@H assures that it is not retiring anytime soon.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:42 am

jnparyniak wrote:It was online & now its offline. Called S@H and they aware of the glitch and are working to correct it. The set is still available and you can still order it by phone. S@H assures that it is not retiring anytime soon.
Wow, what a joke. Yesterday I was told exact opposite so it doesn't matter if I was misinformed or you were, point is Lego is misinforming people.
VENI VIDI VICI

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:02 am

To be completely honest (without the intention of offending anyone) I'm sure that customer service agents only have limited info available to them. I doubt that the company provides them with exact retirement dates for sets. So when a set is not appearing on the site and displays "not available" info in a search some will probably assume that its being retired. Especially if its a set that has been around for a little awhile. Remember they are just people working with the tools and info provided for them. It is frustrating though as a customer not knowing. I have 2x of the set. Either one each for my son and I in the future if he decides that he wants one or 1x for either of us and the 2nd for resale in the future. I wouldn't mind having 2 more in case friends are looking for one in the future after retirement or I would have an option for resale to cover my hobby expenses. I'm not sure if I want to buy 2 more now or wait for double VIP points in the future. Currently the ghostbuster set does show up for me (US shop at home). Yesterday it didn't. Thanks everyone for making calls and providing info. Best wishes everyone

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:27 am

But stclair, if they don't know, they shouldn't say anything, I still think that's wrong, and in my opinion, Lego is famous for their employees not knowing what's going on- or is it that we just know too much :)
VENI VIDI VICI

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:33 am

Plus... I just added it to my shopping cart on their site ;)
VENI VIDI VICI

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:12 pm

lordoflego wrote:But stclair, if they don't know, they shouldn't say anything, I still think that's wrong, and in my opinion, Lego is famous for their employees not knowing what's going on- or is it that we just know too much :)
You have a point. If they aren't sure they shouldn't guess that its gone. The correct and best action would be to admit that they are unsure. I decided to buy two more (just did). I was tempted to wait for double VIP points but decided it may be best to buy now with Winter Soldier. Double VIP points for 2x ghostbuster sets would mean that I would be saving $10 for an order of $100. If purchasing now I would be earning $5 VIP points plus the Winter Soldier poly which I intend to resale to cover purchase cost. Hopefully I can sell him for $10-$20. So better to buy now than wait for double VIP points right?

Also I agree... Sometimes I think AFOLs may know more about items than the average customer service agent. Perhaps we do know too much :)

Glad I didn't offend you lordoflego. Its so easy to lose friends in the age of social media with a differing opinion. I consider you a friend :-D
Last edited by StClair on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Please, I'm far from being offended :) have a great weekend if I don't see you here :)
VENI VIDI VICI