GameStop Silver Centurion Iron Man polybag

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

GameStop Silver Centurion Iron Man polybag

Post by phantasmo33 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:41 am

FYI - the new Lego Avengers video game came out yesterday and GameStop is giving away this exclusive polybag with pre-orders. I've had good luck in the past politely asking employees of they had any extras to spare when they get exclusive polybags and luckily scored the Silver Centurion yesterday.

It never hurts to ask! :)

craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: GameStop Silver Centurion Iron Man polybag

Post by craan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 am

I went into our local gamestop and asked to buy one and was told no, that they only had enough for their preorders.. :(

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm

My local store said the same thing. They still had random leftovers from previous games but only had enough for the pre-order pickups for Silver Centurion

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:27 pm

My store gave me an extra along with the game and the polybag they reserved for me!

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:00 pm

I actually went in today to buy the game. I had forgotten to preorder. So when he was ringing me up I asked, "You don't to have any of the mini figures left from the preorders, do you. I forgot to preorder." He opened the drawer and there was one still in there. He looked at the manager and he told him, "go ahead, give it to him." SCORE!!!

phantasmo33
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by phantasmo33 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:38 am

I went to another GameStop today and was able to get another one. Seems like it's hit or miss with these. 2 of them told me no way and the other 2 had no problems with it.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:02 am

EB Games in Canada was also doing the promo. The brick adjuster (on youtube) heard that they had extras and would give them out for free, if they had them. I went to my two local stores. The first store told me they still had a few people to come pick up their game and couldn't give me one, but the second store had lots so I got one. The guy said that a large number of people said no to the polypag when they picked up their game. Can you believe it? They looked like they had a bunch left so I might try again the next time I'm down that way.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:17 am

hatcher wrote:The guy said that a large number of people said no to the polypag when they picked up their game. Can you believe it?
That seems so silly to me. Even if you don't care one bit about the minfigure, you would probably know or just be able to guess that it would command some dough on the reseller market, but I guess some people just don't care. I'm sure I've purchased something in the past that came with some sort of exclusive that I couldn't care less about that others were clamoring for. Can't think of an example at the moment, but I'm sure it's happened.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive