Lego Education US online shopping changes

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Neo
Knight
Knight

Lego Education US online shopping changes

Post by Neo » Fri May 13, 2016 3:49 pm

When visiting Lego Education US - I noticed that the online shopping selection appears to be drastistically cut back to big set - Lego Education use to offer technic parts that shop.lego.com would not offer - Lego education was especially useful for those in First Lego League as a source for parts. Can anyone tell me what has transpired? Is there another way to buy new Technic parts from Lego?

Walter

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Education US online shopping changes

Post by SpaceViking » Sat May 14, 2016 9:50 am

Wow. You're right, the education shop has dramatically changed. Brick-n-Pieces may be the only other route to get new Technic parts direct from lego. They tend to be more expensive than bricklink, though.

Lately, I've been focusing on buying bulk used lots with lots of technic in them and picking up clearanced system sets that have Technic parts in them (for example, UA 70168 Drillex was a good one) and selling off the minifigs/etc. I've found that to be more cost effective, but also more work, than picking up the old lego education packs. I can imagine it would be tough to support a FLL team going that route, though.