Which new sets are exclusive to specific retailers (US)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Which new sets are exclusive to specific retailers (US)

Post by semajnollissor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:16 am

Many new Lego sets became available directly from TLG on June 1st, but only some of the sets have become available through other retailers. Most of the new sets will eventually show up at the usual stores, but at least some of the sets will be exclusive to specific retailers in the US (Usually TRU, Target, and Walmart).

I prefer to buy from Amazon, Walmart, etc since they tend to have better sale prices, but that isn't always the case with the exclusive sets. I was wondering if any of you know (or have reasonable suspicion) which new sets are exclusive to specific retailers in the US.

For example, I suspect that the new classic set 10705 will turn out to be a Walmart exclusive in the US, and that it will only be available there on Black Friday, based on similar circumstances for previous sets 10697 and 10664 (and how set 10702 was handled similar to set 10695).

I also suspect that the new city service station 60132 is a TRU exclusive, which would explain its crazy price, although I hope I'm wrong about that.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Which new sets are exclusive to specific retailers (US)

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:24 pm

The gas station horrible price has nothing to do with it being a store exclusive or not.