LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 am

saw spot at local Target in valentine section for series 3, none there yet.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 am

I may stop at my local Target and either see them and be shocked or see an empty spot and not be shocked...

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Okay to my surprise they had a box at Target and I bought it... didn't expect that one.

Funny story tho but now my soon to be wife is giving me grief. They had a sealed box, perfectly sealed.. I took it to the electronics department and the guy scanned the box and he said "okay it'll be $3.20" ... i literally sat there for 5 seconds pondering if I should pay the $3.20 (fig plus tax) and walk off with a box of 60 figures putting them at .06 per figure... or fess up and say "actually... there's 60 figures in there.. at $2.99"

.. 5 seconds went by.. and I said "actually..."

Yeah I had to do the honest thing and pay retail. I couldn't do it.. but my fiance said "uh if they rang it up at $3.20 then you shoulda just paid and left.. that's what they told you it cost!" We had a debate about who's right/wrong. I told her "that would have been stealing" and she said "not if that's what they told you it cost, but now you're out 100 something bucks!"

What would you have done?? :(

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote: What would you have done?? :(
I have to choose my words carefully (being new to this forum and all) but I think your fiance is very wrong.

Kudos to you for doing the right thing.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:18 pm

MrDisco wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote: What would you have done?? :(
I have to choose my words carefully (being new to this forum and all) but I think your fiance is very wrong.

Kudos to you for doing the right thing.
I approached her again and she said she was just kidding. She said she's done the same thing before (going the honest route) ... which made me feel better, but man.. that would have literally been a "steal" of a deal! hah

Oh yeah, duh now I have to DECODE!

WhenYouSeeIt
I'm New !

Post by WhenYouSeeIt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Good luck with the decoding, and high five for being honest!

There were two freshly opened boxes at the Target in Watertown, NY so I spent some time groping and looking for tiny bump reflections before finally having enough of that and walking out with a handful of mummies and some random odds and ends. Still no freaking elves, and that gorilla guy remains elusive, but I've got a trade set up to finally track him down. While I was there a Mom showed up with a little printed cheat sheet so I helped her find the snowboarder and the rapper for her kids. Another family asked me if LEGO had started making candy since the minifigs were in the Valentine's Day display with all the chocolates :lol:

Still nada in Canada, but I sent a message to the TRU.ca folks to see if they had any idea when we'd see Series 3 on their shelves.
Looking for Zombies or Pharoah's Quest Minifigs to trade for various Series 3 Minifigs including the coveted Elves and Fishermen! PM me for details. Can ship/receive in Canada & the US!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Man decoding has been an issue!!! The cheat sheets aren't helping so we're grouping by obvious dots and then doing the feel method for double clarification... and now it's late and time for bed... i need more time..

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm

i tired that cheat sheet whenyouseeit posted and i absolutely swear that my batch of figs bear no resemblance to those dots. i'm kinda dejected .. i don't know if i'll be able to get one set of figs (heck i'm not even looking to army build)

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

It's 1:16am.. and we're finally done with the box... we grouped and then we felt to double check.. and i can tell you that the alien/ray man and the racecar driver/rapper had VERY VERY similar dot patterns...

I ended up getting the box that has 4 Fisherman (felt all four ropes for the fisherman). I was worried at one point because we had groups with 6 figures with the same dot pattern and only 15 groups.. we're straight now..

Series 3 set.. complete.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:24 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:Okay to my surprise they had a box at Target and I bought it... didn't expect that one.

Funny story tho but now my soon to be wife is giving me grief. They had a sealed box, perfectly sealed.. I took it to the electronics department and the guy scanned the box and he said "okay it'll be $3.20" ... i literally sat there for 5 seconds pondering if I should pay the $3.20 (fig plus tax) and walk off with a box of 60 figures putting them at .06 per figure... or fess up and say "actually... there's 60 figures in there.. at $2.99"

Yeah I had to do the honest thing and pay retail. I couldn't do it.. but my fiance said "uh if they rang it up at $3.20 then you shoulda just paid and left.. that's what they told you it cost!" We had a debate about who's right/wrong. I told her "that would have been stealing" and she said "not if that's what they told you it cost, but now you're out 100 something bucks!"

Where are you at? My local target store only has the save event display. No valentines yet. From your sales tax, just seems like you're nearby (I.e. In the same state).

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 am

natelite wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:Okay to my surprise they had a box at Target and I bought it... didn't expect that one.

Where are you at? My local target store only has the save event display. No valentines yet. From your sales tax, just seems like you're nearby (I.e. In the same state).
I live in Augusta, GA with the 7% sales tax.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Collectable Minifigures Series 3 now at Canadian Walmarts!

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Can confirm these are now in Walmart in Canada - a user on Redflagdeals reported seeing them in Walmarts in Burlington and Mississauga - I can personally confirm they have about 10 boxes at the Brant St. Walmart in Burlington, but nothing at the Waterdown Walmart as of lunch time today. Price is $2.86.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I went to Target today. I did not see any CMF3s, and there was no spot for them in the Valentine's Day section.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Series 3 CMF have shown up at one of my local Targets (Westminster Mall, CA) in the Valentine's Day seasonal section. I already have a complete set, so I just picked up 1 elf. It didn't look like it had been picked through before me.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Can confirm the Canadian Walmart sighting, saw 6 boxes at a Walmart in Barrie Ontario today, priced at $2.86.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I think we can confirm it's now available at most Walmarts. Was seen at Scarborough Town Centre Walmart. It's freaking hard to impossible to eyeball the bumps. I ended up getting a box of 60(embarrassed I did that; will probably get flamed but I'm not keeping them all) and will use the cheat sheet at home. I'm only going for one of each so I'm returning 44 of them. Someone else said they also found them at the Markville Mall Walmart.

EDIT: So I'm going through them right now and the very first one I opened up was the elf (woot! one of the ones I like a bit more by the way) and comparing to the cheat sheet, it matched up with the dots, at least the grey ones. Though I'm confused as to what the white dots in the cheat sheet mean as I did not see or feel them on the packaging.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 am

Calif. fans, The Sunnyvale Target has stocked them. looks to about 2 boxes worth. They just dumped them out loose in the Valentines section (no box).

xoodus
I'm New !

Post by xoodus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 am

I've spotted them here in the UK at The Entertainer and in my local WH Smiths. Both had 2 boxes each.

I picked up 3 and got the Gorilla suit guy, Sumo wrestler and the Fisherman. I tried using the dot system but found it pretty tough. Wasn't far out with each, but I found the trick is to look for the pattern and not the location of the dots.

Anyway, good news on this side of the Atlantic that they're starting to appear!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 am

Double checked toysrus.com and they are now sold out of Series 3 figures.

Lumberjerk
I'm New !

Post by Lumberjerk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 am

Found these here at my local Walmart in Toronto, ON ... didn't find it too hard to read the dots but out of 4 boxes only 3 elves were left -- better than nothing!

I find that the dots aren't always in the 'right' place (some or stamped higher or lower than others), but they're always in the right place in relation to each other ...

Got a complete set and lots of the Hooligan! (Boom Box guy ... whatever he's called).

Wohoo!
*formerly Mikael-o -- consolidating my Lego identity ;)