[USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 pm

atmail35 wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:I called them about my order that has not been shipped. I gave them my order number, but unfortunately they couldn't find my order number on their system for some reason (even though that my order shows on my Legoshop.com account showing as "In Process" status). My order included MBA Kit 1, MBA Kit 2-6 and free shadow ARF and I ordered on May 3rd. So, they had to reorder them without the Shadow ARF tropper because they no longer have it. You guys better call them to see what is going on if it has not been shipped.
Oh lovely! After seeing that vynsane sent them an e-mail, I did the same, but have not heard back yet. I guess I'll phone tomorrow if I don't hear back, but since they shipped the PAB box it seems like they "should" have my order. Go figure.

vynsane - do post if you hear back, I'm curious.

gabriellee11 did they offer you something else in exchange for the promo they can't ship to you?
Yes, they gave me 2 day shipping + 2 Pick a Brick Box (basically an extra PAB box...they didnt have many left though). I just reordered the MBA Kit 1, but if your entire order would have been of $35 or more they will probably would have given you a Free Euro Racer polybag too.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:Yes, they gave me 2 day shipping + 2 Pick a Brick Box (basically an extra PAB box...they didnt have many left though). I just reordered the MBA Kit 1, but if your entire order would have been of $35 or more they will probably would have given you a Free Euro Racer polybag too.
That sounds fair.

I received my shipping notice tonight for the actual kit so I guess I shouldn't have bothered w/ the e-mail.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 am

Got my confirmation email as well. I'm completely stoked to see what this is all about.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:55 am

I got my confirmation as well. Just in time for my kid's birthday!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:35 pm

I saw the first MBA set on the shelf in the Natick, MA Lego Store this afternoon.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Does anyone understand how the shipping costs work for MBA? If I buy it when they are offering free shipping will all the kits ship for free? Since the subscription for kits 2-6 is $69.99 is the shipping charge $8.95 for all 5 kits? (based on this shipping chart: http://shop.lego.com/TermsPolicies/ship ... ndling.asp)

I'm kind of regretting that I didn't just buy it during the last free shipping promo.

Does the Lego Store still give free shipping if you order it through by going into the B&M store?

Any other options to get free shipping? ;) Thanks!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I picked up the MBA 1 at the LEGO store in Troy, MI this weekend.

I think they did a nice job on the manual/book.
The tray is a little flimsy, but acceptable.

Glad the minifig didn't have the face shown on the box, never liked the plain face.
Will order kits 2-6 as soon as I can afford it.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm

atmail35 wrote:Does anyone understand how the shipping costs work for MBA? If I buy it when they are offering free shipping will all the kits ship for free?
Correct.
Since the subscription for kits 2-6 is $69.99 is the shipping charge $8.95 for all 5 kits?
Yes, you are only charged once for shipping.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Does anyone understand how the shipping costs work for MBA? If I buy it when they are offering free shipping will all the kits ship for free?
Correct.
Since the subscription for kits 2-6 is $69.99 is the shipping charge $8.95 for all 5 kits?
Yes, you are only charged once for shipping.
Great, thank you. Now I have to wait for a free shipping promo ;)

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 am

I was looking to order the Set 2-6 MBA today, but it's disappeared off the LS@H web site. Anyone know if this is still available?

Thanks.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:52 am

SH1 wrote:I was looking to order the Set 2-6 MBA today, but it's disappeared off the LS@H web site. Anyone know if this is still available?

Thanks.
Call them
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

SH1 wrote:I was looking to order the Set 2-6 MBA today, but it's disappeared off the LS@H web site. Anyone know if this is still available?

Thanks.
UGH, I was planning on ordering it w/ free ship and was waiting a week or two. I wonder if it's b/c they don't want to offer free shipping on it? Let us know if you find out info.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:51 am

WOW, that's odd. I'm glad I got my order in early. Kit 2 is on its way, according to the email I received...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:37 pm

atmail35 wrote:

Thanks.
UGH, I was planning on ordering it w/ free ship and was waiting a week or two. I wonder if it's b/c they don't want to offer free shipping on it? Let us know if you find out info.
My guess it has to do with update that happened over night.
Think there are quite a few bugs to be worked out.

:geek:

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:47 pm

any mispriced sets with the update? something like ucs mf for $100 for e.g.? :P anything that afols can buy 100x for 70% off??

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Got my Kit2 in the mail, a Huge polybag of 222 pieces with a nice huge instruction book. Still Level 1 tho -.-
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Luciant wrote:Got my Kit2 in the mail, a Huge polybag of 222 pieces with a nice huge instruction book. Still Level 1 tho -.-
I looked at some pictures of Kit 2, and it looks very nice! I hope MBA comes to Canada. I would definitely subscribe.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Ya, my only other 'gripe' about the set is it has no minifigures. But hey, 222 pieces out and 4 more sets... this is well worth the money.

Plus... the set is all about the 'minibuild'. So it is actually very interesting cuz it tries to teach you techniques for that. I like that Lego is going with a variety of different 'ways' to build. Geniuses there I tell you.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

MBA Kits 2-6 are showing up again on-line now. Must have been lost in the migration to the new website layout.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:51 am

Luciant wrote:Ya, my only other 'gripe' about the set is it has no minifigures. But hey, 222 pieces out and 4 more sets... this is well worth the money.

Plus... the set is all about the 'minibuild'. So it is actually very interesting cuz it tries to teach you techniques for that. I like that Lego is going with a variety of different 'ways' to build. Geniuses there I tell you.
Aren't there supposed to be buildable accessories for the green pilot minifigure in each box? What are the accessories included here?