[USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 am

He gets a white baseball cap (for some reason) and the brick-built accessory is supposedly a micro-scale space shuttle, though it's a stretch. I think the accessories will be better with Kit 3, when they get back to minifig-scale building.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Exactly... But I'm actually really impressed with the Micro-scale building in the 2nd MBA kit....

They also gave him a magnifying glass in Kit 2 I believe
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:51 am

I literally JUST got mine. The bag it comes in is HUGE compared to the usual size polys we get. I haven't had the chance to build it yet, but will post my thoughts.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 pm

I ordered my Kit 2-6 with the free Target Practice polybag and I bought a bunch of PAB items to go over $75 for free shipping. I'm glad to hear Kit 2 seems cool.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I never got a chance to pop back in, but Kit 2 is really cool - the Airport is the best build and uses the most pieces. The Shuttle launchpad is second, with some cool details. The racetrack is... lackluster. There's a lot of leftover pieces and the "hotrod"... well, you need to REALLY use your imagination to picture it.

The minifigure accessories are also just okay. The magnifying glass (from the CMFs2 'Explorer') makes the most sense. I would have rather they gave us hair instead of the white baseball cap. The brick-built "micro shuttle" isn't great.

Once I input my subscription code, it opened a few new doors on the MBA site. One was my 'Member Profile' which shows a little bit of a hint on at leas the headgear that the figures will get throughout the year.

LEGO MBA member profile by vynsane, on Flickr

The helmet with Kit 3 seems to be a standard space/racecar helmet in gray (maybe metallic silver?), except that it comes with one of those "welding mask" type visors.

Kit 4 looks to be the Space Police Commando helmet, but in light gray, possibly with a metallic silver visor.

Kit 5 seems to come with the Snake (Space Police 3 baddie) helmet, the one with the spikes on top, with a red visor.

Kit 6 - black space/racecar helmet and black visor (Blacktron style ;) )

Count of Tuscany
I'm New !

Post by Count of Tuscany » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 am

what does your home page look like when you switch it to kit 2?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 am

It's fairly similar to the desk for Kit 1, but the second manual is added to the magazine box in the upper right-hand corner, the postcard changes and the Kit 2 airport build shows up in the lower right-hand corner of the desk.
Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 2.13.11 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 2.13.01 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 2.13.06 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 am

Finally pulled trigger myself and ordered today.
didn't want to miss out on free shipping!
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 am

Why did they have to change the minifigure head? I like the classic retro one better. I wonder what head the next minifig will sport?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

My Kit 2 arrived today and the manual was bent in half and very beat up. Did all of your kits ship in a bubble mailer? I called and they are sending a replacement, but this is very annoying. It also was folded in my mailbox (damn mailman is too lazy to leave it on my front step), but the envelope was ripped and pretty dirty so I think it was damaged before the mailman shoved it in the mailbox.

I suggested that they mail it in a thin box and not a bubble mailer in the future.

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:30 pm

The mini new york buildings scene looks really good.. I wanna make that.! :)

bigdaddy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bigdaddy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm

atmail35 wrote:My Kit 2 arrived today and the manual was bent in half and very beat up. Did all of your kits ship in a bubble mailer? I called and they are sending a replacement, but this is very annoying. It also was folded in my mailbox (damn mailman is too lazy to leave it on my front step), but the envelope was ripped and pretty dirty so I think it was damaged before the mailman shoved it in the mailbox.

I suggested that they mail it in a thin box and not a bubble mailer in the future.

Mine was shipped the same way in a bubble mailer. The bubble mailer was pretty beat up and once I opened it I saw that the manual took a beating. Polybag was fine and the pieces were not damaged. Customer service said they would ship out a replacement that I should recieve by next week. Hope they dont send them all in bubble mailers cause this could be an issue. Funny thing is I have these shipped to my job to avoid leaving on a doorstep or trying to squeeze into a mailbox and it still looked liked it had been folded multiple different ways to get it to fit.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:18 pm

bigdaddy wrote: Mine was shipped the same way in a bubble mailer. The bubble mailer was pretty beat up and once I opened it I saw that the manual took a beating. Polybag was fine and the pieces were not damaged. Customer service said they would ship out a replacement that I should recieve by next week. Hope they dont send them all in bubble mailers cause this could be an issue. Funny thing is I have these shipped to my job to avoid leaving on a doorstep or trying to squeeze into a mailbox and it still looked liked it had been folded multiple different ways to get it to fit.
I'm hoping the replacement is in a more suitable mailer or I'm going to have to call again! Yeah the manual is "usable" but for $70 I expect it to be in better condition! I wonder if it's b/c we ordered w/ free shipping that they cheaped out on the packaging and shipping (mine came Fedex "smartpost")...Smart my ***!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 am

my order shipped, so i got code to unlock kit 2 desk.
I really like the skateboard for this kit.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

ncbarrett wrote:my order shipped, so i got code to unlock kit 2 desk.
What skateboard? Haven't built mine yet...

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 am

TClone wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:my order shipped, so i got code to unlock kit 2 desk.
What skateboard? Haven't built mine yet...
I meant on the website when you pick kit 2.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 pm

atmail35 wrote:I'm hoping the replacement is in a more suitable mailer or I'm going to have to call again! Yeah the manual is "usable" but for $70 I expect it to be in better condition! I wonder if it's b/c we ordered w/ free shipping that they cheaped out on the packaging and shipping (mine came Fedex "smartpost")...Smart my ***!
Mine came in relatively good shape, not as good as the Kit 1 manual, but of course that was inside the Kit 1 box. It was also in a bubble mailer via FedEx smartpost -> USPS.

I have a feeling they'll be changing the way they ship them out. There's just too much that can go wrong with this type of high-end item (compared to Brickmaster) to trust it to a bubble mailer.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 am

vynsane wrote:
atmail35 wrote:I'm hoping the replacement is in a more suitable mailer or I'm going to have to call again! Yeah the manual is "usable" but for $70 I expect it to be in better condition! I wonder if it's b/c we ordered w/ free shipping that they cheaped out on the packaging and shipping (mine came Fedex "smartpost")...Smart my ***!
Mine came in relatively good shape, not as good as the Kit 1 manual, but of course that was inside the Kit 1 box. It was also in a bubble mailer via FedEx smartpost -> USPS.

I have a feeling they'll be changing the way they ship them out. There's just too much that can go wrong with this type of high-end item (compared to Brickmaster) to trust it to a bubble mailer.
Got mine SAT, was slightly bent in my mailbox.
Nothing major, flattened out ok.

drtabo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by drtabo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 am

Mailman left mine at my door... No bends for me.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Anyone notice the helmet the minifig is wearing for robot kit in the book?
has that been used before?