Investing in Lego

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
legohunter
Count
Count

Re: Investing in Lego

Post by legohunter » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:59 pm

super26 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to all those who posted here. I am learning a lot from you guys/gals. Thinking of getting the Falcon at $179.99CAD - 30% discount from my workplace. For those who brought the Falcon 7965 before, did you guys get it lower than $125.99CAD + Tax? before, and if so, how often does this happen?
Got the Falcon from BN.com at 2011 Summer : $97.96 (after 30% off from U.S. MSRP) + 4.9 tax + 6.5 shipping to Canada. Unfortunately, after this promo. I haven't seen any other falcon deal like this from BN.com

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 pm

legohunter wrote:
super26 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to all those who posted here. I am learning a lot from you guys/gals. Thinking of getting the Falcon at $179.99CAD - 30% discount from my workplace. For those who brought the Falcon 7965 before, did you guys get it lower than $125.99CAD + Tax? before, and if so, how often does this happen?
Got the Falcon from BN.com at 2011 Summer : $97.96 (after 30% off from U.S. MSRP) + 4.9 tax + 6.5 shipping to Canada. Unfortunately, after this promo. I haven't seen any other falcon deal like this from BN.com

was it 30% off the total?, if so, I am guessing you brought a few?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 am

popnfresh wrote: The Original gunship is still sitting around $300, peak pricing was about $400 from what I recall. Right now the 2nd edition gunship is around $400, and should start falling soon (BUT the 3rd edition doesnt look to be as good as the 2nd, so it might even stay high).
the upcoming third edition is an Episode 2/3 Gunship and is nearly identical to the clone wars Gunship and superior to the first.

because the new Gunship is an actual movie set, not a Clone Wars set, it will be more popular in the long run... but the Clone Wars Gunship should maintain most of its value.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 am

super26 wrote:
Yes, 30% off to U.S. MSRP. I only got one coz' I also got the Republic Frigate from BN.com plus I need to save my pot of gold for upcoming discontinued sets. MF was a new release at that time, I had assumed there would be plenty of time to wait for a better deal. If you were lucky enough to find Republic Frigate from TRUs last week, you could get the deal that was as good as the one from BN.com.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 am

legohunter wrote:
super26 wrote:
Yes, 30% off to U.S. MSRP. I only got one coz' I also got the Republic Frigate from BN.com plus I need to save my pot of gold for upcoming discontinued sets. MF was a new release at that time, I had assumed there would be plenty of time to wait for a better deal. If you were lucky enough to find Republic Frigate from TRUs last week, you could get the deal that was as good as the one from BN.com.

Yeah, my TRU store had the set for 50% off the MSRP. However, I wasn't lucky enough to get it. The set is actually being discontinued from Toys R US (Canada), that's according to one of the manager I spoke with. Not sure if it's true or not.

Jasper Parnebrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Jasper Parnebrick » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 pm

slacker wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:I'm feeling sad on this as the hurriane flooded my basement and dmaged some of my "speculation" boxes.
Grr at my girlfreind for insisting I free up closet space.
wow, that sucks dude. When I was young, I used to put my comics in the basement. Wrong. Humidity killed them. Most turned yellow.
I am storing some of my sets in my garage, which is detached from my house, I only store the not so great ROI sets (i.e not Death Stars, or SSDs). I am worried that as we go from winter to spring, dew and humidity may permanently damage the cardboard boxes. They are inside plastic storage bins, but the bins are not air-tight. Anyone have any feedback on whether or not the cardboard will be ruined?

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sun May 05, 2013 4:36 am

You could find mold on your sets boxes. Get them inside your house and use a dehumidifier during the summer.

Jasper Parnebrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Jasper Parnebrick » Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 am

thanks man!