LEGO Store coming to Kansas City

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

LEGO Store coming to Kansas City

Post by harrelmusic » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Glad to see a LEGO Store coming to Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS. I typed it into my GPS and I'll be about 30 minutes away. I used to work at Camelot Music at Oak Park Mall when I was in high school.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... store.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Store coming to Kansas City

Post by Relhak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Wooo! I'm glad we'll be getting a store that doesn't charge by the pound for PaB. I'm even more glad it won't be on the MO side where I would have to start paying sales tax on S@H orders. :)

dhaas06
I'm New !

Post by dhaas06 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 am

Relhak wrote:Wooo! I'm glad we'll be getting a store that doesn't charge by the pound for PaB. I'm even more glad it won't be on the MO side where I would have to start paying sales tax on S@H orders. :)
What about the Legoland Discovery center they are putting in around Crown Plaza on the Missouri side? I think that is supposed to be open by this summer, and it will certainly include a store of some kind. Would that qualify for the sales tax rule?

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 am

Legoland Discovery Centers are not run by the LEGO Group, but Merlin Entertainment so I think you will be safe on the sales tax until a regular b&m enters MO. The store in LDC's are not regular stores and are still run by Merlin. I could be wrong by all this, but my understanding how these work. Also take note if you are buying from LEGO before a store is built in your state do it early. They will start charging sales tax as soon as they are fully registered to do business in the state which will be well before the store opens :)

benfoldsrock
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by benfoldsrock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 pm

That is awesome. When will it be open? 2013? It is 5 minutes from my house! I ship all my Lego from shop at home to my friends house in Missouri bc of the tax thing.