Question for canadian buyers

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ti_jay007
Citizen
Citizen

Question for canadian buyers

Post by ti_jay007 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:59 am

If there is any Canadian on the forum. Maybe guys from the states can answer too.

I was wondering if there any place on the web where we can buy Lego sets at a fair price. Of course, there is always the shipping cost that are higher for canadian buyer, but I can live with that. There is a little selection of lego I can find at the local walmart, target, zellers, but I'd love to see if I could get some variety elsewhere. There is also some nice City sets I missed in the last year or two that probably won't get back in my area...

Thanks for the info guys!
Jerome

soccerkid6
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Question for canadian buyers

Post by soccerkid6 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 am

You could check out Bricklink, they have everything Lego. Lots of stores in Canada too.

wintersun
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wintersun » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:47 am

Barnes & Nobles!!!

I almost buy everything there now.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 am

Amazon.com SELECTED items ship to Canada and they usually have great sales on LEGO items.

Rook
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Rook » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Pennsylvania.

:D Yeah no I'm kidding they do have no sales tax, but usually I just watch and wait for the sales. ;)

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 pm

What part of QC are you in? Are you close to the border? If so, just ship to a close to the border UPS store and go pick it up. You avoid the possible border fees, you can get some cheap(er) while there and make a trip out of it!!
As some have mentioned, ,most US shops online will ship for free if you keep it inside the US. I buy 99% of mine State side as it is typically 30% or less than the counterparts in Canada.

ti_jay007
Citizen
Citizen

Post by ti_jay007 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 am

I live in Riviere-du-Loup, near New Brunzwick. My bro lives in NB, about 20 minutes from the border but unfortunately, he's on the wrong side of the border. haha!

I'll see if he got some friends State side...

Too bad we can't have these type of BOGO sales in TRU canada...

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:21 am

I buy 90% of my lego sets from outside Canada. It's always a bit of a hunt.

I wait for coupons for B&N and lookout for posted sales for amazon.com/.it/.fr/co.uk . A couple times I've had things shipped to friends who live overseas and then go pick it up when I visit them. I guess I could just ship a bunch of stuff across the border and go pick it up, but I think that would be open season on my wallet.