LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
egadzook
I'm New !

Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening Celebrations (TN, NY, BC, WI)

Post by egadzook » Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 am

Legobrandon wrote:Wow! Where the heck did they get the extra store set and minifigure set? It is unfortunate they did not do the same for Ice.

EDIT: Btw, was it hand delivered or postal? :-D
It was sent by courier.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:41 am

egadzook wrote:Like Ice, I also sent a complaint email to Lego about Saturday's opening event. I received an email back letting me know that they passed my comments and suggestions to Store Operations. Then today I received a very unexpected package from the Oakridge Lego store (they must've gotten my address from my VIP account?) containing an apology, the duplo r2d2 brick, r2d2 poster, TC-14 minifig, Saturday's Lego store set, and Sunday's minifigure set. :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: Very, very pleasantly surprised at their response!
Now that's good customer service....I hope others get the same treatment.

I agree with others that LEGO could do something like wristbands/tickets/tokens to indicate how many people are in line etc. I think that would really help out the situation.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 am

egadzook wrote:Like Ice, I also sent a complaint email to Lego about Saturday's opening event. I received an email back letting me know that they passed my comments and suggestions to Store Operations. Then today I received a very unexpected package from the Oakridge Lego store (they must've gotten my address from my VIP account?) containing an apology, the duplo r2d2 brick, r2d2 poster, TC-14 minifig, Saturday's Lego store set, and Sunday's minifigure set. :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: Very, very pleasantly surprised at their response!
What??? :eek: Thats such a shame they told me they don't have any. But I'm happy to know that you got all those freebies!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 am

Ice wrote:
What??? :eek: Thats such a shame they told me they don't have any. But I'm happy to know that you got all those freebies!
I think the outcome of what you could get from lego group was totally depending on whom you are talking to.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 am

:eek:

Sorry to hear all the disappointment stories! Man, am I glad I'm not the guy who said there would be no lines! :razz:
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu May 10, 2012 11:10 am

mah4546 wrote:This isn't an iPad release. There won't be lines. I'd just show up when the mall opens and get some rest.
Mr.mah4546, did you see the lineup? Can you believe the line was worst than ipad released? :evil: Yes, right, it was not ipad released, but it was lego store grand opening. I would value my lego collection higher than an ipad.

I think one of the reason for huge lineup was that the advertisement was over-done. All media in Vancouver did talk about this event, including CTV news and local newspaper.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm

But it is a big thing. It is the first LEGO specialty store in BC.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm

For those who have not complained, I might suggest calling. I had called the 1-800 CS line a few years ago when I had a miserable experience at the LEGO Kidsfest with my daughter and nephew. I was very nice about it and said, I thought you might want to know that xyz happened and it really did not look favorably for LEGO. They ended up sending my daughter a set in the mail. AND remember, LEGO Kidsfest is run by a third party so LEGO technically didn't have to do this for us.

I would think they would try to help out those who had the misfortune of standing in line for hours. I was surprised that Ice only got 200 VIP points. :???: The inconsistancy with CS can be frustrating. :crazy:

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Store Wauwatosa, WI Grand Opening This Weekend

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Just a friendly reminder that the LEGO Store in Wauwatosa, WI will be having its grand opening this weekend! The T-shirt and minifigure set will be unique and exclusive to only this store. On the other hand, the store set will be available in other grand opening stores. However, it is in very high demand so we highly recommend that you head there at least an hour early before opening on Saturday (the earlier the better).

*LEGO T-shirt will be available in small, medium, large and x-large (kids) sizes.

LEGO Wisconsin Store Opening Gifts

Friday: Free LEGO Minifigure T-Shirt with a $35 purchase!
Saturday: Free Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $35 purchase!
Sunday: Free Exclusive Minfigure Set with a $35 purchase!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-store-wauwa ... s-weekend/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu May 10, 2012 3:25 pm

^ And this is why LEGO customer service is top notch. For those of you that have emailed them a complaint, please let us know what their reply is and what they are going to offer you, if there is any. Perhaps 20% off one item in store?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 10, 2012 4:55 pm

legohunter wrote:
mah4546 wrote:This isn't an iPad release. There won't be lines. I'd just show up when the mall opens and get some rest.
Mr.mah4546, did you see the lineup? Can you believe the line was worst than ipad released? :evil: Yes, right, it was not ipad released, but it was lego store grand opening. I would value my lego collection higher than an ipad.

I think one of the reason for huge lineup was that the advertisement was over-done. All media in Vancouver did talk about this event, including CTV news and local newspaper.
Agree, the entire mall was advertising the store. Food courts, skytrain station, everywhere! I was so shocked that there would be that many people on saturday.

Though, from pictures of other store openings... I've never seen a line as big as this nor have I heard of people not getting their store opening gifts. Maybe its just Vancouver. :???:

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Store Wauwatosa, WI Grand Opening This Weekend

Post by meyerc13 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 am

I've got my hotel reservation, and will be hitting the road in a few more hours. Can't wait for tomorrow. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Chris "meyerc13" Meyer

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

I'll be volunteering Saturday from 9:30-2:30 on (I believe) the Spongebob build. So excited!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you so much for your update. I just got the store set from the hand of a Fedex guy. It was very fast. An email was sent yesterday morning, and I received the package this morning. I never thought they could make the thing right as good as this. What a core value of a business! This was the best customer service I've ever experienced. I think one day they could write a book to teach people what is customer service.

Unfortunately, the box set was crushed because it was kept in a soft bubble package. :mad: I had showed the lego box to the Fedex delivery guy, and he said "because it was not in the box". Well, were he supposed to take a good care of the package, even it was in soft package. Anyway, I will never let Fedex to delivery my package.

Btw, egadzook, is there any particular CMF (except series 1) you are still looking for? PM and let me know your address, I'd like to drop you one to thank for your info.
Last edited by legohunter on Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 am

Hooray for great customer service! Just curious, were you told that you were going to recieve a package wih the store set, or even get a reply at all?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 11, 2012 11:57 am

Legobrandon wrote:Hooray for great customer service! Just curious, were you told that you were going to recieve a package wih the store set, or even get a reply at all?
The store manager responsed my complaint by email and asked for my address.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Good luck to all who are going! Post an update for us, please. :-D
iccarus wrote:I'll be volunteering Saturday from 9:30-2:30 on (I believe) the Spongebob build. So excited!
Question, are you able to make a purchase and get the store set as a volunteer? Are you worried it might be "sold out" or would they hold one for you? Especially since you are volunteering during the early store hours? I'm just curious how the volunteer thing works as far as getting the promos. Thanks! You can PM me if you'd rather not put it all out there.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat May 12, 2012 12:54 am

Get there early if you guys want any of the exclusives, super early. Just look at previous threads for how crazy it can get.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 am

Just got back from the Mayfair grand opening. Got there at 8:30am and got out at 10:15am. Line was long as expected, as was the the checkout line that circled the entire store. Luckily they learned from the Vancouver opening and started doing a head count for the ministore set.

Nonetheless still very surprised at the number of people showing up just for the exclusive ministore. I would have been very anxious had I shown up at 10am.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 am

Not bad, I must say. Enjoy the mini store set. I still have yet to open mine up and build it. :)