New Mining Polybag on Toys'R'Us.com!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
just2good
Knight
Knight

New Mining Polybag on Toys'R'Us.com!

Post by just2good » Thu May 17, 2012 5:03 am

Set number 30152, City Mining Quad. I suppose it will be showing up in stores soon.
Link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=13001423

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: New Mining Polybag on Toys'R'Us.com!

Post by ncbarrett » Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 am

all of the Mining sets are available
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu May 17, 2012 8:41 am

LOL it is eerily similar to the Fire ATV :P
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 am

How is it they're offering all the new sets before the LEGO stores? I suppose this is common, but we've only had a LEGO store for a week in the Kansas City area so it's a new phenomenon for me to experience.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Thu May 17, 2012 10:56 am

Seems like the Lego store is the last to get stuff in.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Toys R Us almost always releases first. I used to think that perhaps their contract with LEGO gave them a week of exclusivity, but now I'm starting to think that they just blatantly ignore the release date. I say that because on more than one occasion after TRU jumped the gun other retailers followed suit, including the LEGO store. I saw someone state that this week LEGO stores were given permission to shelf Monster Fighters and LotR as soon as they arrive in the store, which is ahead of the advertised release date.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 pm

toys r us in secaucus nj has all the new legos. i picked up one of the miner sets and 6 batman jetskis with the 10 off 50 buck coupon.

i buy those polybags and give them away as gifts. so i will be buying a bunch of these miner polybags too!

i talked to the clerks at the paramus lego store, and they said target and tru just ignore 'release' dates. i do not think they ignore, i think the stores get too much inventory, and have no choice but to put the new stuff on the shelves.

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Thu May 17, 2012 3:28 pm

meyerc13 wrote:Toys R Us almost always releases first. I used to think that perhaps their contract with LEGO gave them a week of exclusivity, but now I'm starting to think that they just blatantly ignore the release date. I say that because on more than one occasion after TRU jumped the gun other retailers followed suit, including the LEGO store. I saw someone state that this week LEGO stores were given permission to shelf Monster Fighters and LotR as soon as they arrive in the store, which is ahead of the advertised release date.
I absolutely agree with that it appears TRU blatantly ignores release dates. How about how they released Series 7 Minifigures about two weeks before the May 1st release date. I remember seeing them in all the TRU stores in Southern California and was shocked. Then I went to one late April and asked where there series 7 minifigures were and was told by the manager that they were not permitted to put those out until May 1st. I informed him that all the other stores had them, and he told me that he thinks corporate made a mistake because they absolutely were not supposed to have them out before May 1.

So I think TRU just ignores it. How else could they capitalize on their markups. Release Series 7 two weeks early at $3.49 or $3.99 before Walmart/Target start offering them at $2.99. Seems pretty cut and dry.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:39 am

lawpepperdine wrote:
meyerc13 wrote:Toys R Us almost always releases first. I used to think that perhaps their contract with LEGO gave them a week of exclusivity, but now I'm starting to think that they just blatantly ignore the release date. I say that because on more than one occasion after TRU jumped the gun other retailers followed suit, including the LEGO store. I saw someone state that this week LEGO stores were given permission to shelf Monster Fighters and LotR as soon as they arrive in the store, which is ahead of the advertised release date.
I absolutely agree with that it appears TRU blatantly ignores release dates. How about how they released Series 7 Minifigures about two weeks before the May 1st release date. I remember seeing them in all the TRU stores in Southern California and was shocked. Then I went to one late April and asked where there series 7 minifigures were and was told by the manager that they were not permitted to put those out until May 1st. I informed him that all the other stores had them, and he told me that he thinks corporate made a mistake because they absolutely were not supposed to have them out before May 1.

So I think TRU just ignores it. How else could they capitalize on their markups. Release Series 7 two weeks early at $3.49 or $3.99 before Walmart/Target start offering them at $2.99. Seems pretty cut and dry.
And of course TLG isnt gonna give TRU a hard time if they break street date, they are one of the biggest LEGO sellers around.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 am

TRU capitalizes on their markups on the front-end and back-end of the normal product lifecycle. If you look at the long-term trend, it seems they have it out earlier than they're supposed to (sometimes at or around MSRP, but often at higher prices), and then maintain their stock for a longer time than most of their competitors (Walmart and Target, particularly) so that they can sell it for the marked up prices to those who missed out after the big-box clearances.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Fri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm

LEGO has fines for stores that release early, but for big companies like TRU, they make more money by selling it first than what the fine is. That's the explanation I've been given by LEGO store employees.

I think it has also prompted LEGO to follow suit and release early to capture some of the audience that they wouldn't have otherwise.

But knowing TRU's price increases, I always wait to buy from the LEGO store. Except when Target released LotR online, I did buy Orc Forge to get the poster, 5% off and free shipping. But not that many people know to wait for a better deal than TRU.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I think Lego is partly to blame though. There is one way to solve the problem of TRU and Target releasing products early. Just don't send it to them until it has been on shop.lego.com or in Lego stores for a week or two. Problem solved!

Rhodebrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Rhodebrick » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

RI tru didn't have a polybag miner but had a miner box set. Actually tons of them. I think they are $14 range vdont remember exactly.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Cimmerian wrote:Seems like the Lego store is the last to get stuff in.
I know... weird isn't it