The Monster Fighters are not in the New Spring Lego Catalog

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

The Monster Fighters are not in the New Spring Lego Catalog

Post by emazers » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I got the new Lego Spring Catalog in the Mail Today and the Monster Fighters Sets are not in there, Except for the Haunted House, So just a heads up don't wait til the Last minute to get those sets and the Vampire's castle. And the Catalog did come with a 10 percent coupon.

legohunter
Count
Count

Re: The Monster Fighters are not in the New Spring Lego Cata

Post by legohunter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm

No budget to get the castle at MSRP. Very hard to find it at discounted in my local retailers.

sparkart
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sparkart » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Huh, that's kinda disconcerting. But I guess the end must come soon - how many variations on the classic Universal Monsters can you make, right?

If it were up to me, I'd make Vampire versus Werewolf army builder sets, you know, kinda loosely basing these on the Underworld universe. And then, I'd make LEGO Friends sets that also had a Vampire versus Werewolf theme to pick up the Twilight fans. ;)

Kinda smacks of race war doesn't it? But then, don't most LEGO themes foster an us-versus-them mentality. I mean, look at Legends of Chima. That's all-out race war right there, no? :lol:

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks for the info, but I'm passing on getting on the Vampire Castle, since I'm happy with the HH.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm

emazers wrote:I got the new Lego Spring Catalog in the Mail Today and the Monster Fighters Sets are not in there, Except for the Haunted House, So just a heads up don't wait til the Last minute to get those sets and the Vampire's castle. And the Catalog did come with a 10 percent coupon.
I didn't see the LOTR sets in the new catalog, I recall you mentioning in another thread some of the LOTR sets being retired in a few months. You think that is still happening?

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Marcus70 wrote:
I didn't see the LOTR sets in the new catalog, I recall you mentioning in another thread some of the LOTR sets being retired in a few months. You think that is still happening?
http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... =83&t=8266

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Is there some special signifigance to the Spring catolog? LotR (onlyHobbit sets), and MF (aside from HH) weren't in the January catalog either...

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am

sparkart wrote:Huh, that's kinda disconcerting. But I guess the end must come soon - how many variations on the classic Universal Monsters can you make, right?

Um given the popularity of Twlight/New Moon, Zombie, and so forth out there, a whole lot. Heck there's even a supernatural section of romance novels for crying out loud.

To be honest there was enough material for a second, third, and fourth wave, but was their enough sales? I would think enough for a second one...particularly by putting out different zombies and vampires, a spectre type ghost* and a new hero.

*Use the CMF Genie base cast in grey and handcuffs for "chains"

On that Note....Hrrm Disney's Haunted Mansion UCS set would be nice.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

NIGELTTF wrote: *Use the CMF Genie base cast in grey and handcuffs for "chains"
Were you talking about this? Except that it is not in grey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Almost...

While the base is the same part, Nigel was referring to the genie from series 6.

legohunter wrote:Were you talking about this? Except that it is not in grey.
It's not made in gray...yet. It would be cool if Lego molded it as a gray part and made other ghostly/spectral beings to bring Monster Fighters back around for a second series. I'd love to see it "live again!"

MuHAHAHAHA
Jared

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Not that this is a terrible surprise at this point, but The Zombies is now listed as a "Retired Product" on S@H:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Zombies-9465

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 pm

melsig wrote:Not that this is a terrible surprise at this point, but The Zombies is now listed as a "Retired Product" on S@H:

Wasn't this set retired way before Xmas? Like mid Nov or something like that

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 am

There was room to believe that Lego could resurrect The Zombies anytime. Now such puny mortal hopes are entombed.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

CrazyRus wrote:
melsig wrote:Not that this is a terrible surprise at this point, but The Zombies is now listed as a "Retired Product" on S@H:

No it's been sold out of most Targets when they had their big sale last winter. I was able to get one from s@h last month, but had to check their stock everyday online to get one.

Brickshow discusses the Zombies set up 168% in a few months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpFcSFb ... vw&index=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 am

Marcus70 wrote:
CrazyRus wrote:

No it's been sold out of most Targets when they had their big sale last winter. I was able to get one from s@h last month, but had to check their stock everyday online to get one.

Brickshow discusses the Zombies set up 168% in a few months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpFcSFb ... vw&index=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
His genius idea is that because it was Target exclusive and can not be bought anymore in stores so that's why price shot up. Thanks, Captain Obvious....

mudcatsfan
I'm New !

Post by mudcatsfan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am

Hey There. I'm mainly a star wars Lego collector, but couldn't help notice what a good deal it seems to be buying other lines' popular sets on clearance and sit on them until they are retired. I know not all sets pan out, in fact I found mines of Moria for 54 at christmas and then found is one of the few lotr sets NOT being retired. D'oh!!! Anyway I went ahead and stocked up on monster fighters sets 30% of clearance at walmarts. I've got about three of each set other than the ghost train. Even at $54 it just doesn't seem like a winner. What do you all think will be the best performing set of this bunch?

Thanks for the always interesting reads and responses.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm

The Vampyre Castle will be the best investment other than the Haunted House. But you won't find the Haunted House at Walmart anyways unless you order online.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I have one of each MF set. I haven't put together the mansion or castle yet (ran out of time before Halloween 2012). But of the rest, the best set for me was the train. I also liked the tiny swamp man set, and the Frankenstein set was good too. (Too lazy to look up proper names!) If you manage to find the ghost polybag, I think those are quite popular; I had trouble even finding them, period.

The sub-par sets for me were the mummy, the hearse, and the werewolf. The zombies set was underwhelming too, other than the figs.

From an investment standpoint, definitely stock up on ghost polybags and zombies, if you can even find them at this point. (You won't find zombies almost guaranteed.) Mansion will be a classic, but might be out for a while. I'd give second thought to the train set, because it really was a fun build with a lot of cool figs and elements. But maybe that's just me.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Well its now August, and I don't see any indication of the Monster Fighers sets retiring (except for the Target exclusive Zombies set). Perhaps they will all be retired at the end of the year along with the Haunted House?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Marcus70 wrote:Well its now August, and I don't see any indication of the Monster Fighers sets retiring (except for the Target exclusive Zombies set). Perhaps they will all be retired at the end of the year along with the Haunted House?
Perhaps no 'official' indication of their retirement, but they've started to be clearanced out (at Walmart, for example) in order to make room for new waves of sets. And once their stock is gone, that's one less retailer to find them at. Sales for Monster Fighters sets might spike as we approach Halloween, but I'd hazard a guess that they might be gone by the holidays.