New Brick Display Case for Lego minifigure

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
stephenuuu
I'm New !

New Brick Display Case for Lego minifigure

Post by stephenuuu » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Do you have a problem to display Lego minifgures ? Now, there are new display case especially for Lego minifigures. Look at this !

I think this is the first display case come with name plates. I am a minifigures collector. I collect all lego minifigure from part 1 to 9 and also Team GB. It is already over 150 minifigures. If you ask me the name of minifigures, I nearly forgot all. So, I really need a display case with name plates.

The display case is big enough to store Lego Hulk minifigure.

If you want to store more minifigures in the case, you can remove the name plates, and then plug in standard 6x4, 6x6, 6x1 lego plates. Then, you can put over 30+ minifigure to it.

After, I put all minifigure in, then what is the best way to display it?
The display case is stackable and able to wall mount. So you can build your minifigure wall to show your minifigures.

If you just want to show it on desktop. You can build with other standard bricks, and create your own ways to display it.

You can find this display case in http://www.brickdisplaycase.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: New Brick Display Case for Lego minifigure

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Interesting concept and idea. I love it! But a bit pricey for me to purchase.

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Wow, $56 and change per series.... Nice design but just a tad pricey for me....

stephenuuu
I'm New !

Post by stephenuuu » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 pm

I think the price is around $28 per box. Actually, you can store 2 series in one box.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 pm

stephenuuu - you wouldn't happen to be an employee of the company that sells this product, would you? It's against the forum rules to start a user account simply to profit.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I prefer using Ikea Ribba to keep my CMF.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80243542/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:28 am

Definitely like the case, but too pricey for me. I have used the $10 case shown below which is almost exactly 15x30 studs in dimensions. I needed something with very easy access as I use the minifigures a lot, but want them displayed and kept dust free. The IKEA shadow box is much better for display, but I felt was not as easily accessible for my needs.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?prod ... ion+figure

The brick display case has a lot more going for it with the studs, stackability for wall mounting, and designed specifically for minifigures. Priced too high for my tastes though.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 am

Perhaps a new forum topic for sorting and storage is needed? This isn't really a LEGO product that is available, but I think is still valuable info.

chasmyn
I'm New !

Post by chasmyn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:17 pm

dilbert12 wrote:Definitely like the case, but too pricey for me. I have used the $10 case shown below which is almost exactly 15x30 studs in dimensions. I needed something with very easy access as I use the minifigures a lot, but want them displayed and kept dust free. The IKEA shadow box is much better for display, but I felt was not as easily accessible for my needs.

The brick display case has a lot more going for it with the studs, stackability for wall mounting, and designed specifically for minifigures. Priced too high for my tastes though.

How many minifigures can this one hold? The other one says 30, right? I have been looking for storage for minifigures - I like that the other one is mountable, and I also value easy access like you said.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm

dilbert12 wrote:Perhaps a new forum topic for sorting and storage is needed? This isn't really a LEGO product that is available, but I think is still valuable info.
Yes, but compare to the offical ones, I rather spent much less for these.
Offical ones for $15+,

verus these for around $10-20 which holds more.
chasmyn wrote:
dilbert12 wrote:Definitely like the case, but too pricey for me. I have used the $10 case shown below which is almost exactly 15x30 studs in dimensions. I needed something with very easy access as I use the minifigures a lot, but want them displayed and kept dust free. The IKEA shadow box is much better for display, but I felt was not as easily accessible for my needs.

How many minifigures can this one hold? The other one says 30, right? I have been looking for storage for minifigures - I like that the other one is mountable, and I also value easy access like you said.
The other one holds around 33. Personally, I use these cases, they stack and can hold around 36 minifigures, the only bad thing about them is that I need to use velcro or double side tape to keep them in place.

chasmyn
I'm New !

Post by chasmyn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Couldn't you superglue a lego base onto the stands though instead?

I am loving these ideas for storage and display as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47503276@N03/6805024156/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/261438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I find it kind of odd now that the company for the 8 and 16 compartment displays that look like Lego has come up short. Series 1 through 9 has been 16 figures. Series 10 has Mr. Gold and the Toy Soldier through the book deal (which means 18 figs this time around). What will people do with the limitations imposed? The brick built minifig displays might be nice to place atop one- I just don't know.

Perhaps there will be a special case for this series "special case."

Jared, who would love to have room to display minifigs

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:54 am

chasmyn wrote:Couldn't you superglue a lego base onto the stands though instead?

I am loving these ideas for storage and display as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47503276@N03/6805024156/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/261438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Second one I like. One main reason I put them in a display case is to try and keep out the dust from displaying them in the open.
legogod wrote:I find it kind of odd now that the company for the 8 and 16 compartment displays that look like Lego has come up short. Series 1 through 9 has been 16 figures. Series 10 has Mr. Gold and the Toy Soldier through the book deal (which means 18 figs this time around). What will people do with the limitations imposed? The brick built minifig displays might be nice to place atop one- I just don't know.

Perhaps there will be a special case for this series "special case."

Jared, who would love to have room to display minifigs
Technically, Mr.Gold and Toy Soldier does not count as part of series 10. And I am 110% sure Lego will have mini-figure series related promo in the future. So they can go in groups of 8-16 for display purposes.