Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal-Mart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 am

Marcus70 wrote:Went to my local TRU and the employee mentioned their manager had already gone through both boxes for Mr. Gold, and didn't find any. Picked up a pair of Tomahawks, Roman Captains, the sad clown and Amazon. I didn't find the Medusa and even had 2-3 employees help me look. I guess on to the next store. :)

That is beyond fouled up. That'd be an automatic call to the district manager for me.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 am

The ones I've had trouble finding (besides Mr Gold) are the Trendsetter (girl with dog), sea captain, Medusa and revolutionary soldier. I think that these ones have been shorted in each box to a max of 2.
Last edited by hatcher on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 am

byobu wrote:
videriant wrote:Not that fond of this set to begin with and the distribution is horrible. This is the box I ended up with.

6x Roman Soldiers .... 2x Librarian
Yes, this is the new distribution pattern starting with Series 9. EVIL I know.
People used to be able to get 3 complete set per box now it's only 2 set because of the new pattern.

There is one reviewer who's been doing CMF since Series 1, he always does distribution pattern count in his review and also includes very good photos.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=80676
Not quite EVIL... ;-)
The new distribution is based on half boxes (started with series 9). With half boxes available (30 count) and to keep the distribution equivalent (both 30 and 60 count boxes), TLG had to use even number distributions for the 60 count boxes.

They could've gone with a more even distribution (i.e. 14 minifigures x 2 and 2 minifigures x 1 for the 30 count box), but I kind of like how they're including higher counts for the "army" builder figs (i.e. baseball team, roman army, parachuter team?, biker club :lol: ).

Anyhow, I appreciate the half box option and can understand why the 60 count boxes only have distribution counts of 2/4/6. Whatever direction they choose, they will have people on both sides of the fences with subjective opinions. Overall, I prefer their new distribution, because we get a half box option and higher distribution of army builder characters (win-win for me!).

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't agree. I bought 120 case pack at Target and we only ended up with 3 complete sets. We have 10 each extra of the baseballer and skydiver. Not the same count as anyone else. This was a freshly opened case from the back stockroom. And of course no Mr. Gold. Now to unload all the extras.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:39 pm

I bought them at TRU, a pain to find the grandpa, the librarian, and the snake head. There were insane amounts of the indian, the greek/roman dude and the parachuter.

I was going to buy extra of the bee woman, but why would I ever use more than one in a MOC? :lol:

I think we should all complain to LEGO, it's more annoying than the lame Mr Gold.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Medusa is the easiest to find. She's the only big bulgy one.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 pm

starfire2 wrote:I don't agree. I bought 120 case pack at Target and we only ended up with 3 complete sets. We have 10 each extra of the baseballer and skydiver. Not the same count as anyone else. This was a freshly opened case from the back stockroom. And of course no Mr. Gold. Now to unload all the extras.
I would probably question the "freshly opened case from the back stockroom". Every case I've ever opened and almost every internet report I've read have matched the distribution reported by the guy from eurobricks (starting from Series 1). If you don't get a sealed case from a reliable source... the distribution may have been tampered with. Also, the reason I say reliable is that sealed boxes can have packets swapped out quite easily. In any case, I think most people will get the identical distribution reported by eurobricks... whether you it appeals to you or not is subjective. :)

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

brickity wrote:
starfire2 wrote:I don't agree. I bought 120 case pack at Target and we only ended up with 3 complete sets. We have 10 each extra of the baseballer and skydiver. Not the same count as anyone else. This was a freshly opened case from the back stockroom. And of course no Mr. Gold. Now to unload all the extras.
I would probably question the "freshly opened case from the back stockroom". Every case I've ever opened and almost every internet report I've read have matched the distribution reported by the guy from eurobricks (starting from Series 1). If you don't get a sealed case from a reliable source... the distribution may have been tampered with. Also, the reason I say reliable is that sealed boxes can have packets swapped out quite easily. In any case, I think most people will get the identical distribution reported by eurobricks... whether you it appeals to you or not is subjective. :)
I saw him cut the tape and take the outer box off. :)

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 pm

videriant wrote:Not that fond of this set to begin with and the distribution is horrible. This is the box I ended up with.

6x Roman Soldiers
6x Parachuter
6x Outfielder
6x Biker Mechanic (WTF)

4x Amazon
4x Paintballer
4x Revolutionary Soldier
4x Painter
4x Comanche
4x Sad Clown (Too many)

2x Medusa
2x Bumblebee
2x Old Man
2x Captain
2x Heiress
2x Librarian
They must have done some sort of research on which figure is the most likely be a must for army builders. Or they are trying to go in the direction of level of rarities like Magic cards, common, uncommon, rare, but I hope they are not going to do an epic rare which come 1 in each box.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:46 pm

They must have done some sort of research on which figure is the most likely be a must for army builders. Or they are trying to go in the direction of level of rarities like Magic cards, common, uncommon, rare, but I hope they are not going to do an epic rare which come 1 in each box.
I would question their research that decided on 6x parachuters. I don't like it but I'll let the 6x biker slide but what good is 6 bikers with wrenches and no bikes. The old man should have gotten 4x and the clowns bumped down to 2x. The only reason the Amazons are 4x instead of 6x is Lego's bias against females but I can let that slide since their claim that it's for boys is believable.

Here's the equivalent 30 box distribution.

3x Roman Soldiers
3x Parachuter
3x Outfielder
3x Biker Mechanic (WTF)

2x Amazon
2x Paintballer
2x Revolutionary Soldier
2x Painter
2x Comanche
2x Sad Clown (Too many)

1x Medusa
1x Bumblebee
1x Old Man
1x Captain
1x Heiress
1x Librarian

The only other grey area I would argue is bump up the Revolutionary & Paintballer and down the painter.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm

brickity wrote:
byobu wrote:

People used to be able to get 3 complete set per box now it's only 2 set because of the new pattern.

There is one reviewer who's been doing CMF since Series 1, he always does distribution pattern count in his review and also includes very good photos.

Not quite EVIL... ;-)
The new distribution is based on half boxes (started with series 9). With half boxes available (30 count) and to keep the distribution equivalent (both 30 and 60 count boxes), TLG had to use even number distributions for the 60 count boxes.

They could've gone with a more even distribution (i.e. 14 minifigures x 2 and 2 minifigures x 1 for the 30 count box), but I kind of like how they're including higher counts for the "army" builder figs (i.e. baseball team, roman army, parachuter team?, biker club :lol: ).

Anyhow, I appreciate the half box option and can understand why the 60 count boxes only have distribution counts of 2/4/6. Whatever direction they choose, they will have people on both sides of the fences with subjective opinions. Overall, I prefer their new distribution, because we get a half box option and higher distribution of army builder characters (win-win for me!).
How about a 1/3 box? Even with the 1/2 box, they could have bumped a few of the 2's to 4's and some 6's to 4's. Seriously why so many parachute and biker mechanic guys? That could have easily been a 2 count.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm

dilbert12 wrote:
brickity wrote:
byobu wrote:

Not quite EVIL... ;-)

How about a 1/3 box? Even with the 1/2 box, they could have bumped a few of the 2's to 4's and some 6's to 4's. Seriously why so many parachute and biker mechanic guys? That could have easily been a 2 count.
They don't make 1/3 boxes. Anyhow, like I said, with any distribution, some people are going to like it and others will not. I personally like having the choice of a half box with 3 Roman Soldiers... but again, that's just personal preference. I'm more than happy to sacrifice a Librarian for an extra Soldier, but not everyone is going to feel that way.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Despite what some people think. This was my distribution from a SEALED 120 case from Target.
3 Medusa
3 Bumblebee girl
4 Sea Captains
5 Trendsetters
12 Tomahawk Warriors
5 paintball players
12 Mechanics
7 sad clowns
8 Revolutionary Soldiers
11 skydivers
11 Roman Commanders
5 librarians
7 Grandpa's
5 Warrior Women
14 Baseball Players
8 Decorators
0 Mr Gold

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I bought a complete collection (now that I opened them all).

LEGO really needs to just make 15 per set, then just do four of each, it's just annoying.

And Target and KMart both get a 120 box, and for me match exactly the boxes Eurobricks says. So pretty much Target gets screwed over, weird box.

And the mini figure legs feel REALLY cheap, like they did several series ago. I'm disappointed. But the seagull and little doggie are awesome.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

If anybody has a box of 30 (the box itself), would you posting the image of the box?

I've never seen a box of 30 before.

toni8284
I'm New !

Post by toni8284 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:15 pm

after get 240 from 2 targets, I still cant find Mr. Gold....

these are the dist:

Weird that 2nd box had 121 bags in them, I thought I got lucky and found Mr. Gold... But... not...

Box 1 Box 2
1 Librarian 6 4
2 Medusa 4 2
3 Roman Commander 12 9
4 Warrior Woman 7 11
5 Tomahawk Warrior 6 3
6 Skydiver 8 16
7 Bumblebee Girl 6 7
8 Grandpa 4 2
9 Paintball Player 11 5
10 Sea Captain 7 6
11 Sad Clown 5 4
12 Revolution Soldier 7 6
13 Baseball Fielder 8 17
14 Trendsetter 3 5
15 Decorator 11 10
16 Motorcycle Mechanic 15 14

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Wow, this distribution is all over the place! I got the case of 120 from Target and unless I messed up I ended up with only 2 Bumblebee Girls. Can't post the rest of the numbers now, but Librarian, Sea Captain, and Grandpa were also scarce. Really could have used just one more BB Girl...

toni8284
I'm New !

Post by toni8284 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am

Anyone that had Mr. Gold, does it come with the black plate or not?

Based on the pics on eBay, I dont see them.

Please someone confirm?

toni8284
I'm New !

Post by toni8284 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

brickarmor wrote:Wow, this distribution is all over the place! I got the case of 120 from Target and unless I messed up I ended up with only 2 Bumblebee Girls. Can't post the rest of the numbers now, but Librarian, Sea Captain, and Grandpa were also scarce. Really could have used just one more BB Girl...
the case of 120 in Target are so random, I dont see the pattern there.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 am

The Target 120 case packs are atrocious. After buying two boxes, I was only able to make 5 sets. The most I had weren't army builders. The leaders of the bunch were mechanics, baseball players, skydivers, followed by Romans, Rev Soldiers, and Natives. The least of the bunch were the Sea Capts, Bee Girl, and Trendsetter.

These aren't being swapped out by anyone in the back b/c each store has only received one box so far.