Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal-Mart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:17 pm

After several trips to TRU, here is my mini-haul, so far:

5 Roman Captain
4 Tomahawk
4 Amazon warrior
2 Medusa
2 Colonial soldier
1 Sad Clown
0 Mr. Gold

Also found the 10 ten remaining minifigs in the series, but have zero interest in those (especially the sky driver).

I think the hardest one to find in-stock, for open boxes, is "Medusa", because she is so easy to locate, most of the open boxes I've encounted, people take her out first thing. Today, I finally got to a open box just put out by an employee (timing is everything with all of those AFOL and TFOL out there) :)
Last edited by Marcus70 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

byobu wrote:If anybody has a box of 30 (the box itself), would you posting the image of the box?

I've never seen a box of 30 before.
Here's a couple images of series 9. The first picture is of the 60 count box and the second picture is of the 30 count box. On bricklink, the 30 count boxes go for as cheap as $60-$65 + shipping. In the end, it would be cheaper than paying retail and you can get exactly half the distribution amount with no hassles of feeling bags and racing around town. It's a good option (especially for Canadians, since our retail price is $3.50) if you don't want 60 minifigures.

I imagine series 10 will be similar, once people start getting their hands on the boxes. Although I highly doubt that anyone will end up with a Mr. Gold figure from bricklink. I would imagine that sellers will be weighing the boxes to determine if Mr. Gold is in the box, so even if you get a seaeld box, I wouldn't be too hopeful for a Mr. Gold figure.

Anyhow, as requested, here are some pics.

http://www.bricklink.com/SL/6029133-1.jpg?1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bricklink.com/SL/6029267-1.jpg?2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks for the pics!

OK I see, in the box of 30, the packets are arranged in 2 columns (of 15, I assume).

The box of 60 would be wider because the packets are arranged in a 3 columns (of 20).

egress123
I'm New !

Post by egress123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm

HOw do you guy get Target to sell them to you? I was about to buy them but it had a HUGE sticker saying "DO NOT SELL TILL MAY 1ST". I could not buy them

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Not sure... Two days ago my Target had a S9 endcap; it was gone (literally overnight?) and replaced with S10 today. I bought one and had no problem doing so.

Low8284
I'm New !

Post by Low8284 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Located in Riverside County Southern CA here. Checked two Targets and two Walmarts with no luck. Fortunately the only Toys R US within 45 min of me had some in stock. I was able to get almost the entire series except for The Medusa, Warrior Woman, and Trendsetter. Now it's just annoying not being able to find more. Oh and of course no Mr. Gold! :) Hopefully in a few weeks my local Targets will start carrying them!

Just came back from a 3rd Target in my area, no series 10 but they had a ton of series 9, so much that I was able to find the complete set.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:59 am

Daytona Beach TRU had series 10 out yesterday, no Mr Gold, but me and another person each pretty much had complete sets.
If that guy is on here, they have tons of series 9 at the Target down the street.

laojing
I'm New !

Post by laojing » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 am

Series 10 is available in Dedham, MA TRU, I didn't have time to feel through them so i nabbed 20 packs. The current BOGO 40% off sale makes it a sweet deal.

toni8284
I'm New !

Post by toni8284 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm

egress123 wrote:HOw do you guy get Target to sell them to you? I was about to buy them but it had a HUGE sticker saying "DO NOT SELL TILL MAY 1ST". I could not buy them
Yes that is true.

But that depends on the staff.

the first box I bought and the staff CLEARLY can see that sticker, but they didnt care, so I give pay for it and run of the store before she changed her mind.

2nd Target I went to said no sell until May 1st.

3rd Target I went to said they cant find it.

4th Target I went to, the staff go to the storage room and open it bottom up, which the sticker is only on 1 side, so she didn't see that and I bought all and run out of the store.

So, I got 50% hit rate. but still no Mr. Gold....

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:46 pm

toni8284 wrote:
egress123 wrote:HOw do you guy get Target to sell them to you? I was about to buy them but it had a HUGE sticker saying "DO NOT SELL TILL MAY 1ST". I could not buy them
Yes that is true.

the first box I bought and the staff CLEARLY can see that sticker, but they didnt care, so I give pay for it and run of the store before she changed her mind.

4th Target I went to, the staff go to the storage room and open it bottom up, which the sticker is only on 1 side, so she didn't see that and I bought all and run out of the store.

Not counting people that are super lucky, personally I think someone need to go through at least 10 full size boxes just to have a small chance in finding one.

egress123
I'm New !

Post by egress123 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm

toni8284 wrote:
Yes that is true.

thanks. Ok, let me try my luck that way.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm

laojing wrote:Series 10 is available in Dedham, MA TRU, I didn't have time to feel through them so i nabbed 20 packs. The current BOGO 40% off sale makes it a sweet deal.
Thanks for posting this! I went to Dedham today and felt my way through all that was left. I ended up buying 24 packs and I think I have a full set and a few extras of some favorites. I went through at least 30 more that I left behind and no Mr. gold. These were on the end cap in the plastic dispenser, they were not in a box.

The the B1G1 40% off and a $10 off $50 coupon I got in the mail, it was about $2.37 each.

I still have to verify I got all 16 as I didn't have a checklist and had to write them down as I figured them out.

I guess the sweet spot if you have a $10 off $50 coupon is 18 packs, it would be $50.22 less $10 so $2.23 each.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 pm

My TRU had Series 10 in today and their computer confirmed it is okay for them to sell, I guess per their special agreement with TLG. Anybody who's local hasn't put these out yet, you might want to check your store but it might be too late. I was there when they hit the shelves and they didn't last 20 minutes.

I got me a couple and was pleasantly surprised to find this newest version of the baseball player's mitt is actually a completely new larger hand mold shaped like a baseball mitt, NOT a separate mitt that attaches to a standard hand. VERY cool imo and I def want more of him!

tike316
I'm New !

Post by tike316 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am

Did the manager go through it for his own profit? i.e. if he found it then he'd pluck it for himself?
Is there a company rule against manager doing that????

I've heard in a TRU near where I work the manager let an ebay scalper went through the highly-sought after merchandise whenever the delivery truck comes. :mad:[/quote]

I work at a TRU in Southern California and we have the same couple of resellers at the door every morning when we have a truck. Our manager puts aside cases they want to look through before we put them out. In return he gets a good survey every time they make a purchase. Good surveys are very important to the company and can affect our managers' reviews. He also collects toys himself and will put stuff aside for weeks before it'll eventually end up on the shelves after he decides not to buy it.

We got series 10 the same day we got the new Superman sets. I decided to put them all out regardless of hold dates. Target and Walmart are always selling before we do so I didn't care. I bought a box of series 10. I considered going through all the rest looking for Mr. Gold but didn't. Not because of the ethical question but because I was too lazy.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 pm

I watched the employees at my local bring out the case, which was still sealed in the cardboard box with the black/purple Lego logo. It was opened right in front of me and about 5 others and we cleared it out in no time. Nobody had any time to go through one single pack, so I have no idea if any of the others got Mr. Gold.

Considering what the employees at the Stevenson Ranch TRU are doing, with each bag being labeled on the shelf, I consider myself very lucky. Even if I only got 10 figures, I'm happy I at least had a genuine chance at Mr. Gold. I think one can safely assume if you find an open box that isn't full you have no chance of Mr. Gold

I will say something negative about my TRU. We have a notorious reseller here and I confirmed he appears to have at least one employee either in his pocket or on his side. As soon as the Series 10 box came out, said employee went running to said reseller to tell him it was out. By the time he got to the shelf the box was already all gone, and he had the nerve to fume that he didn't get any. We all laughed at him because we all know if he had his way, the box wouldn't have been shared with anyone. :wave:

benzo
I'm New !

Post by benzo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:54 pm

I found Mr. Gold yesterday at Walmart in Regina Sask. Canada. Went through 6 full boxes to find him :-D

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm

benzo congrats! It's great you posted a pic, seeing that it is in a separate bag can possibly help in the search. Now if I can just find another store with stock ;-)

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Wow, awesome man! Congrats again and thanks again for the huge pics letting us know that it is indeed in a second bag and does come with a baseplate.

Oh wait.....did it come with that black baseplate in the first picture or did you just put that in to block the code?

benzo
I'm New !

Post by benzo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 pm

yes, it does come with the black base plate.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Found Series 10 at TRU tonight. Didn't have much time, so just grabbed eight random packages. Ended up with the baseball player, paintballer, Roman, Native American, and four warrior women. I guess I won't need any more of those!