Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal-Mart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Series 10 Now Starting to Appear at Target, ToysRUs, Wal

Post by Marcus70 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Went to the Lego store today and they had about 400+ minifigs (on the shelves and almost in a huge bin). I asked if anyone went through any of these before hand and they said a guy came the day before and spent most of the day feeling up all of the bags, I'm glad I asked so I wouldn't waste my time there looking for Mr. Gold.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Marcus70 wrote:Went to the Lego store today and they had about 400+ minifigs (on the shelves and almost in a huge bin). I asked if anyone went through any of these before hand and they said a guy came the day before and spent most of the day feeling up all of the bags, I'm glad I asked so I wouldn't waste my time there looking for Mr. Gold.
Pretty sure anyone going through 400+ bags their fingers will sure to be numb.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Or pretty insane.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:52 pm

dulait wrote:
Marcus70 wrote:Went to the Lego store today and they had about 400+ minifigs (on the shelves and almost in a huge bin). I asked if anyone went through any of these before hand and they said a guy came the day before and spent most of the day feeling up all of the bags, I'm glad I asked so I wouldn't waste my time there looking for Mr. Gold.
Pretty sure anyone going through 400+ bags their fingers will sure to be numb.
I agree, I get tired going through 2-3 cases. The guy also did mark about 50 or more into separate cups for people didn't want to search for a particular minifig. Apparently the guy already found 1 Mr. Gold, according to the Lego employee.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm

You almost want to buy one on eBay and give to this guy just to make him happy. But more than one? Wow.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 am

brickarmor wrote:I just left a Target where the toys and electronics supervisor (a total petty tyrant power-tripping ^#*!! I've had the misfortune of speaking with before) took 20 minutes to find the case in the back (which should already have been out) and then tell me I could buy 10. Since the incinerating plasma beams I shoot from my eyes must be malfunctioning, I'll be venting to Target HQ here shortly. Worse on worse, the post office closed while I was waiting. I'm pretty livid.
I had a similar situation at one of my targets. A friend had just bought up the rest of the first box they had as I was walking into the store (I saw them at the register with tons of CMF 10). I went back to have them pull the 2nd box they had (I had called prior to try to get them, but was denied until May 1). The 'manager' comes and tells me they aren't putting out the 2nd box until the next morning. So I question him and call him out "So you have a paying customer wanting a product you have in stock, but refuse to pull it from Inventory?" He eventually backed down and said I could purchase a maximum of 12. I continued to question why this store can set their own rules (no other Target in town gave me ANY problems or limits). He started imposing his morality on me which I didn't appreciate.. Telling me he unfair it is to other people wanting to purchase them, and how the limit will allow multiple people to get them... I don't appreciate people lecturing me about my choice of buying and making broad assumptions.

I asked for his District Manager's name and contact info, refused to give it to me, and only gave me the name of his Store Manager and Store phone #. It took him 10 minutes to write this info on a piece of paper, apparently he was searching for a flyer ad to 'show me' how it states they have the right to put limits on certain products... I didn't read the fine print, and assume it only really applies to "door busters" and other limited quantity products, but will be double checking this 'policy'. So they might technically be able to do this... but why should Target care if they are getting $3 from me or from little billy bob? Oh, then as I was walking out, the jerk followed me out saying "Wait... let me explain this..." continuing to harass me to the point I told him to leave me alone and that I would make sure I told his manager how he continued to follow me and berate me.

Either way the fact that no more than 20 minutes prior, the store could pull up sales records to verify a customer bought way more than 12... so are they picking and choosing when and which customers to enforce this nonsense on? Ridiculous. Already filed a complain via target phone and target.com. Gonna go talk to the Store Manager about the inappropriate way in which his department manager spoke with me.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

Good luck with that. I work at a Target store ( not that one) and most store managers don't give a hoot. They will let you gripe and vent but in the end they will ALWAYS side with their team members.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 am

starfire2 wrote:Good luck with that. I work at a Target store ( not that one) and most store managers don't give a hoot. They will let you gripe and vent but in the end they will ALWAYS side with their team members.
Agree, prettys sure they knew about Mr.Gold by now, they either want to give everyone a fair chance at it, or want to keep the box so they can have a crack at it later.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Found these at Target and managed to get 10 of the 16 so far with only one double. (revolutionary soldier)
Medusa was easy to feel once I found the bag. I might try for a couple more, but am not interested in all of them... yes, I'm looking at you trendsetter. No Mr. Gold, but I did notice a Target stockboy with a new pair of shoes. I sure wish they could come up with a way to do these so no one could feel them up to find Mr. Gold.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm

See what this creates. Adults need to step back and think about what theyre doing, who is the kid here? It's just plastic, why waste your time withe manager, I did the same thing over their futon bed when they marked it down a week later and would not give me my difference back. I was miserable and it ruined my night I had with my kids. I realized it just wasn't worth it.....don't get caught up in it, if you get lucky, great, if not move on. And the more attention you bring, you'll never achieve what you want because they learn from you. I bet you won't find any in the store now as the employees catch on quick. Kinda of why I can never get great deals on Legos any more at toysrus. Too many people got carried away and brought too much attention and they fixed us all. Now no good sales. Good luck.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Luciant wrote:I just left a Target...
They usually have signs that says they won't go back to pull out cases on collectible items to insure everyone gets a fair shot. They are in the right.

And it's absolutely ridiculous some people are buying all of these up, take their time with them, and return them.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 pm

janckson wrote:
Luciant wrote:I just left a Target...
They usually have signs that says they won't go back to pull out cases on collectible items to insure everyone gets a fair shot. They are in the right.
That's great if they have signs posted. If they arbitrarily make up rules and don't equally enforce them, that is discrimination pure and simple.
janckson wrote:And it's absolutely ridiculous some people are buying all of these up, take their time with them, and return them.
I don't blame them... People are acting in whatever they deem their best interest based on the rules Lego set up. Human nature. Lego should have put special inserts in 5000 random packages and this would be a non-issue. Instead, there is incentive to be the first person to feel through as many bags as possible to increase your chance of getting Mr. Gold.

If every store would act the same, I would agree with you. But since they don't, having special rules in different places only creates animosity and anger, and TRUE 'unfairness'.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:55 pm

I found a new looking display at Target, but it was on an endcap near the greeting cards, no where near the toys. I stumbled upon it while looking for a card after looking in toys and not finding it. I grabbed 15 packs and ended up with 50% of skydivers! I was missing this from our 16, but I don't need 7....will be making a return.

If I had more time, I would have searched for Mr. Gold. Didn't get him and am thinking it's not worth the search.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 pm

atmail35 wrote:Didn't get him and am thinking it's not worth the search.
He's a lot more rare then I expected. I think I'm done searching as well.

mcat13
I'm New !

Post by mcat13 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 am

I agree with the previous post, Lego could have made 5,000 of the info inserts say, winner, or the like. It would have eliminated some of the problems and perhaps even increased sales, as it would be impossible to find Mr Gold without purchasing a minifig.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 am

Has anyone in the United States found this at Walmart?

JeagerEX
Citizen
Citizen

Post by JeagerEX » Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 pm

just2good wrote:Has anyone in the United States found this at Walmart?
I did not know yet, but I think is only available at Walmart in Canada.
byobu wrote:CMF 10 AVAILABLE and smooshing is not necessary (at my TRU anyway).

TRU in Stevenson Ranch, CA has LABELLED each packet with post-it notes!

The packet is sealed but the content is identified (see pic attachment).

This is probably to prevent the total mashing and gnashing of the packets in the crazed search for Mr. Gold.

Although it lowered the sense of excitement (I a proud smoosher/massager of blind packets with 90% accuracy), I had no qualm, got 12 out of 16 minifigures already and it's 2 weeks ahead of the release date!!! :clap:

PS: If you are coming to buy at this TRU, there is only one box, placed at the Customer Service counter.
Same at my local TRU, when I'm trying to leave at store I saw a box of S10 at the CS Counter then I picked up 9 bags which are Roman Commander, Paintballer, Motorcycle Mechanic, Baseball Fielder, Warrior Woman, Trendsetter, Tomahawk Warrior, Librarian and the Sad Clown.

Soon I'll be getting the Decorator, Grandpa, Revolutionary Soldier and Decorator then Bee Girl, Skydiver and Medusa. After I complete the 16 minifigs I am focusing on finding Mr. Gold.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 pm

I've searched over 1000 CMF 10 and no Mr. Gold. Wal-mart has not received any yet. I will check those maybe... but I think I'm done running around wasting gas and time. At this point it will be cheaper to wait til the price drops to $100-150 and just buy it that way if I want it that bad. I'll spend that much in gas if I keep this up.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Luciant wrote:I've searched over 1000 CMF 10 and no Mr. Gold. Wal-mart has not received any yet. I will check those maybe... but I think I'm done running around wasting gas and time. At this point it will be cheaper to wait til the price drops to $100-150 and just buy it that way if I want it that bad. I'll spend that much in gas if I keep this up.
So you have gone through 16-17 boxes so far? I remembered the odds someone mentioned were like 1 in 20 boxes, so you are only 3-4 box short of a slim chance. To those that find one, they have either gone through more or less boxes as you, or they were extremely lucky. This reminds me of roll up the rim from TIm Hortons, being a coffee drinker, I have to say, chance of winning the big one was, is, will be very very slim even when you average 1-2 cups a day.
Last edited by dulait on Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

I think the ratio is more like 1 in 140 cases... Nobody knows for sure, obviously, that's just the figure I've seen bandied about.