LEGO Blue Bird - May 2013 Mini Model Build

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Blue Bird - May 2013 Mini Model Build

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 am

This month's mini model build is a LEGO Blue Bird! This event is Tuesday, May 7th, beginning at 5pm at your local LEGO Brand Store. Event is open to children aged 6-14 and only while supplies last. This is a FREE event and no purchase is necessary. *Date and schedule is for USA and Canada LEGO Brand Stores

LEGO Blue Bird

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-blue-bird-m ... del-build/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Blue Bird - May 2013 Mini Model Build

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:50 pm

This is one of the only times I want the model, it's so cute.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:This is one of the only times I want the model, it's so cute.
I agree. Great looking mini-build. They've done well with the birds. The Owl and Duck from last year were both good models as well, I thought.

guavamnia
I'm New !

Post by guavamnia » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Is there a parts listing so I can bricklink this one? It's pretty easy to see what ones are used, but I'm not familiar enough with the color names.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:52 am

guavamnia wrote:Is there a parts listing so I can bricklink this one? It's pretty easy to see what ones are used, but I'm not familiar enough with the color names.
vynsane usually posts the instructions, which has a parts list. You can also look on brickset, it is set 40065.

I really like this model as well.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am

I do, indeed, post an archive link to each month's model from my DropBox (linked in my signature below), but they're also each made available for a month on the MiniBuilds page of the LEGO site. That said, they've not updated it yet and have removed the April build.

If you're a VIP member, you should receive a VIP member newsletter, which includes the link to the MiniBuilds page each month around the time it's updated (sometime after the first Tuesday of each month, when the build is available in-store). I'll pop back in here with a note when I've uploaded the May build.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:14 am

The bird is really cute. I have not cracked the method to the madness that is mini model build night. We arrived at 4:30 and the line was huge, but it moved fast. The model was small number of pieces wise/easy to build and I think that helped. By 5:30 (when we have arrived in the past), there was practically no line.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 am

atmail35 wrote:The bird is really cute. I have not cracked the method to the madness that is mini model build night. We arrived at 4:30 and the line was huge, but it moved fast. The model was small number of pieces wise/easy to build and I think that helped. By 5:30 (when we have arrived in the past), there was practically no line.
So true... we try but never seem to be able to predict the line size. We arrived later than usual (about 6:45) and there was no line, we just walked into the store and up to the table. For the Yoda build last week, there was a line of maybe 10 kids... but there have been massive waits for other builds (worst 2 were the log cabin and the hockey player)...
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm

ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive