Friends Advent Calanders 2012

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Friends Advent Calanders 2012

Post by zztoy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 am

Can anyone explain what the distribution was last Christmas with these? I recall seeing them in some specialty stores in November and then bamm, nothing seen the rest of the season. I had went on Shop At Home back then and it has said these were not available in this country. I had recently found a few at a specialty toy store, but never understood why they were so scarce this past holiday...

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Friends Advent Calanders 2012

Post by Zeya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 am

Which country are you in?

I read online, and was also told by a Lego store employee, that there was only a limited amount of the Friends Advent Calendar being made. There seemed to be a decent supply through November and I think into December over here, but I did notice they disappeared by mid/late December, iirc. I believe they only sold it at the Lego brand stores, as well. I imagine in other countries, they may have been harder to come by.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I think they were available online in Europe, but only in LEGO Brand Stores in The States. For some reason it wasn't picked up by retailers after last year's Toy Fair, as Friends was still a relatively unknown commodity at the time. I'm sure they're kicking themselves now for not ordering it or taking it as an exclusive or whatnot.

The production run that was readied for any initial orders was dispersed to LEGO Stores in America. Not sure about Canada.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

They hit a few LEGO stores up here in Canada. They went fast, even at the high price they were asking on them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Anyone care to speculate on what they might go for in the secondary market during this year's holiday season? I'm guessing there will be a good demand for them, but I wonder how many people stocked up on them last year and are waiting for this Christmas to roll around.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 am

I'm in the US