Seasonal sets?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
jjet5552007
I'm New !

Seasonal sets?

Post by jjet5552007 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Are seasonal sets worth investing in? My wife and I are just now thinking about investing in Lego, and we noticed that polybags seem to always be worth a good bit. We also noticed our Target had some Halloween pollybags so we bought one for our self and another to invest in. Figured we might buy more after they go on sale after Halloween, but we just weren't sure. Any thoughts? Any tips?

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Seasonal sets?

Post by zztoy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 am

I was looking at the witch last night at target thinking the same. The Lego set in the poly bag.

jjet5552007
I'm New !

Post by jjet5552007 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Yea thats the one. Hopefully someone knows if they are worth nething... On a side note, we found a few hobbit poly bags and a couple star wars ones. They were only 3 dollars so im pretty sure we can make some kinda of profit there.

fuji143
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fuji143 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 pm

only thing is that shipping usually kills the deals, it costs just as much to ship 1 figure as it does to buy it. Unless you stock up like 4-5, not a lot of people will buy it.

I used to sell the Umbaran poly and made about 10$ everytime i told 5 in an order. Its just putting money into something that will eventually sell.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 am

jjet, personally I wouldn't waste your time with the sets I mentioned and you saw. Procurement costs will kill the deal, later on. You got to think about the entire circle of your investment including what it will cost you by the time it reaches your ultimate customer. You might be surprised.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:38 pm

i agree, unless you can get your hands on exclusive polybags or have an inside track at getting polybags before they are released or before they are sold out or can get rare minifigure polybags, I don't think this is worth it even though your profit % so far may be decent. You may have to consider expanding the investment to potentially include boxed sets. Your buyers are also limited to US now that USPS had increased first class mail internationally to a min of $6.50 usd to ship one bubblemailer (example for canada). Use to cost $2 for shipping the same package to Canada.