Amazon Super Saver threshold now $35

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Amazon Super Saver threshold now $35

Post by atmail35 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I just noticed today that Amazon has increased its Super Saver shipping threshold from $25 to $35. :sad: In the past I've been able to accumulate $25 quite easily if I needed something under $25...$35 is a bit more of a stretch.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Amazon Super Saver threshold now $35

Post by grymg » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Crap you're right about the $35 minimum, darn.

I had the Prime trial and I loved it, no minimum and 2day shipping instead of the 7 day "free" shipping. But it's so expensive.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 am

I think Prime averages out to about $8-9 per month, and the shipping is a bit faster. I have noticed, though, that if you don't have Prime and you choose free shipping, it may tell you that it will arrive in 5-10 days but it usually only takes 3-4! I may drop Prime anyway if Amazon isn't going to be discounting hard to find sets anymore. Cuz what's the rush? :-/

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 am

Honestly, I always had trouble finding exactly $25 and usually went over. I feel like it will be easier to hit $35. Still kinda sucks.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 am

Well since Amazon's prices usually are low because they are pricematched to Walmart, I usually go to walmart.com for my lego purchases now. There is free shipping to store and no minimum. For exclusives I stick with S&H because they are rarely discounted, plus you get the VIP points and free promos.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 am

I have a hard time justifying the $79 for Prime. I don't need things delivered in 2 days. I usually just try and accumulate a few things (like DVDs, books, LEGO etc.) so I have enough. The issue is when something is at a great price, I probably end up buying more to get to the SS threshold.

I also have free shipping at Target and 5% off with the red card and free shipping at Barnes & Noble right now with the membership.

I think if you use the streaming movies or Kindle books you probably can justify the cost more. Some people feel it saves time and gas $ so it is worth it to them. I have not been able to make the leap to Prime. I've had two free trials and really didn't use it much.

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 am

I knew Amazon would up the free shipping price sooner or later. I am just glad it was only by $10. Most places require at least $50 for free shipping, with some places (like Lego) requiring as much as $75, $100, or more. I can usually hit $35 pretty easily.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Guess my days of shopping on Amazon are numbered. With it and tax coming soon I'll just buy from Target with my Red Card, it's mostly price matching from them anyways.

There are ways about getting Prime for only $40 a year with a student email that can be faked. Might be worth looking into.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 am

I live in NY and we get high taxes from amazon. It's one of the reason I never bought any lego from them. With the cost of shipping, the discount wasn't that great. But recently I signed up for Prime. I bought a range hood and the cost of shipping was $40. So it was half way to prime so pulled the trigger. I'm also hesistant about shipping after the fiasco with TRU and their lack of packaging material. What do you guys think about amazon shipping large sets?

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:50 am

slacker wrote:I live in NY and we get high taxes from amazon. It's one of the reason I never bought any lego from them. With the cost of shipping, the discount wasn't that great. But recently I signed up for Prime. I bought a range hood and the cost of shipping was $40. So it was half way to prime so pulled the trigger. I'm also hesistant about shipping after the fiasco with TRU and their lack of packaging material. What do you guys think about amazon shipping large sets?
Most of the time, I have good luck with amazon shipping. On occasion though, the warehouse packer will decide a large set needs only an outer plastic bag as a shipping container. Amazon is very good about accepting the resulting trashed box as a return, and sending out a new one.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 am

If your order comes from Amazon Kanas you are in trouble, but most of the time you get tons of blown up bags to keep things safe.