TJ Maxx...some small Friends Sets, YMMV

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

TJ Maxx...some small Friends Sets, YMMV

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Tonight at TJ Maxx near Atlanta, GA, I saw on a small rack in the toy section a few Friends sets. They had two of the bags...hedgehog, and bunny hutch for $3.99 and a small boxed set about 20% off???not sure which one. Anyway, they were not amazing prices, but good to be aware they are there, as TJ's puts stuff on clearance frequently.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: TJ Maxx...some small Friends Sets, YMMV

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 am

Just before Christmas I was in TJ Maxx as well and picked up Mia's Magic Tricks set for $8 (msrp $10). I needed a last minute gift and my local Target and LBS was pretty much cleared out of Friends. I also noticed a lot of the pet bags, I think it was Series 2 with the hedgehog, bunny and poodle also for $3.99 as mentioned above.

While checking out I did notice a Duplo Princess set as well. I hope to see more LEGO at TJ Maxx/Marshalls in the future.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 am

PS, I've moved this to the "In-Store YMMV" forum.

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:22 pm

At Marshalls/Home Goods (a sister store) I found 2x2 storage bricks for $12 and 2x1 storage bricks for $8.

At TJ Maxx I found small female head storage for $12.99. I passed on that because I only wanted the male version.

hayhay
I'm New !

Post by hayhay » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Penguinomf wrote:At Marshalls/Home Goods (a sister store) I found 2x2 storage bricks for $12 and 2x1 storage bricks for $8.

At TJ Maxx I found small female head storage for $12.99. I passed on that because I only wanted the male version.
At Marshalls I found;
1x2 storage bricks for $5 and 1x1 for $3.
Brickmaster books (Chima and Ninjago) with bricks for $10 :-) and without bricks for $7 :eh:

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Penguinomf wrote:At Marshalls/Home Goods (a sister store) I found 2x2 storage bricks for $12 and 2x1 storage bricks for $8.

See I would have passed on the male head and opted for the female head.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 am

the small female storage head was still $15 at one store. Friends Series 2 animal packets were $3.

does anyone know how often they tend to markdown? will they do another round?

Floppydee
I'm New !

Post by Floppydee » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:09 pm

My TJ max had all the Lego friends Series 2 packs on clearance for $2, I bought 20 packs :)

The female and male storage heads were clearances for $10, I got one girl.

Ninja go books with pieces missing $1, I passed lol

Minifigure head drinking bottle, clearanced at $4, I passed because I didn't really understand the idea of using it right.

They had storage bricks too, not with clearance stickers though, so I passed on those too.

Bjnido
I'm New !

Post by Bjnido » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Thats good to know actually. I work at a HomeGoods so I get 10% off at all 3 stores (TJMax, Marshals, HomeGoods) I do know that my store sometimes gets in the various Lego Books that have little buildable sets in them, and I know around Christmas we had some of the Lone Ranger sets in as well.

Bjnido
I'm New !

Post by Bjnido » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:34 pm

atmail35 wrote:the small female storage head was still $15 at one store. Friends Series 2 animal packets were $3.

does anyone know how often they tend to markdown? will they do another round?
I can't say 100% how ofter your store will, but as I work at a HomeGoods, we do clearances about every...3 weeks or so?