Wal Mart Markdowns

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
slockhart
I'm New !

Re: Wal Mart Markdowns

Post by slockhart » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:58 pm

[quote="The-Daryl"]Just scored a Black Gate for $40!/quote]

Meijer (like Walmart, but only in the midwest) clearanced those out for $40 when they were only two weeks old. It was awesome. About two months later they started carrying them again at full price.

I went to two more Walmarts this week and they both had the A-Wing for $17. One also had the Z-95 Headhunter for $35 and a Goblin King Battle for $60-something. I can't remember, but I want to say $68 or $69. I tucked it behind some RC cars in hopes that no one will find it and it'll drop in price a little more. Not my proudest moment, but what can you do? :oops:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Bahh, wasted a lot of time ordering online as store stated they have it in stock. Arrived, waited 90 minutes...sorry don't have it. Called another Walmart that web said had the set in stock. 18 minutes on the phone, call being dropped twice...sorry, don't have it.

Dear Walmart...just don't bother having a website...it doesn't work.

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Walmart on Rockbridge road in Atlanta had 4 Lone ranger trains not marked on the shelf but scanned for 50% ... they now only have 3. If I didn't have a wife, they would have no trains left. I really like the look of that train and extra train parts are always a plus.

Walmart on 29 and pleasant hill had about 8 Lone ranger silver mine sets at 50% off.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Wow. Nice deal. I wish I could find those two sets at 50% off up here in NH

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Batman wrote:
The-Daryl wrote:Just scored a Black Gate for $40! Funny thing was this location did NOT have these in stock when people first started reporting the mark downs... (They also had some of the new Spring releases on the shelves!)
Was at a local Walmart and they had three of those at $40 too. Same situation as yours, but they are long gone now. I got the Sail Barge for $79 and the Creator House for $17.

Which spring releases specifically did your Walmart have out already?
Same here. I didn't see any Black Gate on their shelf at all about a week ago. Today I found 2 for $40 each. I only bought one. They also have 1x unexpected gathering for 49.99 and lots of Goblin battle for 69.99.

SSchmidt
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by SSchmidt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Our WM still has Black Gate at full price.

Did manage to find Castle Gatehouse Raid at $21.00, Hobbit Riddles in the Dark for $7.00 and a few Galaxy Squad (although I can't remember the names or prices since the theme is of no interest to me).

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 am

If anyone is finding LR Trains for $50 or Rancor Pits for $40, I'll gladly trade for them, or purchase if we can work out shipping.

newf
Peasant
Peasant

Post by newf » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Walmart in milford ct had Jabbas barge and the republic gunship on for 79 each
2 left of each
Also the Black gate was 40 as many others have seen
1 black gate left

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:23 pm

The Walmart in Newburgh, NY had every Galaxy Squad set on clearance. Eradicator Mech for $25, Crater Creeper for $11, Hive Crawler for $35, etc - generally 30% to 50% off. They had a shelf marker for Galactic Titan for $49.99, but none to be had.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

I still haven't seen anything above 33% off in california. I did pick up a $40 Black Gate, they had a bunch which I didn't recall seeing on the shelves the previous week, not sure if I will keep it, but it did come in right at my 5c/piece + $1/minifig rule. Only LR left around is a Comanche Camp at $11, but I didn't have one of those yet, so I was happy to pick it up.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:50 am

No luck at the Northborough, MA Walmart. They had a handful of Mega Bloks Halo sets though.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 am

Barge and gunship for 80, jeks fighter for 45. Black gate for 40.

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

This is REALLY starting to annoy me. How do people find such amazing deals when my Wal-Marts literally never have anything? I went to 3 Wal-Marts today and 2 Targets. One WM had a few items clearanced. Crater Creeper was marked down to $11, Gold Getaway down to $18 or 19 , and Wizard Battle was down to $9. They had quite a few of the Creeper and Getaway sets but only two Wizard Battles left. Nothing else on clearance. The other two Wal-Marts I went to had no clearance at all, or it was next to nothing off. Here is the big clearance at one of them:

That's the Mirkwood Spider Escape set. Yes, their clearance was $0.97 off. Ninety seven cents. This wasn't the only set though, they also had a bunch of others "clearanced" for less than a dollar. In the middle aisle they had probably 20 Warg Attack sets stacked up all of which were down to $49 from 49.97. I even checked the scanner and it rang up the same. They had tons of other sets too like the Goblin King Battle but they were all full price still. All the new sets (and by newer I mean released in the past six months) were still full price.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 am

I feel your pain, Deathleech... Even though I occasionally DO post a deal I found, those are much, much rarer. During "clearance" 80-90% of the time I see red tags at FULL price at the Walmarts around me. Or find items that are others are reporting discounted without even a red tag.

That makes the rare find that you are actually interested in a lot sweeter!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 am

Deathleech wrote:This is REALLY starting to annoy me. How do people find such amazing deals when my Wal-Marts literally never have anything? I went to 3 Wal-Marts today and 2 Targets. One WM had a few items clearanced. Crater Creeper was marked down to $11, Gold Getaway down to $18 or 19 , and Wizard Battle was down to $9. They had quite a few of the Creeper and Getaway sets but only two Wizard Battles left. Nothing else on clearance. The other two Wal-Marts I went to had no clearance at all, or it was next to nothing off. Here is the big clearance at one of them:

That's the Mirkwood Spider Escape set. Yes, their clearance was $0.97 off. Ninety seven cents. This wasn't the only set though, they also had a bunch of others "clearanced" for less than a dollar. In the middle aisle they had probably 20 Warg Attack sets stacked up all of which were down to $49 from 49.97. I even checked the scanner and it rang up the same. They had tons of other sets too like the Goblin King Battle but they were all full price still. All the new sets (and by newer I mean released in the past six months) were still full price.
While I do find the occasional good clearance at WalMart, The one closest to me often has stuff at $.03 off. Yes 3 cents, less money than it takes to buy 1 minute of parking at a meter in the city.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 am

Walmart is saving you money. That .97 cents will buy you a candy bar. Save money, live better. :lol:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:33 am

NIGELTTF wrote:While I do find the occasional good clearance at WalMart, The one closest to me often has stuff at $.03 off. Yes 3 cents, less money than it takes to buy 1 minute of parking at a meter in the city.
Three cents clearance or three cents off the normal MSRP? Wal-Mart always takes a few cents off the MSRP even when sets first come out. The sets I am talking about were suppose to be clearance sets though (hence the red tag that states CLEAR(ance)). The big clearance? A dollar off. And it's not like there was any shortage of these sets. There were so many Warg Attack sets and they were all clearanced for a dollar off. It was ridiculous.

I guess it was better than the store that didn't have anything marked down though? I just don't understand how people can find all these amazing 30-40% clearance deals and I go to every WM around me and the best I find is a couple crappy sets. It's just such a waste of time and gas. I need to stop trying and just buy em off Amazon for 20-30% off and no tax. It's probably a few dollars more than some of the clearance deals but I more than make it up in the gas I save.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm

MOST of the red tags that I see MOST of the time are at full price or slight reduction (like the 0.97 reduction) but occasionally I get lucky and find one for 30%. It is frustrating to find the red tags but they are a sign that the price may drop.. an alert sign for me to be sure to check each time I'm in the store. It is VERY disappointing to see a red tag only to realize it isn't a big clearance but as someone else said it does make the true clearance find even more exciting. I'm sorry... Hang in there. Hope you get luck eventually.

wowgeek
I'm New !

Post by wowgeek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:07 pm

So that is from clearance week #30 in Aug. '13. That's not a new clearance item. It was probably forgotten about. Take it to customer service. They might be able to adjust it for you. The fact is that LEGO sells really well and stores have limited mark down budgets. It's easier to keep LEGO at a higher price and mark something else down that needs a lower price to sell.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:19 pm

At some WalMarts that I visit, I see the same clearance items year after year. There is an XMen action figure 2-pack that I've seen at one WalMart for at least 4 years in the clearance section. And it is marked down .97 like the lego set Deathleech mentioned. It seems like some stores forget all about items once they have clearance stickers, no matter what the prices.