Retail Stores Price Matching

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Retail Stores Price Matching

Post by zmw92 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:29 am

Ive always had a problem keeping up with Lego sales due to my area. Recently missed out on Martian Manhunter. I found a great deal on shop.lego for 6864 Two Face Chase for $12.48 reg. $49.99 so 75% off? However its oos & I would LOVE to get TRUS or Amazon to price match it? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Batmobil ... Chase-6864

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Retail Stores Price Matching

Post by SquareSide » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 am

I believe most stores only price match if it says in stock on the site where said deal is.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:42 am

zmw92 wrote:Ive always had a problem keeping up with Lego sales due to my area. Recently missed out on Martian Manhunter. I found a great deal on shop.lego for 6864 Two Face Chase for $12.48 reg. $49.99 so 75% off? However its oos & I would LOVE to get TRUS or Amazon to price match it? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Batmobil ... Chase-6864
Hi,

Just so you know, the Two Face Chase was never in stock and on sale for $12.48, lego downgrades all of their retiring soon and out of stock sets to be on sale as much as 75% off. It is just a batch sale that goes through their system on items that are out of stock and retiring soon. So you didn't actually miss it, because the sale never happened. Also TRUS will only price match Target and Walmart Prices. Amazon does not price match anyone.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 am

mattlee1965 wrote:
zmw92 wrote:Ive always had a problem keeping up with Lego sales due to my area. Recently missed out on Martian Manhunter. I found a great deal on shop.lego for 6864 Two Face Chase for $12.48 reg. $49.99 so 75% off? However its oos & I would LOVE to get TRUS or Amazon to price match it? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Batmobil ... Chase-6864
Hi,

Just so you know, the Two Face Chase was never in stock and on sale for $12.48, lego downgrades all of their retiring soon and out of stock sets to be on sale as much as 75% off. It is just a batch sale that goes through their system on items that are out of stock and retiring soon. So you didn't actually miss it, because the sale never happened. Also TRUS will only price match Target and Walmart Prices. Amazon does not price match anyone.
Actually that's not correct. Amazon almost always price matches Walmart and Target sales if they have the item in stock. That's what most of the Amazon sales posted here are from price matching other stores.

TRU now has a bigger list of stores' websites they will price match, including their own (about time) and even LEGO's, but the idem has to be in stock.

The sales on retiring products is so if a LEGO B&M store has something left they know what the price should be.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
mattlee1965 wrote:
Hi,

Actually that's not correct. Amazon almost always price matches Walmart and Target sales if they have the item in stock. That's what most of the Amazon sales posted here are from price matching other stores.

TRU now has a bigger list of stores' websites they will price match, including their own (about time) and even LEGO's, but the idem has to be in stock.

The sales on retiring products is so if a LEGO B&M store has something left they know what the price should be.
I am not sure if TRU changed their policy in the last 2 months but when I went into the store back at the beginning of February to buy the Lego movie figures. They were priced at 3.99 each and when I showed them lego.com had them for 2.99, the store manager told me that they only price match target and Walmart. (maybe the manager was incorrect or just giving me a hard time)

Yes, Amazon changes its prices to match the items that target and Walmart have on sale, to be the same price. But if you call the company and ask them to price match it, they will not price match it. For instance right now Walmart has the Tumbler Chase set priced at $29.99 and amazon has it priced for $39.27. If you call amazon and ask them to give you the price of $29.99 they will not. Which I believe the question was referring to, not the fact that amazon and Walmart price their items the same when they are on sale.

Amazon's Price Matching Policy: "Amazon.com will price match eligible purchases of televisions and cell phones with select other retailers, including those who sell their items on our website. For all other items, Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching."

Amazon's Price Matching Policy link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lego B&M stores have different prices than Lego S@H.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:38 am

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:19 pm

People call Amazon? :lol:

Mugen Power
I'm New !

Post by Mugen Power » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:12 am

Even though TRU's site lists lego.com as a vendor they will pricematch, I got shotdown at TRU a few days ago and the people there wouldn't even let me show them on their own page that lego.com is listed there. They just said they don't do it.

When I called the TRU CS about it, the lady first suggested that I found a "fake" page listing online that showed lego.com and when I told her I went directly through TRU's site and pointed out to her where she can see it for herself, she said that pricematching is at the discretion of the store and they can do it or not.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 am

Mugen Power wrote:Even though TRU's site lists lego.com as a vendor they will pricematch, I got shotdown at TRU a few days ago and the people there wouldn't even let me show them on their own page that lego.com is listed there. They just said they don't do it.

When I called the TRU CS about it, the lady first suggested that I found a "fake" page listing online that showed lego.com and when I told her I went directly through TRU's site and pointed out to her where she can see it for herself, she said that pricematching is at the discretion of the store and they can do it or not.
As someone who worked at TRU...

It's a horrible place to work, it's a horrible place to shop most of the time.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:54 am

F' That - that's when you call corporate and report that store. Obviously this store did not want to do it at all even when you tried to show the direct statement from their website.

ytjedi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ytjedi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Here is another thing to note if you are trying to price match LEGO S@H items at TRU (from TRU price match terms): Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored in the cost of online prices.

So basically, if your item(s) aren't $75 or more they may add to the matched price to factor in shipping.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 am

ytjedi wrote:Here is another thing to note if you are trying to price match LEGO S@H items at TRU (from TRU price match terms): Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored in the cost of online prices.

So basically, if your item(s) aren't $75 or more they may add to the matched price to factor in shipping.

Wow. That's low. Sort of unrelated BUT - That's exactly why I stopped buying media at BestBuy; DVD's and Bluray's they price matched Amazon just fine for a while. Then they started pulling the shipping isn't free since it's under $25 (which I think is $35 now) so we would have to factor that in. I have/had Prime, I was just trying to support local economy. Not worth the trouble anymore.

TRU is teh debbil imo. They only get my money for exclusives that cost less there than on secondary market (polys, etc)

Mugen Power
I'm New !

Post by Mugen Power » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 am

Gooker1 wrote:F' That - that's when you call corporate and report that store. Obviously this store did not want to do it at all even when you tried to show the direct statement from their website.
Actually, I DID call corporate (or the main TRU number, if that's what you mean). The lady on the phone first claimed that I came across the lego.com PM policy by some sort of fake site until I pointed out that I was staring at the page from tru.com. That's when I was told it was up to the store's discretion. I got the feeling she just didn't want to deal with it just like the people at the store.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 am

ytjedi wrote:Here is another thing to note if you are trying to price match LEGO S@H items at TRU (from TRU price match terms): Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored in the cost of online prices.

As much as I love bashing TRU, every store does that. Even Amazon asks for shipping cost when you want to price match things.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:23 pm

In general, a brick-and-mortar store will only price match their direct competitors and only with a printed circular showing the exact price. They refuse to do a "X% off" calculation. If you go to Target, they're not going to price match some random place like a mom-and-pop store or something different like a grocery store, only Kmart, Walmart etc.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 am

Brick & Blue wrote:

As much as I love bashing TRU, every store does that. Even Amazon asks for shipping cost when you want to price match things.
But we drive to TRU. Not enough? :???: