Gamestop LEGO Day! June 7th Western Emmet and rare Bilbo

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
StClair
Count
Count

Gamestop LEGO Day! June 7th Western Emmet and rare Bilbo

Post by StClair » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Gamestop is having a special one day sale on LEGO related items.

-LEGO video games priced 19.99 are 2 for $29.99
-Save $10 on select LEGO video games
-Free Gamestop Exclusive poster by pre-ordering LEGO Ninjago Nindroids OR LEGO Batman 3
-Free LEGO Minifigure with ANY LEGO purchase (pictured are Western Emmet and the special Bilbo that was offered in an exclusive offering in the past.. sorry I can't remember the name for him)
-Free LEGO Chima Card for IOS app with ANY LEGO purchase
-Free Super Pack DLC with purchase of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 only)

Here is the link to the info at GameStop http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/even ... q59mg6B4hg#

There may be fine print to consider (that I am not aware of) and it may not be available at all locations.

teal93mr2
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Gamestop LEGO Day! June 7th Western Emmet and rare Bilbo

Post by teal93mr2 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Pretty good deal for those who want those exclusives!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:31 am

I bought LEGO Marvel Superheroes for my son. The manager at Gamestop tried to give me a Batman 3 poster. When i asked if I could have one of the minifigures he said that the Emmet figure is for LEGO Movie purchases. Bilbo is for LOTR or Hobbit purchases. Superhero purchases get the batman poster. I grimaced. He gave me both the poster and the Emmet minifigure.

The promotion clearly states that the LEGO minifigures are for "ANY" LEGO purchase. In my opinion not only would I get the minifigure but it would be stackable with others meaning I should get both.

He was nice about it though but its frustrating when either people are well informed or make up their own rules. So I was able to get LEGO Marvel Superheroes Wii U ($10 off select titles) for $30 (plus tax) with a LEGO Emmet purchase.

Are pre-owned LEGO games eligible for a LEGO minifigure? According to this manager No they are not. That may differ from store to store.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:32 pm

No, only new games were included. I completely forgot about this.

zoery380
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zoery380 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 pm

I think it just varied depending on what store you went to. I bought a used Star Wars game for the Wii for $10 and got a Bilbo. I had to remind the guy at the check out about the Bilbo, but he didn't give me any problems. I know (via other LEGO websites/ forums) a lot of people had a similar experience to mine.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:51 am

I got a used LEGO Harry Potter game and the awesome clerk hooked me up with 4 figures for my kids. She also threw in some Batman and Ninjago posters and a handful of Chima Online cards. I'll never use the cards but it was the thought that counts.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:19 am

anakinisvader wrote:I got a used LEGO Harry Potter game and the awesome clerk hooked me up with 4 figures for my kids. She also threw in some Batman and Ninjago posters and a handful of Chima Online cards. I'll never use the cards but it was the thought that counts.
I'm thinking maybe I should have went late in the evening. I went very early in the morning. I bet early in the day he was being extra cautious with the minifigures so that he wouldn't run out too quickly. Later in the day I think they would have been a little more relaxed about them. I really wanted to buy a pre-owned LEGO Harry Potter game but I chose to by the more expensive game to get the minifigure.

I'm glad they were so easy going with you in regards to the minifigures for your kids. Thats awesome!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 pm

StClair wrote:
anakinisvader wrote:I got a used LEGO Harry Potter game and the awesome clerk hooked me up with 4 figures for my kids. She also threw in some Batman and Ninjago posters and a handful of Chima Online cards. I'll never use the cards but it was the thought that counts.
I'm thinking maybe I should have went late in the evening. I went very early in the morning. I bet early in the day he was being extra cautious with the minifigures so that he wouldn't run out too quickly. Later in the day I think they would have been a little more relaxed about them. I really wanted to buy a pre-owned LEGO Harry Potter game but I chose to by the more expensive game to get the minifigure.

I'm glad they were so easy going with you in regards to the minifigures for your kids. Thats awesome!
I did go late in the evening and one store was completely out of figures. The next one I went to had a bunch left over. I asked what they were going to do with the rest and they said they weren't sure yet.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Rockaway, nj mall gamestop gave us each of these today free (Bilbo and Emmet). (I didn't even buy anything, just asked if they still had mini figures).
Last edited by Nepenthe7 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 pm

^ Good to know! Too bad it's not the Robo DJ, though.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive