B&N BOGO50 on "educational" toys ONLINE ONLY

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

B&N BOGO50 on "educational" toys ONLINE ONLY

Post by brixter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:15 am

Barnes and Noble has an ONLINE ONLY BOGO50 on educational toys. Seems like some Lego is included. I did a quick search and Star Wars did not seem to get the discount. Also, I tried stacking the 20% off coupon BNFRIENDS, but that did not work either. You will have to dig for some finds, but there should be some goodies. Welcome to Sales season.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: B&N BOGO50 on "educational" toys ONLINE ONLY

Post by gabriellee11 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Some star wars do qualify like "LEGO Star Wars Droid Gunship 75042", you just need to check the items that says "Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off -- Select Toys & Games". I think the Lego City Advent Calendar and Friends Advent Calendar are the best I could find that qualify for the promotion.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks.
I picked up the Hulk Lab Smash and the Joker Steamroller. I also got free shipping since it was over $49.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 pm

the bnfriends coupon for 20%off does stack with the bogo (if both an educational toy and has no coupon exclusion).

example buying 2 $80 sets. 20% applies to one, and 50% off on the 2nd. > 160 becomes 64 + 40=104 so combined equals 35% off for the two instead of 25% for the two

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:09 pm

The Star Wars Advent is sadly OOS. It says the 20% comes off the higher priced one, so that have been $32 for the SW and 50% off City would be $15.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:34 pm

I mentioned the city and friends calendar in my post above, not the star wars...Ice put the wrong one on the front page,

minifigsee
I'm New !

Post by minifigsee » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:01 am

I hate to say it but its a no go on the 20% coupon for an all lego purchase:

Store Coupon 707471 and Online Coupon BNFRIENDS Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from October 9, 2014 at 12:01am to October 14, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 9, 2014 to October 13, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO(R) items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit http://www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:38 am

As stated in my post and well known now, coupons only work on sets with no coupon exclusions. This is about 10 or less sets. Eg droid gunship, minecraft, master academy sets, and the best of all benny spaceship.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 am

B&N, the good old days when our dollar was on par or lower, and the coupons applied to all Lego even when they are on sale.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 am

ricefields wrote:As stated in my post and well known now, coupons only work on sets with no coupon exclusions. This is about 10 or less sets. Eg droid gunship, minecraft, master academy sets, and the best of all benny spaceship.
With coupon, tax and shipping included, seems like you'll get Benny's Spaceship for $90.44 in Canada. Almost 27% which isn't bad.

B&N doesn't charge duty if I remember correctly...right?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:33 am

Toronadian wrote:
ricefields wrote:As stated in my post and well known now, coupons only work on sets with no coupon exclusions. This is about 10 or less sets. Eg droid gunship, minecraft, master academy sets, and the best of all benny spaceship.
With coupon, tax and shipping included, seems like you'll get Benny's Spaceship for $90.44 in Canada. Almost 27% which isn't bad.

No duty

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:47 pm

I ended up grabbing a City Advent calendar and Duplo Planes set for $45 shipped. Nice deal.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Looks like all of the Advent calendars are now OOS. And the Friends calendar now has the typical disclaimer exempting it from discounts. The only Lego Advent calendars that show up now are from Marketplace sellers at jacked up prices.

Does anyone know a trick to weed out the Marketplace vendors from B&N search results? They really need a button on the side-nav for selecting the seller, like Amazon has.

brickventures
I'm New !

Post by brickventures » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:15 am

Thanks! Got 2 Master Builder Academy and with stacked BNFRIENDS coupon saved $47.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Toronadian wrote:

you got lucky! seems like it's not eligible anymore!

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Still eligible for befriends coupon code. Was never eligible for the bogo

picabo
I'm New !

Post by picabo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 pm

My order for 2 of the Friends Advent Calendars was just cancelled.

Oh well.....

stawas
I'm New !

Post by stawas » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:12 am

My order for 2 of the Friends Advent Calendars was cancelled too. Boo!

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:12 pm

I received my City Advent Calendar yesterday. Came out to $14.99 with the dicsount!