Double VIP Points October 1-4 only

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Double VIP Points October 1-4 only

Post by grommom » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 pm

minifigW wrote:So with my legoland card that works out to be 20% off, not bad.. Especially with the PAB clearance some have reported
Is this legoland card a passholder discount? I thought the legoland store didn't do vip points. Or is this another passholder perk i don't know about? :)

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Well now this is something I can help with. I live close to LL Florida, and have an annual pass. The AP provides 10% off EVERYTHING. BUT, as someone as already pointed out - points are not earned and can not be used at LL. It has to do with Merlin being a part owner.

I also have a Disney AP and live only a few miles from the Downtown Disney Lego Store. Their AP provides 10% on everything except exclusives and most Ideas sets. But of course you earn points there.

So. For exclusives - it's basically double points all year long at LL, with the benefit that it's actually a discount on the price vs. basically a rebate you use to buy something else.

For non-exclusives - it's better (in my situation at least) to take 10% off at Disney plus the 5% in points, and another 5% in points during double points months.

Using your Discover Card 5% deal (mine should arrive next week, tyvm) it seems that I can stack that 5% on top of basically another 10% for double points next month at S@H which will equate to an all time highest 15% off exclusives, which I will be loading up on. Plus they ship, so I don't have to walk a bunch of big boxes out of either theme park.

Although I think it's very unlikely, but it's possible that other LEGOLAND parks do it differently. Now that I think about it it's written all over the place that points can't be used or earned at any LL. Check the fine print on anything from TLG about points.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:00 pm

And I don't know what LEGOLAND minifigW has an AP for, but PAB at LL Florida is the very worst of any deal comparisons. It goes by weight! I've only ever done it once, because when I calculated how much more Lego I would have gotten into an equivalent number of cups per the same price at the Lego Store - I was short almost 30%, or paying about 40% extra. Granted I do a great job of filling the cups, the margin was huge.

So I'm not surprised that LLs would need to do clearances to sell more PAB stuff, but then again it's still always packed with people whenever I've been there.

I would like to know exactly what clearances others are seeing.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:13 pm

FloridaBrick wrote:Well now this is something I can help with. I live close to LL Florida, and have an annual pass. The AP provides 10% off EVERYTHING. BUT, as someone as already pointed out - points are not earned and can not be used at LL. It has to do with Merlin being a part owner.

I also have a Disney AP and live only a few miles from the Downtown Disney Lego Store. Their AP provides 10% on everything except exclusives and most Ideas sets. But of course you earn points there.

So. For exclusives - it's basically double points all year long at LL, with the benefit that it's actually a discount on the price vs. basically a rebate you use to buy something else.

For non-exclusives - it's better (in my situation at least) to take 10% off at Disney plus the 5% in points, and another 5% in points during double points months.

Using your Discover Card 5% deal (mine should arrive next week, tyvm) it seems that I can stack that 5% on top of basically another 10% for double points next month at S@H which will equate to an all time highest 15% off exclusives, which I will be loading up on. Plus they ship, so I don't have to walk a bunch of big boxes out of either theme park.

Although I think it's very unlikely, but it's possible that other LEGOLAND parks do it differently. Now that I think about it it's written all over the place that points can't be used or earned at any LL. Check the fine print on anything from TLG about points.
Thanks, sounds like I'll just have to ask at my local lego store, we live in San Diego, and the only lego store i know of is near mission valley, but legoland is about 40 min north of that in California. There's also a lego store near Disneyland in Anaheim about 45 min north of legoland so I'm wondering if it's that store that gives the discounts minifig w is talking about. I do agree the best is probably discover deals plus s@h because you don't spend gas driving there :)

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm

pbb99 wrote:probably because they don't need to make it the whole month to sell lots of sets. With Lego at an all time high in popularity, there are only a fraction of the deals compared to what was offered even 5 years ago. Kinda too bad, I would have liked to have got double VIP points together with the Christmas Train. There'll probably be another VIP event around Black Friday.
I thought you get both on October 1st, train and double VIP pts....
VENI VIDI VICI

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh, no, different dates..... :(
VENI VIDI VICI

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Nope...they're gonna make it tough for us from here on out...

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:53 pm

So my ex kept our VIP account so I don't have one and the closest store is almost two hours away. I've been debating another Expert Creator set (I have the Parisian Restaurant) but want to get double VIP points on it. Do I have to start a VIP account first or can I make a purchase on those dates and get double VIP points when I first sign up for it?

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:32 pm

start the VIP account first, then buy stuff. You can sign up online, so no reason not to just do it now, then be signed in to it when doing any online orders. If you sign up online, then go into a store, you can just give them your email address or VIP number to get points.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Ah, I thought you had to make a purchase to start one. Thanks for the info, I got it set up yesterday!

sebitsena
I'm New !

Post by sebitsena » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:09 am

So double VIP points between 1-4 october is only for USA or will it be for Europe too ? I can't find any info on the french shop@home ...

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 am

Ebay is running a promo for 5X Ebay Bucks for a $50+ purchase if anyone likes to go through Ebay. Instead of waiting for Lego's Double VIP, I made an order for the UCS Tie Fighter and will get about $20 back later. I was charged tax but in the end will save about $10 more than going through Lego. Here's the link for what I purchased.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars- ... 43e1e27cb5

RyanKC
I'm New !

Post by RyanKC » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm

alexb54 wrote:Ebay is running a promo for 5X Ebay Bucks for a $50+ purchase if anyone likes to go through Ebay. Instead of waiting for Lego's Double VIP, I made an order for the UCS Tie Fighter and will get about $20 back later. I was charged tax but in the end will save about $10 more than going through Lego. Here's the link for what I purchased.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars- ... 43e1e27cb5

Is 5x eBay Bucks targeted account offer?