Kroger clearance sets

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Kroger clearance sets

Post by Bystander » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 pm

I know not many people have commented on these sales in the past, but I noticed that Kroger and affiliate grocery chain Marketplace stores have some sets on clearance. Most are only 25-30% off, but I did find one store that had most for close to 50% off after using 10% off coupons that were placed around the toy aisles.
Some examples:
Creator Go-cart $6, Ninjago Lava Falls $5, Star Wars Microfighters $5, Bionicle skull figure $7,
Ninjago Electro mech $7.50, Doc Ock Truck Heist $10, GotG Starblaster showdown $10,
Batman vs Manbat $10, City snowplow $10, Chima phoenix $10, Ninjago Anacondrai crusher $10,
City 4x4 w/watercraft $10, Star Wars AAT $12.50, Ninjago Condrai Copter $15,
GotG Knowhere escape $20, X-men Sentinal $25, Lego Movie Construction Mech $25,
GotG Milano $35, Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina $35 and some elves and friends sets.

I picked up quite a few of the sets that I had not purchased earlier at some of the Target and Walmart clearance sales. There are a few more that I am forgetting, but you get the picture. Even at only 25% off some of these might not be bad if you missed them earlier.
StClair, I know that you have had some luck finding deals at your Kroger in the past. Let me know if you come across any other sets I may have forgotten.

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Kroger clearance sets

Post by StClair » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 am

Nice! I'll try to check out my store today. Thank you for the post!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 am

No luck with 50% off. I did see some of the same sets such as the Ninjago Anacondrai Crusher, Electro Mech and GotG Starblaster showdown. Also Creator Go-cart and X-men Sentinal but they were ONLY 25% off.

Items were marked accurately with tags on shelves. I price scanned several to be sure.

I couldn't find any SW Mos Eisley Cantina, Batman vs Manbat, Movie Construction Mech or Doc Ock Truck Heist (retail price or clearance). Several workers were doing inventory scans in nearby aisles so maybe if I'm lucky they will drop the clearance prices? I'll check back. Be sure to let me know if you hear news of them dropping more please. The store has changed a lot in the past year so there approach to toy clearance may have changed. Fingers crossed though.

They did have a few MegaBloks sets on clearance 50% off (Minions and Halo.. only select ones) but I passed.

Thanks a lot though!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Sales the same here. They did lower the prices last Wednesday (this is their ad day) so hopefully there will be additional discounts tomorrow.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Checked again today and prices are the same. I'll keep checking back for further discounts *fingers crossed*

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Checked all Kroger again and no change. This one is strange. Stores usually have different markdown percentages but this time they are all uniform and the same. Guess they caught on to me wiping them out as soon as the clearance hits.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:48 pm

anakinisvader wrote:Checked all Kroger again and no change. This one is strange. Stores usually have different markdown percentages but this time they are all uniform and the same. Guess they caught on to me wiping them out as soon as the clearance hits.
Had to get out of the house for a few minutes today. Checked out Kroger and no change in prices. Luckily because of the snow it doesn't look like they are selling at 25% off.

Abominablepedals
I'm New !

Post by Abominablepedals » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Where in the store are the Legos? I went by a store tonight and there was a seasonal aisle with a Lego alarm clock on sale but that was it

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Abominablepedals wrote:Where in the store are the Legos? I went by a store tonight and there was a seasonal aisle with a Lego alarm clock on sale but that was it
In my hometown there are 2x Kroger stores and neither have a toy aisle but where I live now the store has at least 3 full aisles of toys. I guess some have a toy section and some don't.

Trainacomin
I'm New !

Post by Trainacomin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:37 pm

The only place I have seen them is in the Kroger Marketplace stores. The regular stores in my area don't have them.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:09 am

StClair wrote:
anakinisvader wrote:Checked all Kroger again and no change. This one is strange. Stores usually have different markdown percentages but this time they are all uniform and the same. Guess they caught on to me wiping them out as soon as the clearance hits.
Had to get out of the house for a few minutes today. Checked out Kroger and no change in prices. Luckily because of the snow it doesn't look like they are selling at 25% off.
I don't think its the weather. None of them are moving here because the discount is so bad.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 pm

anakinisvader wrote:
StClair wrote:
I don't think its the weather. None of them are moving here because the discount is so bad.
True although sometimes people snatch up anything with a clearance label regardless of the price. I would have done the same years ago before joining the forum. Back before learning to watch Amazon and others for good deals. A lot of clearance prices that I see in stores often are the same or higher than prices that I see for the same item from time to time on Amazon.

murrough222
I'm New !

Post by murrough222 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:49 am

Might want to look again this week. My Kroger just did a major reset that took a lot out of my pocket.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm

murrough222 wrote:Might want to look again this week. My Kroger just did a major reset that took a lot out of my pocket.
Did you find reduced prices today (Thursday) or before Thursday? I just checked my store yesterday (Wednesday). Maybe I should check again tomorrow just in case. Thanks!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:04 pm

One of my Kroger's did a huge reset and marked down a bunch of stuff 40 - 75% off last week. Two of the others resets only discounted a small amount if any at all. It is very much a YMMV on this one. I must say that I have seen much better clearance deals in the past. This one was kinda meh.

murrough222
I'm New !

Post by murrough222 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:48 pm

My store in Ohio started pulling everything off the shelves on Monday and did not have all of it marked down till Thurs. morning. It was odd that everything went to 50% in the store even stuff that was previously discounted more than that. If you ask a department manager when that specific store is resetting their toy department you can normally pinpoint the date, the trick is find a person who wont blow you off.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm

murrough222 wrote:My store in Ohio started pulling everything off the shelves on Monday and did not have all of it marked down till Thurs. morning. It was odd that everything went to 50% in the store even stuff that was previously discounted more than that. If you ask a department manager when that specific store is resetting their toy department you can normally pinpoint the date, the trick is find a person who wont blow you off.
I'll keep checking. Yes I agree... finding the right person is the trick. I've overspent lately so I won't be touching things at my local Kroger unless things drop to at least 50% off. Thanks again.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Kroger in Richmond had another markdown on clearance items. They had moved them all to the area in front of the "little clinic" (I think that's what its called.. its the doctor office there).

I'm guessing that I missed out on some great deals. There was very little variety left but everything left in clearance was about 60% off!

They have 8 or more left of the Ninjago: Condrai Copter Attack at $8.39. I only bought one.

I picked up the last 2 Disney Princess: Jasmine set. I had been looking for a great deal on that one because of the hairpiece and print tiles for rugs. They were $6.99 each.

They also have a few of the Chima battle packs (3 minifigs from different tribes) left. I think there was one ice bear one left and maybe one more croc tribe one left and several lion tribe ones left for $2.80 each. I picked up one croc tribe set.

They also had 3 or 4 variety of the Bionicle sets. They was at least 4 or more of each of those on the shelf. They were 50%-60% off (probably 60%). They were sets: 70784, 70785, 70789 and 70790

There was 2 left of the Friends: Pop Star Show Stage 41105 also 50%-60% off.

The lady working said they had just lowered the price again yesterday. All of the Guardian of the Galaxy sets were gone. That was my main interest... that and the Princess Jasmine set.

Again they were NOT in the regular LEGO aisle. They had been moved to the area in front of the doctor's office. Good luck to those that have a Kroger Marketplace in their area that carry LEGO items. I'm sure that not all stores have the same items, prices and markdown schedules.