Free shipping minimum now $49

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Free shipping minimum now $49

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Just a reminder that within the last couple of days that the minimum price for free shipping has gone up to $49.

But for the moment we still have Target holding on to $25. :)

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Free shipping minimum now $49

Post by StClair » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Just a reminder that within the last couple of days that the minimum price for free shipping has gone up to $49.

But for the moment we still have Target holding on to $25. :)
Amazon no longer ships for free for $35 and above? Ouch. That will affect my buying :sad:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:38 am

It's $25 and over for books and $49 on everything else.
Add at least $25 of books (in which case all other eligible items in the order also ship free), or at least $49 of all other eligible items to your Shopping Cart. Any item with "FREE Shipping" messaging on the product detail page, that is fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, is eligible and contributes to your free shipping order minimum.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

That's a bummer. Even 35 dollars was a lot for me

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:53 pm

ouch, that's a bummer. Guess they are really pushing the prime membership.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:04 pm

Honestly, I'm shocked it took them this long to increase it again. I can't imagine how much money they were losing on shipping differences. That said, we have prime so it's no biggie to me.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:53 am

vynsane wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked it took them this long to increase it again. I can't imagine how much money they were losing on shipping differences. That said, we have prime so it's no biggie to me.
I think it has nothing to do with losing money, I think it has everything to do with Prime. Plus there is this... odd... rumor that Amazon will be opening 300 B&M bookstores. So they are pushing you to buy books to get the cheaper limit.

I'm still waiting for Target to increase their's to $35, but they actually lowered it like a year ago. I was going to buy something (Non-LEGO :eek: ) the other day from Target instead of Amazon, but my card has to be replaced.

Amazon will be losing A TON of my business. Only reason I ordered from them was because of a gift card and my Target card needs to be updated. I ordered over two days ago and my Target order would been delivered the 24-29th. My Amazon order still hasn't shipped! And isn't expected to until the 29th! A week just to ship something?1 Screw you Amazon.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I think it has nothing to do with losing money, I think it has everything to do with Prime.
How does that not have anything to do with losing money? Free shipping - Prime or not - particularly on large items, is killing their bottom line. There are plenty of articles out there that address that very issue.
Plus there is this... odd... rumor that Amazon will be opening 300 B&M bookstores. So they are pushing you to buy books to get the cheaper limit.
I don't really see a correlation there other than the fact that the rumor and the new free shipping threshold both involve the word "book". How would book orders over $25 getting free shipping have anything to do with a rumor regarding opening bookstores?

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm

What if you buy Two LEGO (or any other) items at $25 each to get free shipping and return One? Of course you'd probably be banned if you did it too many times!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 am

^They might make you pay partial shipping.

It's been three days now and my order still hasn't shipped. I think it's very clear that Amazon is just trying to get everyone to Prime. There is no reason an order should take a week (The estimated shipping date, not delivery date is the 29th.) for something to just ship, none at all.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 am

^ It is odd that it's taking that long. It's definitely purchased from or at least fulfilled by Amazon, and not a third-party?