[USA] ToysRUs.com Additional 20% off purchases above $75

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
starwarsgeek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs.com Additional 20% off purchases above $75

Post by starwarsgeek » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 pm

natelite wrote:
starwarsgeek wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:Fire Brigade is in stock right now!!! Hurry!!!
Thanks so much! I managed to get one before its sold out again. :D

Its funny to see how TRU has so much Lego out of stock when you click "view all" when searching for Lego. But I'm suprised how long the clone turbo tank and police headquarters lasted. It went out of stock when the sale almost ended. Perfect timing.
when did you order? i tried about 2 hours ago b4 u post and it was gone already.
I ordered around 6 o clock but didn't have the time to post cause I was checking from my phone. Did a phone order and the lady accepted the coupon code but told me they ran out of bricktober figures.

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs.com 20% off your purchase of 75 or more

Post by vman100 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 am

vman100 wrote:FYI, just received the 2 Fire Brigades I ordered this week from the website - they came in the original Lego shipping box (which contains 2) - while you might think this would help, they arrived with the outside box heavily damaged, and both sets inside damaged even worse! They are crushed so badly the tape on the side flaps of both sets is completely open (or someone had already opened them and taken stuff). Really bummed - I guess I can return them, but they are sold out now so at best I'll probably just get my money back...

Just beware on the shipping for these from TRU!
Since I had complained about this, I wanted to give TRU full credit - once the Fire Brigade went back in stock, I called them to inquire about returning them. They were awesome - the first offered to credit back my shipping costs since it was a shipping problem (of course this was free shipping so nothing there). They then arranged the RMA to return the sets, and said I would get full refund once they returned them. They also allowed me to buy two new sets at same price - but given the sale and extra discount, he couldn't figure out how to get to that price in the system, so just suggested he would sell me new ones at half off! So I got 2 Fire Brigades for $149.98 total. Yes, it was kind of weird they wouldn't agree to just send me two to replace the damaged ones once they had received them, but I come out well ahead so I'm not complaining (unless they screw up the return or ship me two damaged ones again!).

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs.com 20% off your purchase of 75 or more

Post by kevin93 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 pm

vman100 wrote:
vman100 wrote:FYI, just received the 2 Fire Brigades I ordered this week from the website - they came in the original Lego shipping box (which contains 2) - while you might think this would help, they arrived with the outside box heavily damaged, and both sets inside damaged even worse! They are crushed so badly the tape on the side flaps of both sets is completely open (or someone had already opened them and taken stuff). Really bummed - I guess I can return them, but they are sold out now so at best I'll probably just get my money back...

Just beware on the shipping for these from TRU!
Since I had complained about this, I wanted to give TRU full credit - once the Fire Brigade went back in stock, I called them to inquire about returning them. They were awesome - the first offered to credit back my shipping costs since it was a shipping problem (of course this was free shipping so nothing there). They then arranged the RMA to return the sets, and said I would get full refund once they returned them. They also allowed me to buy two new sets at same price - but given the sale and extra discount, he couldn't figure out how to get to that price in the system, so just suggested he would sell me new ones at half off! So I got 2 Fire Brigades for $149.98 total. Yes, it was kind of weird they wouldn't agree to just send me two to replace the damaged ones once they had received them, but I come out well ahead so I'm not complaining (unless they screw up the return or ship me two damaged ones again!).
Since they're half off, they are a great deal even if its damaged! Very nice of TRU though. Never expect them to be like this. Way to go TRU on customer service! :D