October 2016 LEGO Shop Offers: Free Holiday Calendar & Double VIP Points

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

October 2016 LEGO Shop Offers: Free Holiday Calendar & Double VIP Points

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Welcome to the month of October! There's lots of great offers this month including Double VIP points and a free holiday calendar for those living in North America! In addition, new LEGO sets are now here including 21307 Caterham Seven 620R, 10254 Winter Holiday Train, new LEGO Star Wars sets and more at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | Europe/UK).  See What’s New: US | Canada | UK

North America Offers
-Free Exclusive LEGO Holiday Countdown Calendar with purchases of $99 or more (October 1-25)
-Double VIP points on all purchases (Oct 1-31)
-New Sales & Deals Items: US | Canada

Europe & United Kingdom Offers
-Free LEGO London Bus set with GBP purchases over 50 (October 3-22)
-Sales & Deals Items: UK
*Euro pricing thresholds may vary depending on your country

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/october-2016-leg ... ip-points/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: October 2016 LEGO Shop Offers: Free Holiday Calendar & D

Post by melsig » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Regarding the holiday countdown calendar, I'm a little unclear whether this is similar to the advent calendars, in that there is a separate little set per day to build, or whether this is a small selection of bricks with 24 different projects - with the same set of bricks meant to be used and re-used for each day's project. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:52 pm

It's the latter.
Build a new festive model every day during December, with 24 models featuring a winter or Christmas theme. Hours of fun await in building, taking apart and rebuilding all of these different models. Use the included instructions to build the first model on December 1, then on the next day take your model apart and begin the new one—until Christmas arrives! Also features a resealable box to store all the LEGO® pieces and a brick separator.
If you'd like to see a spoiler of the models, LEGO put up pics.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Christ ... d-Up-40222

Adrianucho
I'm New !

Post by Adrianucho » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 am

I wonder if the LEGO Holiday Countdown Calendar and the double VIP points promotion will be available on Spain...

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Eek wrote:It's the latter.
Build a new festive model every day during December, with 24 models featuring a winter or Christmas theme. Hours of fun await in building, taking apart and rebuilding all of these different models. Use the included instructions to build the first model on December 1, then on the next day take your model apart and begin the new one—until Christmas arrives! Also features a resealable box to store all the LEGO® pieces and a brick separator.
Thanks! I was wondering about the details!

jbhalper
I'm New !

Post by jbhalper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:25 am

melsig wrote:Regarding the holiday countdown calendar, I'm a little unclear whether this is similar to the advent calendars, in that there is a separate little set per day to build, or whether this is a small selection of bricks with 24 different projects - with the same set of bricks meant to be used and re-used for each day's project. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks.
I've received one, it's 4 pouches of parts roughly sorted by size of parts, and 2 instruction booklets that are broken up into 24 different builds. You'll almost definitely have to deconstruct some builds to create others.

Still cute, but it's definitely not a typical advent calendar.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Eek wrote:
Ah, thanks!

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

jbhalper wrote: I've received one, it's 4 pouches of parts roughly sorted by size of parts, and 2 instruction booklets that are broken up into 24 different builds. You'll almost definitely have to deconstruct some builds to create others.

Still cute, but it's definitely not a typical advent calendar.
Great, thanks for the info!