[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 am

Southern Missouri. They also had a Venice Canal set for $25. I didn't pick that one up though.

GruetzmacherD
I'm New !

Post by GruetzmacherD » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:26 am

Just found (the last) Portal of Atlantis in a central WI Walmart for $40.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 am

GruetzmacherD wrote:Just found (the last) Portal of Atlantis in a central WI Walmart for $40.
Too bad it's gone...I wanted it, but I never got around to it. Eh, I'll add it to my BL list sometime.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:45 pm

picked up a construct-a-buzz for $12 today.

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dubious2515 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I picked up star wars rebel and snowtrooper battle packs for 6 each today in TN.
Please take a look at what I have!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=dubious2515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:54 am

dubious2515 wrote:I picked up star wars rebel and snowtrooper battle packs for 6 each today in TN.

Great find! I would have bought some, but both my Wal-Marts had them normal price of $12. :(

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Just went to Wal-Mart here in Putnam. They have their clearance in the Garden Center and I found some Lego for 50 percent off. Construct-a-Buzz and Ben 10 Alien and Toy Story watches. The constructs were not heavily discounted-maybe 4 dollars off, but the Toy Story watches with Woody were 7.00 each.

And just because my daughter wanted me to: :ugeek:

Jared

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Just got home from Wal-Mart in West Sacramenot, they had an ARC 170 for $29.50, I think it was the last one, I didn't get it, but I wanted to. Its not marked at all other than it was in the clearance section, I just scanned it out of curiosity. Any one in the Sacramento, CA area, it was still there when I left...

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 am

I went to my local Walmart yesterday (Framingham, MA). I saw Monster 4, Race 3000, and Minotaurus games in the clearance aisle. They were all msrp, so I'm guessing they haven't been there long.

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:24 am

was in one of the nearby walmart this morning... got a 'sort & store' mini figure head on clearance... not sure what is the MSRP.. it's 29.99 on clearance.... still debating if i should keep it... or take it back...

also there was a box of Lunar Limo (Space Police)... obviously a return item with tape on the side.. i opened it and take a lot.. it's a half finished item in the box.. with some long hairs in it... i was like WTF!?!?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 am

dont quote me but i think $29.99 is msrp. I have seen several sets in the clearance section, most recently, Slave 1, with a red clearance shelf tag, listing the msrp as the sale price. I think the do this to trick people into buying regularly priced items thinking they are getting a clearance price. :o

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super12 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

most definitely... i have seen them do that A LOT A LOT A LOT of the time...

but price is not the reason i got it... i have seen that in TRU for 35.. and of course even much higher on amazon or ebay...

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 am

cowbug wrote:dont quote me but i think $29.99 is msrp. I have seen several sets in the clearance section, most recently, Slave 1, with a red clearance shelf tag, listing the msrp as the sale price. I think the do this to trick people into buying regularly priced items thinking they are getting a clearance price. :o
My local Walmart was at least giving $2 off. The clearance isle they just put up seems to be more of a "slight discount isle". Nothing worth writing home about.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:
cowbug wrote:dont quote me but i think $29.99 is msrp. I have seen several sets in the clearance section, most recently, Slave 1, with a red clearance shelf tag, listing the msrp as the sale price. I think the do this to trick people into buying regularly priced items thinking they are getting a clearance price. :o
My local Walmart was at least giving $2 off. The clearance isle they just put up seems to be more of a "slight discount isle". Nothing worth writing home about.
At target they have a discount wall. They have "54 cents off!" on one of them. Yay, now I have money for 25 cent candy!...
super12 wrote:most definitely... i have seen them do that A LOT A LOT A LOT of the time...

but price is not the reason i got it... i have seen that in TRU for 35.. and of course even much higher on amazon or ebay...
Toys R Us is always more expensive, as is Amazon. Ebay is separate people-you will always see better prices at Wal-Mart and Target.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Mantisking wrote:I went to my local Walmart yesterday (Framingham, MA). I saw Monster 4, Race 3000, and Minotaurus games in the clearance aisle. They were all msrp, so I'm guessing they haven't been there long.
Sometimes Walmart does that, I have seen clearance signs up for the $100 Space Police ship set for the low low price of... $100. The tag even said that! :lol:

Same thing with a SpongeBob set and a Batman set YEARS ago, SB had to be $30 (the normal price) for 8+ months, never lowered.

Walmart is strange. :)

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
Mantisking wrote:I went to my local Walmart yesterday (Framingham, MA). I saw Monster 4, Race 3000, and Minotaurus games in the clearance aisle. They were all msrp, so I'm guessing they haven't been there long.
Sometimes Walmart does that, I have seen clearance signs up for the $100 Space Police ship set for the low low price of... $100. The tag even said that! :lol:

Same thing with a SpongeBob set and a Batman set YEARS ago, SB had to be $30 (the normal price) for 8+ months, never lowered.

Walmart is strange. :)
Target has the same price for the ship.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:00 pm

I went ahead and bought the Venice canal set for $25. It's been there for a long time and it was a good deal. Besides I couldn't bear to risk it getting away. I bought 2 Cairo ambush sets a couple weeks ago here for $7. I keep telling my son, "we can't start another collection!" lol. Also I found 2 clone walker sets for $5.

One walmart I went to today had raised the prices of the clearance items. Midi destroyer was $19, anakins y wing that I was hoping would be marked down further than $40, was back up to $60.

Anyone pick up the minifig collection set for $5.50? I've been debating on getting it.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm

turtle1173 wrote: One walmart I went to today had raised the prices of the clearance items. Midi destroyer was $19, anakins y wing that I was hoping would be marked down further than $40, was back up to $60.
My WM did that with Zurg...up to $13 from $12

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:13 pm

My Wal-Mart has all Toy Story Legos full price. Portal of Atlantis and the Neptune Carrier are half-off.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:31 pm

My Walmart has Construct a Zurg for $13 (which is a dollar more than it was two weeks ago there), some of the watchs for $7 and a bunch of LEGO stickers for a dollar each.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?