[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on New LEGO Items

Post by sweener » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

I noticed this also. I just love how their post begins: I’ve been checking bn.com for new LEGO sets and discovered ....

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 pm

bn.com doesnt advertise it! lol @ the stealers

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 pm

You can reuse your coupons as long as you use a different email address. Proceed as guest and don't create an account.

Thanks kevin7215 and sweener for the code!

isaacho
I'm New !

Post by isaacho » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

chongcheng wrote:OK....when information reaches here, it is near the end of the discounts soon enough. :lol:

Time to hurry up with the purchases
Hi Alvin, it's nice to see u here.

Isaac

isaacho
I'm New !

Post by isaacho » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I second this.
autobrick wrote:Sweet! Glad to see this coupon is back. :D Too bad that '7962 Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers' or '7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator' are not up yet. I'm not a big fan of the Clone Wars so I am not so keen on the Republic Frigate, and nothing else quite interests me.

Ice, have you considered putting the coupon code (just the code) for great deals exclusively inside the forum (not on the front page)? This would drive traffic into the forums and increase the longevity of this code (only members would see it; and I imagine members are more likely than casual visitors to be to loyal to this site and not post coupons on deals sites like redflag, slickdeals, etc). I have nothing against these sites, but the sheer size of their community means that they can wipe out coupons very quickly.

I know there is a bit of a 'lurkers problem' here, which could worsen if you did this, but at least these new members are more likely to contribute to this forum (seeing as they've already signed up). I know you did this before; it what was what got me to finally join TnB.

Now, what should I buy... :D

hoqon9
I'm New !

Post by hoqon9 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 am

It takes a lot of people's time and effort to make TnB a great site, don't let those sites just steal it.

Back to the bn.com order, just ordered King's Castle from Hong Kong, anyone knows how TAX is calculated? Should i expect a roughly 10% mark-up on the discounted price? Thanks in advance.
Ice wrote:
autobrick wrote: Ice, have you considered putting the coupon code (just the code) for great deals exclusively inside the forum (not on the front page)? This would drive traffic into the forums and increase the longevity of this code (only members would see it; and I imagine members are more likely than casual visitors to be to loyal to this site and not post coupons on deals sites like redflag, slickdeals, etc). I have nothing against these sites, but the sheer size of their community means that they can wipe out coupons very quickly.

I know there is a bit of a 'lurkers problem' here, which could worsen if you did this, but at least these new members are more likely to contribute to this forum (seeing as they've already signed up). I know you did this before; it what was what got me to finally join TnB.
Good idea autobrick. I'm already getting a bit frustrated after seeing another LEGO blog posting this exact same deal and coupon code D4J7V3X a few hours after I've front paged it. I've tested to see if they are taking deals from our site and they are. Purposely labeled the coupon to expire sometime in August on the front page and he has the exact same thing. Whats even more ironic is that he mentioned that only the new sets qualify (which is exactly what was front paged before the correction that all non-licensed sets qualify).

Obviously he didn't check that it expires on August 22 AND there's another active coupon code in the forums.

Worst of all is no references giving at all and he claims that he found the code by looking for new sets at BN.com. Very disrespectful to the TnB forum members who found the deal. :evil:

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 am

autobrick wrote: Ice, have you considered putting the coupon code (just the code) for great deals exclusively inside the forum (not on the front page)? This would drive traffic into the forums and increase the longevity of this code (only members would see it; and I imagine members are more likely than casual visitors to be to loyal to this site and not post coupons on deals sites like redflag, slickdeals, etc). I have nothing against these sites, but the sheer size of their community means that they can wipe out coupons very quickly.

Now, what should I buy... :D
The deal gets killed once it reaches those sites. I agree on keeping the code exclusive in the forums.

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 am

I love the TnB twitters :P

isaacho
I'm New !

Post by isaacho » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks ICE, kelvin, sweener and everyone for this.

I just ordered Frigate.

Since the deal got killer the last time, I only share with closer friends and tell them to be hush hush too.

Cheers!
Isaac

Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Relhak » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks TnB and to the poster who found this deal. I got a Frigate on the way for $88.66. That's even cheaper than what I paid for the Republic Cruiser a few years ago!

Hopefully B&N doesn't renege on this deal.

andrewqwy
I'm New !

Post by andrewqwy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 am

Thanks for the heads up for the coupon code (kevin, sweener)!

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am

I'm with you Relhak. I'm holding my breath until my Frigate actually gets shipped out. I might have to find a blue minifig head to be my new avatar.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:26 am

clock4me wrote:The deal gets killed once it reaches those sites. I agree on keeping the code exclusive in the forums.
Strongly agree. Need to keep the code for one who has contributed.

I was holding out on Frigate for Millenium Falcon once I had seen this post. In fact, I like the color theme of 2007 set 7665 Republic Cruiser more than this Frigate, and I wasn't planning to get this set. However, 30% off is too tempting for this set with 4 exclusive minifigures, so finally, pulled the trigger.

Would I give up 2011 Millenium Falcon? Of course, NO. Looking forward to see it for sale at bn.com, and I hope it is not gonna be exclusive. I'd better find a way to make more money but not a way to spend more money. The sale is hurting my saving. :roll:
Last edited by legohunter on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:46 am

Ooops. works for me when I buy 1 thing. adding several items will only give discount for the first item. that ok. i have several emails. :-D i want all the architecture sets.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 am

I think autobrick had a good idea about keep the codes inside the forums. Let's make them work for the codes! Although it might encourage more lurkers (i.e. more people who sign up just to see the code), but IMO that's better than people stealing codes and not giving credit. Thanks to Ice for quickly implementing these changes.

I've been meaning to go to B&N to see what they have in-store.

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am

With regards with that copycat blog...well even with an apology he is still lying thru his teeth in some ways. It is such a shame that he actually comes from the same country as I did. :oops:

BN don't send promotional emails with the kids' coupons in it.

If one has been checking BN consistently and already had the promotional code in his email box (since this only come with application of a kids' club membership). The news update would come 2 weeks earlier for the usable coupon issue and even the new release - one would have discovered it a few days earlier before the news came here, if you truly check everyday. The frigate appeared on the 26 July...

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 am

kevin7215 wrote:Looks like every LEGO set I looked at online at BN.com is eligble for coupons. Coupon D4J7V3X is good for 30% off, once per account. I just ordered Alien Mothership and Alien Earth Defense HQ.

Shop Now at Barnes & Nobles
Thanks for your post. :)

Notorious Guf
I'm New !

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by Notorious Guf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 am

I have purchased a number of things from BN in the past with coupons, however with the Kids Club coupons, do you need to be a Kids Club member? I refuse to sign up to BN & will only progress through checkout as a guest, but the coupons seem to work. Am I likely to have my order cancelled?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 am

chongcheng wrote:With regards with that copycat blog...well even with an apology he is still lying thru his teeth in some ways. It is such a shame that he actually comes from the same country as I did. :oops:

BN don't send promotional emails with the kids' coupons in it.

If one has been checking BN consistently and already had the promotional code in his email box (since this only come with application of a kids' club membership). The news update would come 2 weeks earlier for the usable coupon issue and even the new release - one would have discovered it a few days earlier before the news came here, if you truly check everyday. The frigate appeared on the 26 July...
Not many people knew that BN ships worldwide at reasonable shipping rates before. Everyone thought that they only ship to the United States. But ever since we've started promoting more on them last year, there's been a steady increase in talk about BN in other sites and forums.

Everytime a good sale has been front paged, it spreads to other sites within hours. Its good to know that we have such a big influence and impact in the LEGO Online Community, but its also very disappointing to know that only 1/4 of the sites/people actually gives proper credit for sales news. :(

I hope that people are just doing this unconsciously. Everyone here worked very hard in hunting these deals. Its not fair for them to just come and take it and then post it as their own.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 am

hoqon9 wrote:It takes a lot of people's time and effort to make TnB a great site, don't let those sites just steal it.

Back to the bn.com order, just ordered King's Castle from Hong Kong, anyone knows how TAX is calculated? Should i expect a roughly 10% mark-up on the discounted price? Thanks in advance.
I think BN charges what you normally get charged when buying lego in your country. In Canada, BN charges the same amount of tax I buy in a store here.
Notorious Guf wrote:I have purchased a number of things from BN in the past with coupons, however with the Kids Club coupons, do you need to be a Kids Club member? I refuse to sign up to BN & will only progress through checkout as a guest, but the coupons seem to work. Am I likely to have my order cancelled?
You don't need to be a kids club members. Cross your fingers that the deal gets to as few sites as possible before your order gets shipped. Once it ships, its all good. :)