[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Post by kevin7215 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Update 2: Nothing works with the 30% off coupon now except for Cars Big Bentley Bust Out (reg.$69.99). If you use them instores, the 30% off coupon still works.

Update: Now, only these items still work with the 30% off coupon.

Looks like every LEGO set I looked at online at BN.com is eligble for coupons. Coupon D4J7V3X is good for 30% off, once per account. I just ordered Alien Mothership and Alien Earth Defense HQ.

Shop Now at Barnes & Nobles

30% off Online Coupon Codes
  • D4J7V3X (May 30 - August 22)
  • A4N4M4V (July 25 - October 17)
  • K7U8C9M (September 19 - December 13)
  • R4C8K4E (November 14 - February 7)
30% off Instore Coupons (thanks sweener)

tarakou
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on New LEGO Items

Post by tarakou » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:09 pm

doesn't seem to work for the HP stuff :( i guess because it says in the Note that coupons don't apply :( anyone else have this problem?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:54 pm

The deal is mainly 30% off new LEGO products added to the BN.com site. In otherwords, they are the ones that BN forgot to add the restriction.
Hurry before BN discovers it!

Awesome deal on the Republic Frigate. Just ordered mine for $94.64 with shipping and tax to my home. Would have cost $155 plus tax in Canada. Thanks kevin7215 for the heads up! :D

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Just paid $48 for Farnsworth House. Take that, S@H! (I hope everybody remembers to simply search for 'LEGO' on BN's website, because there are many sets that aren't categorized as LEGO, and pretty much all of those qualify for this coupon.)

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:37 pm

OK....when information reaches here, it is near the end of the discounts soon enough. :lol:

Time to hurry up with the purchases

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks for the post kevin7215. Just ordered the Republic Frigate as well... great deal as Ice says!
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Also ordered a Frigate, 94.64 USD Shipped wtih tax, Is alot better than 154.99 CDN without tax or shipping!

Basically saving $60.00+ CDN on this set.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks for posting this, I got a King's Castle. Although I forgot to use my giftcards!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Shijima wrote:Also ordered a Frigate, 94.64 USD Shipped wtih tax, Is alot better than 154.99 CDN without tax or shipping!

Basically saving $60.00+ CDN on this set.
Ya, it works out to be around $90 CAD after currency conversion from USD. Basically, the Canadian currency helped pay off the 5% GST tax. :D

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Too bad they don't stock the Mindstorms set anymore. That was a really sweet deal last time around.

chongcheng
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chongcheng » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Ice wrote:The deal is mainly 30% off new LEGO products added to the BN.com site. In otherwords, they are the ones that BN forgot to add the restriction.
Actually it is not just on newly added BN items. BN removed restrictions on all existing non-licensed themes LEGO Sets and some existing SW sets as well. Things like King's Castle, Police Station, Garmadon Fortress, etc, the coupon can be used.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 pm

That definately cleared things up a bit. Thanks chongcheng!

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I just ordered LEGO 7957 - Sith Nightspeeder

Sub Total: $17.46 (reg. $24.95)
Shipping: $6.48
Tax: $0.87
Total: $24.81

Sweet! This sells here for C$35 + tax.
This is my very first Lego SW set :o

I like the minifigs in this set, and the slope bricks.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 pm

atmail35 wrote:Thanks for posting this, I got a King's Castle. Although I forgot to use my giftcards!
Just a note: a lot of sets were already available for 30% off before today's addition of alien conquest and select star wars. kings castle was one of them. I think this was reported in one of previous posts and I believe there are two active 30% off codes available for kids club so you can double up. sorry I don't have the other code handy but should come up on google.
Last edited by ricefields on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks ricefields. I looked them up in the other BN.com topic and sweener has kindly posted all of them a while ago.
The other active 30% off code right now is A4N4M4V.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Sweet! Glad to see this coupon is back. :D Too bad that '7962 Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers' or '7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator' are not up yet. I'm not a big fan of the Clone Wars so I am not so keen on the Republic Frigate, and nothing else quite interests me.

Ice, have you considered putting the coupon code (just the code) for great deals exclusively inside the forum (not on the front page)? This would drive traffic into the forums and increase the longevity of this code (only members would see it; and I imagine members are more likely than casual visitors to be to loyal to this site and not post coupons on deals sites like redflag, slickdeals, etc). I have nothing against these sites, but the sheer size of their community means that they can wipe out coupons very quickly.

I know there is a bit of a 'lurkers problem' here, which could worsen if you did this, but at least these new members are more likely to contribute to this forum (seeing as they've already signed up). I know you did this before; it what was what got me to finally join TnB.

Now, what should I buy... :D

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm

I too have jumped on the Great Canadian Republic Frigate Train! The amount of money we're all saving off of the CAD MSRP is pretty substantial, to say the least! I'm glad that I've finally been able to take advantage of one of these great deals. Thanks kevin7215 for sharing this!

jhuynh
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jhuynh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks kevin7215 for this info.

For those interested, here are the details (copied straight from BN.com)...

Code: Select all

Store Coupon and Online Coupon Details:

For each new B&N Kids' Club Participant, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.com. To redeem the offer in Barnes & Noble retail stores, the Barnes & Noble Kids' Club Participant must show the BookSeller their valid B&N Member card or B&N Kids' Club loyalty card with the printed e-mail featuring the Welcome Bonus coupon code and corresponding card number on display. To redeem the offer online, enter the coupon code during Checkout.

This coupon is valid from July 25, 2011 to October 18, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time and entitles Barnes & Noble Kids Club Participant to 30% off the List Price on any one (1) of the following qualifying Kids'  products: (i) Children's Books located within the "Barnes & Noble Junior" section of all Barnes & Noble retail stores or navigable from the Kids section of Barnes & Noble.com (excluding all teen books navigable from the Kids or Teens sections), (ii) Toys, (iii) Children's Games, (iv) Children's Puzzles, and (v) Children's Workbooks. The 30% discount will be applied to the most expensive qualifying product in the order. At BN.COM, simply look for the "Kids' Club Eligible" message or the "Barnes and Noble Kids' Club" icon.

If no "List Price" displays on the item's product page, the 30% discount will be applied to the "Online Price." If "List Price" displays on the item's product page and the current "Online Price" provides greater savings than 30% discount, then the "Online Price" will apply.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Membership fees (new or renewal), hardcover and paperback books located outside the BN Jr area at retail Barnes & Noble stores, hardcover and paperback books not navigable from the Kids section of Barnes & Noble.com, hardcover and paperback books navigable from the Teens section of Barnes & Noble.com, Elf on the Shelf items, Cafe items, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), downloadable audiobooks in MP3 or any other format, NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling fees, applicable sales tax, gift-wrapping fees, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon or discount promotion; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites.  BN.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. Void where prohibited by law.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 pm

autobrick wrote: Ice, have you considered putting the coupon code (just the code) for great deals exclusively inside the forum (not on the front page)? This would drive traffic into the forums and increase the longevity of this code (only members would see it; and I imagine members are more likely than casual visitors to be to loyal to this site and not post coupons on deals sites like redflag, slickdeals, etc). I have nothing against these sites, but the sheer size of their community means that they can wipe out coupons very quickly.

I know there is a bit of a 'lurkers problem' here, which could worsen if you did this, but at least these new members are more likely to contribute to this forum (seeing as they've already signed up). I know you did this before; it what was what got me to finally join TnB.
Good idea autobrick. I'm already getting a bit frustrated after seeing another LEGO blog posting this exact same deal and coupon code D4J7V3X a few hours after I've front paged it.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Just know that I and many others appreciate all the hard work you and the team put forward to keep this site up and running.