[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
intromission
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by intromission » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Man, folks on the west coast seem to be having an easier time finding the HP Burrows set. It's weird. When I've looked for it around here (Walmart.com) there are none in the region and I don't think I've seen one at any store for that matter.

Anyone know if it's worth it to check back at a store later in the week and see if other sets are being clearanced as well? There was a HP set in particular I saw at a local store that had 1/4 of wall space down one aisle but it was regular price. Not really a popular set. Seemed ripe for clearance.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:22 pm

tronan wrote:I'd love to find a Slave I, but I can't find stock online and the two Walmart's I went to today didn't have any. Does anyone know of stock somewhere near Chicago?
I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but there was one left at the Vernon Hills WM a couple hours ago. It was in the clearance section but wasn't marked down, so no one was touching it (the set scans at the sale price). That and 1 Big Bentley Bust Out were all they had left, though. Probably wise to call ahead.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm

melsig wrote:
tronan wrote:I'd love to find a Slave I, but I can't find stock online and the two Walmart's I went to today didn't have any. Does anyone know of stock somewhere near Chicago?
I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but there was one left at the Vernon Hills WM a couple hours ago. It was in the clearance section but wasn't marked down, so no one was touching it (the set scans at the sale price). That and 1 Big Bentley Bust Out were all they had left, though. Probably wise to call ahead.
Thanks! I'll call them and check on it - it's not that far for me.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:34 pm

I picked up a Pharoah's Quest pyramid for $49.90 + tax. Thanks to whoever posted this sale. I also saw SW advent calendars but passed on them. I already got one when they first came out.

wagnerml2
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wagnerml2 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I picked up 2 Freeco speeders, 2 police chase, 1 Cars Jet Getaway, 1 Mace Windu, 2 Ploo Koon and 2 PQ Cobra Statues. No Village Mill raids though :(. Would be happy to trade if anyone picked up extra and would be interested in what I got.

Also picked up a Black Pearl at Target for 69.

dirtgypsy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dirtgypsy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:58 pm

zaskar wrote:Just came back from two different Wal-Marts and the amount of clearance was impressive.
Everything was 50% off. A lot of the stuff wasn't marked yet so make sure you scan!

Check the following categories:
Older Star Wars
Ninjago
Kingdoms
Cars 2
Atlantis
Pharaoh's Quest

Specifics:
Star Wars Advent $19.90
8097 Slave One - $39.90
8096 Emperor Palpatine’s Shuttle - $29.90
Old Battle Packs - $5.90
4736 Freeing Dobby - $5.40
4737 Quidditch Match - $9.90
5929 Knight and Castle Building Set - $5.70
6918 Blacksmith Attack - $4.90
7327 Scorpion Pyramid - $49.90
8424 Mater’s Spy Zone - $7.40
8426 Escape at Sea - $7.50
7187 Escape from Dragon's Prison - $9.90
7978 Angler Attack - $9.90

And a ton more!
You are a rock star! After being very disapointed in the online and in store Lego sale I caught your post and took your advice to head out to Wally World. Walked away with 6 sets that my boys have been wanting for a while now!

No HP sets on sale in Forest Grove Walmart though!

Thank you soo much.

clint

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks for the breakdown on the pricing. Picked up a City police boat, Kingdoms King's Carriage, and Star Wars Mace Windu set for $60 total. Those were all sets I know my kids will love, but couldn't justify biting at full price. Half off is a more than fair for all three.

I was tempted by the City of Atlantis and the Pharaoh's Quest Pyramid, but $35 and $50 are pushing the limits of impulse buying for me, and while the sets look nice, we have so many LEGO sets I don't know where I'd put them once assembled.

This was at the Grand Chute, WI store. They had lots of Pharaoh's Quest, and some Star Wars, Kingdoms, Atlantis, Cars, Ninjago, and City on sale. I was surprised the Marina wasn't on sale, because I would like to pick up another and it was one of the few City sets still on the shelves before Christmas. I also would have liked to find another Mill Village Raid, but no luck.

Anyone spotted any Creator on clearance?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:25 am

I got a Sonic Boom for 50% off.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ATXHusker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ATXHusker » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks for the scoops! I was able to get the following:

Wampa Attack
Police Chase
Mace Windu Starfighter
Cars 2 small sets

The biggest head-scratcher for me was that the exclusive Luke's Landspeeder still rang up at full price at 2 of the WMs I visited yesterday!? That's been out for a while now, very strange. Saw a couple Kingdoms, HP & PQ sets on clearance but the boys already had those.

Thanks!

-Chad

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:36 am

WM by me is real ghetto. They had plenty of Advent calendar. Is it even worth getting at $20? It feels like it has nothing in it. The HP sets were mostly beat the hell or ripped into. Does WM ever go to 75% off for clearance on Lego?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:07 am

slacker wrote:WM by me is real ghetto. They had plenty of Advent calendar. Is it even worth getting at $20? It feels like it has nothing in it. The HP sets were mostly beat the hell or ripped into. Does WM ever go to 75% off for clearance on Lego?
I still think when it was sold at 40 it was a good price! Consider it an expensive battlepack, 8 unique minifigures for 20 dollars is a great deal and some of the mini models were clever too. IMHO.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 am

Oh yes, thanks for the person who posted this. My fiance wasn't too happy with all the legos in my cart, but since 80% were going towards after christmas christmas presents she was fine with that. I need a half off icedragon/slave i/kings carriage.

Bleh, even at half off.. these sets will cost us! Wished they had Ventress set and pirates sets half off. They had a black pearl there but it was marked to 99 from 119.. unless that set was just in the wrong spot. I thought it was always naturally 99.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 am

The Sith Nightspeeder with Ventress was one of the half off sets at my local Wal Mart.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:17 am

I stopped by several Walmarts on my way home from Chicago this weekend.....my favorite walmart I think was located in Elk Grove Village lmao....still had Galactic Enforcers at 100....lmao!!!

willu707
I'm New !

Post by willu707 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 am

sadowsk1 wrote:
slacker wrote:WM by me is real ghetto. They had plenty of Advent calendar. Is it even worth getting at $20? It feels like it has nothing in it. The HP sets were mostly beat the hell or ripped into. Does WM ever go to 75% off for clearance on Lego?
I still think when it was sold at 40 it was a good price! Consider it an expensive battlepack, 8 unique minifigures for 20 dollars is a great deal and some of the mini models were clever too. IMHO.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the minifigures from the advent calendar are not unique to this set, except for the Santa Yoda. So it was really 1 unique figure for $$, but I do love my Santa Yoda

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am

Checked the Wal Mart on the other side of town and found a Mill Village Raid.

Interestingly, the Police Prisoner Transport was in stock, but $19.97. Considering that sold for $15 at both Wal Mart and Target for about 2 months leading up to the holidays, I don't think it will go too quickly at MSRP.

Passed again on the City of Atlantis and PQ Pyramid. They're tempting, but I don't really need them and don't have any ideas in mind to MOC with the parts.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:11 pm

willu707 wrote:
sadowsk1 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the minifigures from the advent calendar are not unique to this set, except for the Santa Yoda. So it was really 1 unique figure for $$, but I do love my Santa Yoda
You're right to the fact that Lego Santa Yoda is the only unique to this set. I meant in the way that there were a lot of minifigures that were not as commonplace as a snowtrooper from a battlepack. For some of the sets you would have had to spend a little more to get. I think the pilot has been released in the Tie defender set and the astromech droid was released in the death star. When I think of the cost of minifigures spending a little over 2 dollars a piece is a good deal!

willu707
I'm New !

Post by willu707 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:
willu707 wrote:
sadowsk1 wrote:
You're right to the fact that Lego Santa Yoda is the only unique to this set. I meant in the way that there were a lot of minifigures that were not as commonplace as a snowtrooper from a battlepack. For some of the sets you would have had to spend a little more to get. I think the pilot has been released in the Tie defender set and the astromech droid was released in the death star. When I think of the cost of minifigures spending a little over 2 dollars a piece is a good deal!
I see what you are saying now. I can't wait for next years advent calendar, becuase the box appears to say 2 exclusive minifigures. So with Darth Maul probably being Santa next year, im curious what the other one will be.
Last edited by willu707 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Went looking for a Palpatine's Shuttle & Windu's ship and didn't find either. I did, however, find the last Mill Village Raid for $34.90 and Ninjago spinners for $3.something. Not bad for a last minute lunch outing. So amped for the MVR, $35 is an awesome deal!
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

pokerfool
I'm New !

Post by pokerfool » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:09 pm

I didn't get to go to a walmart until this morning (Tuesday). I was able to pick up an SW advent calendar, Plo Koon's, and Ninjago Skull Truck.

I wish I would have gone out yesterday morning, because their clearance was awesome. Everything else in town was a joke.