[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 am

Found a lonely Cursed Cobra Statue tonight that had a crushed box. I've passed it up a few times at $15, but I wanted to buy some LEGO tonight and this was the only deal to be found so I finally picked it up. The truck and the minifigs are nice, the snake isn't terribly interesting to me, and the parts are just so-so.

Other than that, there was nothing on clearance except a few Ninjago Spinners and one of the formerly $15 Cars sets.

Strangely enough, items that everyone else has reported finding on clearance weren't on sale. The only HP set was Hagrid's Hut, full price. Couple of Alien Conquest sets - full price. All the Pirates sets- still full price. I'd think that eventually they are going to reset to match their new planogram, and I can't believe that a single Harry Potter set is going to be on the planogram, so I don't know why it's still sitting at full retail. Oh well, have to keep an eye on that.

I wish LEGO would open a store around here. Every year from mid-December through January the LEGO aisles are like ghost towns, only a few sets ever make it to clearance and those are usually gone within days. At least if we had a LEGO store, we could find some of the new sets before March.

salty tbone
I'm New !

Post by salty tbone » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:25 am

My nearest Walmart had the new planogram taped on the shelves and I know it had Hagrid's Hut and the $12 HP set. Can't remember if there were any other HP sets. Hagrid minifigure ain't go out like that, it seems.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Found a few AC Motherships, some SW T6 Jedi Shuttles, several SW Advent Calendars, and one PQ Rise of the Sphinx at clearance prices in one Walmart locally in Bakersfield. If anyone is looking for one of these sets let me know and I'll be happy to pick one up and ship it too you at cost +shipping. Just let me know soon as there were only about three of the AC and T6 shuttles left, scanning at $45 each. The SW Advent calendars were still $19 and the PQ set was $25. Oh, yeah I also found a few City Power Boat Haulers for $19 and a few Cars 2 Jet Escapes at $25. Aaaaand a LOT of Kingdoms Blacksmith Attacks for $5. Let me know.

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

At my local Walmarts, I noticed that SW Turbo Tank is ~$90, POTC Isla de Muerta is ~$10, and POTC Black Pearl is $74. The Series 5 figures are still ringing up at MSRP.

I was able to pick up some clearance Legos earlier this week that just randomly showed up on the shelves. These must have been lost in the stockroom or Christmas gift returns.

LegoLee
I'm New !

Post by LegoLee » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Same here, one walmart must have found some full boxes of ninja-go stuff in their warehouse. They had 20ish of the Knuckel vehicle and 8 Ice Dragons - all untouched, brand new, no marks at all on the boxes.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:50 am

Checking out my local Wal-mart later this morning. I do not have high hopes though, it is usually VERY low on stock and picked over, even during non-sales time periods. THanks for the heads up though!

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 am

Anyone in SoCal (IE area) have a Ninjago Ice Dragon, Lightning Dragon, or Fire Temple they would like to trade? I haven't been able to find those anywhere. I have a T-6 Shuttle, Bounty Hunter ship, the big Republic Jedi Cruiser, and some battlepacks I can trade. I also have some other stuff, but can't remember right now.

My local Walmart is cleaned out of Lego, and Target has been picked over of the good stuff. Just the bigger Atlantis and PQ pyramid left as of Thursday...

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

My local Wal-Mart had the Podracers set at 30% off, some red boxed Ninjago stuff at 50% and the Star Wars Advent Calendar at 50%. I passed on all of these. Photos:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-sale-continues-at-wal-mart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JIMIVEGAS
I'm New !

Post by JIMIVEGAS » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 am

i found a walmart here in vegas that had ewok attack for $12. and black pearl for $80. has anyone in vegas found any of the pirate ships for cheaper? and i have not found any slave I sets around town. if anyone around town has an extra, then i'd be glad to pay/trade for it.

doncajun
I'm New !

Post by doncajun » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 am

BU - which walmart was that? I've been looking for the skull truck.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 pm

@doncajun It's in New Jersey

doncajun
I'm New !

Post by doncajun » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Awesome - I'm in NY. Which one was it?

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Bigdaddy, consider it done. I'd pm you, but im apparently too new. If you have a bricklink acct let me know your user and we can make it work through that.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 am

my walmart has started the LEGO reset.

They have black pearls but at full price.
Also Fountain of youth set was marked down to $15, now back to $20.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 am

ncbarrett wrote:my walmart has started the LEGO reset.

They have black pearls but at full price.
Also Fountain of youth set was marked down to $15, now back to $20.
Mine too.
Hoping my slow Wal-mart lowers some 30% off sets to 50% today, but I doubt it.
Everything is resetting, so other than the Advents and Pharaohs, I expect them to return to full price.

maesterjay
Peasant
Peasant

Post by maesterjay » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 pm

I went to walmart today and luckily no reset by me. Picked up 7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter for $19 and 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack for $5. Plus over the weekend i had picked up a 5891 Creator Apple Tree House (1 of the 3 creations looks like the townhouse I live in almost). All awesome 50% off deals and all of them were the very last one's... lucked out the last couple of days!

ps: still waiting for star wars advent calendar to come down from $19

dirtgypsy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dirtgypsy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:47 pm

littletoki wrote:
dirtgypsy wrote:
littletoki wrote:Anyone seeing the Black Pearl on sale AT ALL at Warlmart in Oregon? I went to one on Sunday and it was still at MSRP. Not seeing the 30%.

Also, is this in store only?

I am seeing them pop up right now for $74. Not smokin deal but close to what I would throw down for one. Check Woodburn and Forest Grove

clint

@Clint - seeing them for $74 at Forest Grove Walmart? If so, it might be worth the drive out there. We went to the SE one and almost everything scanned in at MSRP.

last I saw a few weeks back they did. just stopped by mcminnville store on my way home and they had like 20 sets all marked at $74 for black pearl and $90 for queen ann's

clint

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Went to the local Walmart and they've finally put out a few of the new sets. It's minor, but the 2 new creator mini buckets were ringing up at half off(fire truck and sports car). Situation similar to Target polybags after Halloween, I suppose.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Jay and Bigdaddy, please pm me with some other point of contact. I cannot pm yet as I am too new to the forums.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm

There seems to still be some gold (or at least, silver) on the shelves of some Walmarts. Photos from another store with Harry Potter, log cabin and others on the shelves:

http://brickupdate.com/2012-lego-sets-a ... t-walmart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;