[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
octick
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by octick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 am

P&Glegos wrote:First time posting... Love the site.

I found two SW Frigates for $15.00 at a WM in Dallas with a little help from the WM app. First time it's worked accurately for me.
Holy Super Score Lego Batman. My app has never let me down.

Almost all the 2011 Heroica's games are on clearance. I picked up Draida Bay last week for $7 (normally $20) than yesterday at same store found same set for $5. And this morning at a different store, I found it for $2.50. Need to return the other 2 now.

Keep a look out. I missed the opportunity to get Castle Fortaan for $6 as I couldn't remember if we had that one, so when I went back, they all were gone.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 am

octick wrote:
P&Glegos wrote:First time posting... Love the site.

I found two SW Frigates for $15.00 at a WM in Dallas with a little help from the WM app. First time it's worked accurately for me.
Holy Super Score Lego Batman. My app has never let me down.

Almost all the 2011 Heroica's games are on clearance. I picked up Draida Bay last week for $7 (normally $20) than yesterday at same store found same set for $5. And this morning at a different store, I found it for $2.50. Need to return the other 2 now.

Keep a look out. I missed the opportunity to get Castle Fortaan for $6 as I couldn't remember if we had that one, so when I went back, they all were gone.
Is this an android app? All mine does is the same thing as online. Can you get prices at individual stores or just availability?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 am

How do you find clearance stuff with the app?
Last edited by prozac on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

P&Glegos
I'm New !

Post by P&Glegos » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:54 am

I'm using the iPhone app and it isn't that it doesn't work, it's just that WalMarts answer to whether the items are in stock or not isn't always accurate. Fortunately I live in the Dallas area so there are a great many WMs around. I'm currently tracking 15 or so items. I use brickset to get the bar codes and use my iPhone to scan them for the various WMs that I'm willing to visit.

These Frigates weren't marked on the store shelves and showed up as limited availability on the app. Funny that the Frigate was $15, but the Podracers, Sith Infiltrater, etc. are all still at full price. Falcon shows up at $69 and the app says in-stock but nothing on the store shelves and nothing in the back (according to employees).

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am

My app only lets be scan qr codes. I tried a text search for clearance Lego and nothing came up.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 am

prozac wrote:My app only lets be scan qr codes. I tried a text search for clearance Lego and nothing came up.
You are correct. You have to scan the barcodes. So, I used Brickset to make a word document with name and barcodes of all the clearance sets ( :crazy: ). So, I can check in the morning to see if I need to go to a certain store. The pricing is dead on, but keep in mind, their online availability isn't very accurate. But, I have visited each store and know what sets the store are clearancing and approx. how many sets they had when I visited. This gives me a good estimate on what will be there. So if I see the MF for $25 in my app and their online stock checker shows "in stock" or "limited availability", but when I visited that store previously they had none, it might not be worth a long drive for nothing. However, sometimes it is worth a trip when it says "In Stock". You might stumble upon a hidden one or maybe during the reset they moved them in the back temporarily and are now back on the shelves.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 am

I'm confused...so is the ap a pricing ap based on the store?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks Vynsane and others for keeping this thread up!

Pittsburgh area walmarts are stocked with following:

Forest Hills Walmart-
lots of PotC Isle de meuerta , Fountain of Youth, and Whitecap Bay all 30% off.
small selection of cars 2 30% off
several star wars sets 30% off but havent been labeled yet on isle.

Monroeville-
lots of Sith Infiltrators,podracers, republic frigate, and tons of city sets at 30% off (practically whole 2011 line, some 2012)

West Mifflin- not much

havent checked another 1/2 dozen spots.

good luck guys I scored some really good stuff including Millenium Falcons, Black Pearls, Batcaves and batmobiles

ebensburg (out east towards altoona) - lots of friends sets 30% off

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 am

prozac wrote:My app only lets be scan qr codes. I tried a text search for clearance Lego and nothing came up.
Just search for regular lego and add to list. View list when you select store and it will adjust the prices.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 am

Gooker1 wrote:I'm confused...so is the ap a pricing ap based on the store?
If you select a specific store and click "In store now?" it does. If not, it goes with online price or something.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Oddest thing here. Two stores clearance priced a bunch of lego a few days before their clearance resets. Now after the resets, half those sets are no longer clearance priced and did not get moved to clearance section! Had to pull the trigger at 30% for two of them (Mauls Infiltrator and the BatCave)cause they were the last ones and the other store put them back at full msrp! Really weird. Lucked out on the Batcave, cause these had been moved to clearance and even tagged at $50, but rang up at msrp. I pointed out the clearance sticker and the cashier got a manager for an override to honor the clearance sticker, plus $3 more off because of the Walmart pricing accuracy policy, which the cashier pointed out the sticker at her register says that if they mess up on the pricing like that, they are obligated to give another $3 off per the corporate policy. Not the 50% off I was hoping for, but still pretty good. Still a bunch of Cars stuff and a couple of city sets in these clearance sections, but only at 30%. I might pick up a few for parts if they last to 50% or better, which will mean probably next month.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Picked up 2 Grievous sets for $25 each. Found a Fire Boat for $35. Then at another Walmart got 2 Black Pearls for $69.

It seems that all the Walmart stores lately have either finished moving Lego aisles and have now moved stuff to a dedicated clearance aisle or they are in the middle of it.

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:50 pm

OMg gen. grievous which walmart was that?

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 pm

So i went to many walmarts around me in massachusetts.... and all i see are star wars republic frigate 79$, bounty hunter ship 35$, genosian fighter 21$, darth maul ship 49$. Is there any walmart that has these or any other star wars sets for even cheaper?

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 pm

I must be an idiot cause I can't get it to change to the clearance prices. I was at a store looking at their clearance stuff and tried to get it to show on the app but never could.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

ironman617 wrote:OMg gen. grievous which walmart was that?
This was in Blytheville, AR.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 pm

My haul from the Chicago Walmart on North Ave at Cicero...
  • Seven 7964 Republic Frigates at $30 each. (wow, 75% off)
    Three 7965 Millennium Falcon's at $65 each (53% off).
    Even a 7962 Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers at $40 (55% off).
I've been checking stock at local Walmart's and I noticed that a very well stocked store dropped their prices today. When I got there, they had 50 or so lego sets OUTSIDE on tables. Crazy. But the fun didn't really kick in until I got inside and found the stocks on the tops of the shelves and big stash behind the bikes. This store always had good stock but was always full price until today. Lots and lots of other toys on massive clearance there as well. However, not everything was on clearance. They had 10ish Black Pearls, tons of Lighthouses, and at least 8 Sith Infiltrators at full price.

Still lots of things left on clearance there despite my crazy purchase (Police Dog, several space sets, and a bunch of other things) but I blew my whole budget on the SW Legos. It's worth a drive if you're in the area. Thanks for all of the leads, I'm really pleased with these sales. Now I can build some really crazy big things..!

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Just got back from a Wally in Santa Ana, CA (it's cleaned out now sorry) and got lucky since I was passing through the area at just the right time and picked up Podracers 40, Dino T-Rex 25, Marvel Hulk Helicarrier 30, Two LOTR weathertops 20 and wolverines chopper for 13. Since I also picked up a bunch of sets at this same wally last week for 30% off, does anyone know if you can take in your reciept and get the difference back since the sets I purchased are now over 50% off?

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm

tronan wrote:My haul from the Chicago Walmart on North Ave at Cicero...
  • Seven 7964 Republic Frigates at $30 each. (wow, 75% off)
    Three 7965 Millennium Falcon's at $65 each (53% off).
    Even a 7962 Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers at $40 (55% off).
I've been checking stock at local Walmart's and I noticed that a very well stocked store dropped their prices today. When I got there, they had 50 or so lego sets OUTSIDE on tables. Crazy. But the fun didn't really kick in until I got inside and found the stocks on the tops of the shelves and big stash behind the bikes. This store always had good stock but was always full price until today. Lots and lots of other toys on massive clearance there as well. However, not everything was on clearance. They had 10ish Black Pearls, tons of Lighthouses, and at least 8 Sith Infiltrators at full price.

Still lots of things left on clearance there despite my crazy purchase (Police Dog, several space sets, and a bunch of other things) but I blew my whole budget on the SW Legos. It's worth a drive if you're in the area. Thanks for all of the leads, I'm really pleased with these sales. Now I can build some really crazy big things..!

wow....i would buy all their frigates on the spot

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 pm

oh, I did...

my wife said, "all your Lego's are belong to us."
really, that's what she said. she's also the one who found the stash behind the bikes.
But when I asked her what she wanted to do with her 3.5 Frigates, she just laughed at me.