[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by SquareSide » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 am

Wow! I wouldn't mind getting a Frigate for $30 and a Falcon for $65! Good on you sir. I bought my Falcon at $99 and they sold out that day so you just gotta be at the right place and the right time for the crazy clearances. My local WM has a few Frigates and a ton of Podracers ready to be put back on the shelfs after their reset. I'm hoping they can go down to your numbers.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 pm

kwkw wrote:Just got back from a Wally in Santa Ana, CA (it's cleaned out now sorry) and got lucky since I was passing through the area at just the right time and picked up Podracers 40, Dino T-Rex 25, Marvel Hulk Helicarrier 30, Two LOTR weathertops 20 and wolverines chopper for 13. Since I also picked up a bunch of sets at this same wally last week for 30% off, does anyone know if you can take in your reciept and get the difference back since the sets I purchased are now over 50% off?
If its within 7 days and they still have those sets in stock, yes.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 pm

markerpk wrote:
kwkw wrote:Just got back from a Wally in Santa Ana, CA (it's cleaned out now sorry) and got lucky since I was passing through the area at just the right time and picked up Podracers 40, Dino T-Rex 25, Marvel Hulk Helicarrier 30, Two LOTR weathertops 20 and wolverines chopper for 13. Since I also picked up a bunch of sets at this same wally last week for 30% off, does anyone know if you can take in your reciept and get the difference back since the sets I purchased are now over 50% off?
If its within 7 days and they still have those sets in stock, yes.
Thank you for the info. Too bad they're all out of stock, oh well still got a ton of great deals.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:51 pm

My local Wal-Mart didn't have any of the sets mentioned here on sale, but there were plenty of sets with full-price clearance stickers on them in the clearance aisle. :mad:

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 pm

The 2 local Walmart stores here, just THIS week...finally got in LotR and Avengers sets. So it looks like I'll be waiting for Christmas clearance :)

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Picked up 2 Destiny Bounty sets for $54 each and a batcave for $49 today. It's a hard decision wondering if I should buy now or wait for a further discount.

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 am

Prince of Persia Ostrich Race is 30% off on Walmart.com.

ezra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ezra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 pm

has anybody seen drops from 30% to 50% or deeper yet?

ezra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ezra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 pm

ezra wrote:has anybody seen drops from 30% to 50% or deeper yet?
I'm wondering because my local wally's has had sets sitting at 30% for two weeks now.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm

ezra wrote:
ezra wrote:has anybody seen drops from 30% to 50% or deeper yet?
I'm wondering because my local wally's has had sets sitting at 30% for two weeks now.
yeah, santa ana, ca wally had 50-70% off starting like 6-7 days ago, all gone now

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:30 pm

:( just went to my walmart and stuff is still sitting at 30% and no one is buying them.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:01 pm

ironman617 wrote:So i went to many walmarts around me in massachusetts.... and all i see are star wars republic frigate 79$, bounty hunter ship 35$, genosian fighter 21$, darth maul ship 49$. Is there any walmart that has these or any other star wars sets for even cheaper?
It looks like all the Walmarts in the local area are holding steady at 30% off. Where did you see the Sith Infiltrator?

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Most of the Walmarts in my area only price change once a month, so, it might not drop again til beginning of next month. I believe they all get differing amounts of clearance money allocated to them by corporate periodically and that's what these clearance sales are mostly based around. I think the local management has discretion on what they clearance and how much, all within the constraints of the money they have been allocated. The clearance money bit has been verified by some local managers here, but the rest is conjecture based on my own observations and experience, so don't quote me on that. It does seem to make sense though.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Folks, there is no guarantee that these sets will drop further, this is Wal Mart, not Target. Some Wal Marts will, but there are plenty that won't cut these prices further. Heck, I was in a Wal Mart in rural Wisconsin last week that still has the Star Wars Advent calendar from last year at $19.99, which is the same 50% off price it's been at since the week after Christmas.

I'd say the number of Wal Marts that will further discount already discounted toys is about equal to the number that will mark the price back up to MSRP. Another rural Wal Mart I visited has two Space Police sets sitting on the clearance shelves at MSRP, despite the fact that the boxes have so much shelf wear that nobody is likely to buy it at anything close to that. I'm sure if you ask a manager they'd knock off the typical 10%, but hardly worth the bother.

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Mantisking wrote:
ironman617 wrote:So i went to many walmarts around me in massachusetts.... and all i see are star wars republic frigate 79$, bounty hunter ship 35$, genosian fighter 21$, darth maul ship 49$. Is there any walmart that has these or any other star wars sets for even cheaper?
It looks like all the Walmarts in the local area are holding steady at 30% off. Where did you see the Sith Infiltrator?
Many of the southern mass walmarts have them but youre better off buying it from amazon for the same price and pay no tax or shipping and save the trip to travel to walmart.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:24 am

Still at 30% here.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:06 am

Picked up a 4436 - Patrol Car for $4. Some other sets I haven't seen clearanced at 30%, but mostly small 2011 creator sets.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am

Picked up a couple Black Pearls for $55. Not too bad. Sadly they're all gone now though. They did have one Cars set and the London Escape from POTC for 30% off. It was the Wal Mart in Paramount off Washington.

Any SoCal'ers interested in trading clearance for clearance, PM me. :)

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:24 pm

the walmarts here finally started clearance, but it was a measly 30% off the pearl, darthmaul sith ship and the big dino base

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 pm

meyerc13 wrote:Folks, there is no guarantee that these sets will drop further, this is Wal Mart, not Target. Some Wal Marts will, but there are plenty that won't cut these prices further.
Very true. I have seen plenty of examples where the same items sit on the shelf for ages with no price reduction, even during clearance sales and then just vanish after a reset. For any that are reading my posts, bear in mind that I am basing all of my findings off of observations from the 4 walmarts in my area only. These same findings will not likely hold true for the walmarts in your area. Heck, even the stores here are not consistent in pricing and clearance habits. I just happen to check all of them to find the best deals when I know it's around clearance time. I have even run in to some seemingly random clearance prices here and there that are not reported in any other areas, so it is all very ymmv. Just cause it happens at one store here doesn't mean it will happen in even one more store anywhere else. As always, happy hunting!