[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by Nepenthe7 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 pm

kwkw wrote:Just got back from a Wally in Santa Ana, CA (it's cleaned out now sorry) and got lucky since I was passing through the area at just the right time and picked up Podracers 40, Dino T-Rex 25, Marvel Hulk Helicarrier 30, Two LOTR weathertops 20 and wolverines chopper for 13. Since I also picked up a bunch of sets at this same wally last week for 30% off, does anyone know if you can take in your reciept and get the difference back since the sets I purchased are now over 50% off?
Usually, Walmart doesn't price match... You would have to return and then rebuy [but they put it in the customer service area to be restocked later, meaning you probably won't find it again...someone elsewould surely grab it up at the lower price.]

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Nepenthe7 wrote:
kwkw wrote:Just got back from a Wally in Santa Ana, CA (it's cleaned out now sorry) and got lucky since I was passing through the area at just the right time and picked up Podracers 40, Dino T-Rex 25, Marvel Hulk Helicarrier 30, Two LOTR weathertops 20 and wolverines chopper for 13. Since I also picked up a bunch of sets at this same wally last week for 30% off, does anyone know if you can take in your reciept and get the difference back since the sets I purchased are now over 50% off?
Usually, Walmart doesn't price match... You would have to return and then rebuy [but they put it in the customer service area to be restocked later, meaning you probably won't find it again...someone elsewould surely grab it up at the lower price.]
No, they do have a 7 day price match policy. However, only at the store the item was purchased from, only with the original receipt, and only if they still have the item in stock. If they are out of stock, no dice. If you do not have your original receipt, no dice. If it is not the same store that the item was purchased from, you guessed it, no dice.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 pm

markerpk wrote:
Nepenthe7 wrote:
No, they do have a 7 day price match policy. However, only at the store the item was purchased from, only with the original receipt, and only if they still have the item in stock. If they are out of stock, no dice. If you do not have your original receipt, no dice. If it is not the same store that the item was purchased from, you guessed it, no dice.
Thank you, they did price match for me without checking to see if the sets were in stock (they weren't), they only checked if my reciept was within 7 days, so I got the difference back. :-D

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Ppl have slowly bought the Frigates at mine(1 left now) but not the other SW sets at 30%. Still holding out hope for 50% on the Podracers but if they start to dwindle as well than I'll just have to buy one I guess. :think: My store did reduce the POTC sets to 50% a month or two ago after they were 30%. The Mill was at $20. So we'll see if 50% is again possible...

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 pm

kwkw wrote: they did price match for me without checking to see if the sets were in stock (they weren't), they only checked if my reciept was within 7 days, so I got the difference back. :-D
Nice! Good for you! I'll have to try it again with a different csr next time. The one that was processing mine seemed a little too concerned with being exact.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 pm

markerpk wrote:
kwkw wrote: they did price match for me without checking to see if the sets were in stock (they weren't), they only checked if my reciept was within 7 days, so I got the difference back. :-D
Nice! Good for you! I'll have to try it again with a different csr next time. The one that was processing mine seemed a little too concerned with being exact.
Try to go at peak hours when it's super busy so then the csr will be less likely to check everything closely as they will be more inclined to move the long cs line as fast as possible. Good luck!

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Does anyone know how long after they put things on clearance until they reduce prices further?

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I know it took the black pearls 2 weeks to go from 69 to 55

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 pm

They are still $69 here :(

newf
Peasant
Peasant

Post by newf » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 pm

North Haven, ct walmart.
I grabbed LOTR Helms deep for 86 bucks.
No clearance stocker but it scanned 86. needless to say it was a day to buy a new lego set
:)
I think there was one left
Cheers

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 am

So after having 1 Black Pearl left my Walmart now has 4 again and at $69 still. Must of found some in the back or something...? Strange. I might buy another if they go down further. Frigates are now gone. I picked up Pirates Fountain of Youth for the Barbossa fig at $15 and looks like it has a different Jack Sparrow fig. They were slowly dwindling. Now if only the Podracers would go to around $40. :mrgreen:

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am

School supply shopping by the wife led to me scoring a Genosoian Starfighter for $17 yesterday. There were about 3 pod racers for $50, several Alien Conquest copters for $20 (got mine last week at $25), 2 $40 fire stations, and a $40 space center. I went to scan a Falcon & there was a Frigate behind it, but still scanned $70. Some one probably thought they were slick & hid it, but the Falcons aren't on clearance there so it never got marked down. I'd have snagged it for $40 or 50. Gonna swing by another before going to see Phish today.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:59 am

kwkw wrote: Try to go at peak hours when it's super busy so then the csr will be less likely to check everything closely as they will be more inclined to move the long cs line as fast as possible. Good luck!
The only time in the world this advice has ever been given, but I agree it's a good plan...still makes my heart rate double just to think about purposely going into WalMart when it's crowded. ;-)

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 am

The only thing I have found worth noting was 8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer for $16.00.
That was after hitting about 10 Wal-Marts.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am

solo606 wrote:The only thing I have found worth noting was 8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer for $16.00.
That was after hitting about 10 Wal-Marts.
Seriously? I haven't seen one on a shelf since 2010. That is like an ultimate find as I had to get mine off eBay.

I am really getting frustrated with Wallies inventory checker that say they have something "In Stock" but unable to find it anywhere in store. Finally, I found one of the items after checking deals at that store for 2 weeks as it has always said, "In Stock". So the one time I am not looking out for it, I walk by it a half dozen times looking for other deals. Right before I leave, I glance at it, start walking away, synapses try to connect the dots, and it clicks. WTF? THERE IT IS!!! All I can think is they had them in the back while resetting.

Of course, I never found the item I was there for. :crazy:

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 pm

So went in to North Kingstown Wal-Mart to see of the HP Small Hogwarts had gone down yet. Alas, no, but they had some stuff for clearance. Some in the regular spaces with a traditional price tag ending in "00", some in the Garden supply section.

Forgive me, but I don't follow either LOTR or SW, so may have made some mistakes there...there were a few sets that I don't remember the prices for but if in the area, there seemed to be some good sets there.

Wethertop: 45
Mines of Moria: 54
Geonesian Star fighter: ?
Friends little sets: 4.50
HP Small Hogwarts: 35
Batman two-face chase: 40
Glove World: 13
Heroic Heroes: 11
Safari and Police building set: 7
Creator Dinosaurs: 13
few Dino,few cars, AC sets, 30% I think

These things were marked down, but not on shelf
Helms deep 86

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 pm

At least in our area, this topic is likely dead...

Walmart rolled the prices back... right back to MSRP, and killed the clearance section to put up autumn/fall items. Moved all Lego that was starting to get to clearance section back to Lego in toys. BP = MSRP. Only 'clearance' items were two of the HP sets (bus & castle) both a whopping 20% off. Yippee - be still my beating heart [/sarcasm off].

Good luck to everyone else. Enjoy - Bob (and crew)

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 pm

I lucked out and scored 3 Mines of Moria for $28 each! 1 for my kids to open, one to keep boxed for my collection, and one for a gift. No more left on the shelf that I could see.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Galahad2309 wrote:I lucked out and scored 3 Mines of Moria for $28 each! 1 for my kids to open, one to keep boxed for my collection, and one for a gift. No more left on the shelf that I could see.
Yeah, that is an awesome lucky find! My best Wally Clearance finds have been a Quinjet Battle for$25, Two-Face Chase for $25, and a SW podracers for$40. Hoping I'll see another price drop next week, but not holding my breath.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:36 pm

markerpk wrote:
Galahad2309 wrote:I lucked out and scored 3 Mines of Moria for $28 each! 1 for my kids to open, one to keep boxed for my collection, and one for a gift. No more left on the shelf that I could see.
Yeah, that is an awesome lucky find! My best Wally Clearance finds have been a Quinjet Battle for$25, Two-Face Chase for $25, and a SW podracers for$40. Hoping I'll see another price drop next week, but not holding my breath.
Which CA store is this?