Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ISDAvenger
I'm New !

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by ISDAvenger » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 pm

pabelanger wrote:Scored a used 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer for $125, no box, today.

Good grief, how the heck did you manage that? New or old gray?

pabelanger
I'm New !

Post by pabelanger » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:46 pm

New, 08 I think. Local classifies had it listed, drove 2 hours for it :)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 am

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Got some Friends polybags 70% off at Target. (Valentines Clearance) I believe they were the Ice Cream stand and the picnic.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 am

I think this is good deal.
I received 27 various Chima figures complete with Weapons and their Armor/cloaks ect.
All in Mint condition for 100 shipped.

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am

Just picked up 51lbs of loose lego for $20.... I can't wait to go through it. I know there's MB in there, but i also see allot of SW minifigs, indiana Jones sets and a few city sets...

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am

countryboy wrote:Just picked up 51lbs of loose lego for $20.... I can't wait to go through it. I know there's MB in there, but i also see allot of SW minifigs, indiana Jones sets and a few city sets...

Holy crap , Flea Market?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Not a terribly great deal, but just purchased a 10181 Eiffel Tower and 10177 Boeing Dreamliner for $550.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:
countryboy wrote:Just picked up 51lbs of loose lego for $20.... I can't wait to go through it. I know there's MB in there, but i also see allot of SW minifigs, indiana Jones sets and a few city sets...

Holy crap , Flea Market?
Online via kijiji (cl equivalent in canada). I think the seller just wanted it out of the house. Crazy thing is that i was ready to pay up to $200!! But when she told me how much i had to hold back my excitement as i said sure. :)

bamtheosg
I'm New !

Post by bamtheosg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:I think this is good deal.
I received 27 various Chima figures complete with Weapons and their Armor/cloaks ect.
All in Mint condition for 100 shipped.
Just out of curiousity, shipped from where?

LegoLee
I'm New !

Post by LegoLee » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

Went to a local Walmart Thursday after work. They have a cheap kids aisle behind the lego aisle where everything is like a dollar or two, very cheap , thrown all over the place, etc. Well I'm guessing either an employee wasn't paying attention to the signs or forgot to change it but on the powerpanel endcap of that aisle was a big sign for $1.50 ... and underneath a bright yellow display unit of series 9 lego figures! Needless to say they didn't scan at $1.50 ($2.97 i believe) so went to see a CSM. They said they would honor the price as it was their mistake. Grabbed all they had, some 100 bags! ;-)

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Sale, "Entertainment" Book Coupons, and Earning & Using VIP points(had to be 3 transactions to use the coupons) equals: 4 Winter Villages and 19 Series Nine Minifigures for $210.00.
Last edited by NIGELTTF on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

leppg
Peasant
Peasant

Post by leppg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:08 pm

^^ seriously all 100? Greedy much? Not something I would publicly brag about.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 pm

leppg wrote:^^ seriously all 100? Greedy much? Not something I would publicly brag about.
What's the difference in purchasing a "box" from Amazon vs one at Walmart / Target at a discount? 100 is not really not even that many, especially if you are an army builder.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

leppg
Peasant
Peasant

Post by leppg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:21 am

If There we're 1000 available sure, taking every single one and leaving none is the part that gets me. Especially since he took 100. Wouldn't mind if he found 10 and took them all but 100 if really more than anyone needs. And don't tell me he's an army builder because he didn't feel and choose.

Toltec
I'm New !

Post by Toltec » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 am

leppg wrote:If There we're 1000 available sure, taking every single one and leaving none is the part that gets me. Especially since he took 100. Wouldn't mind if he found 10 and took them all but 100 if really more than anyone needs. And don't tell me he's an army builder because he didn't feel and choose.
No one else would have received the deal in this case. Walmart would have moved them after he took what he wanted. Might as well take them all as no one else could get the deal anyway.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:24 pm

leppg wrote:^^ seriously all 100? Greedy much? Not something I would publicly brag about.
Its a forum thread to brag about getting great deals...calling people greedy in here is kinda silly honestly.
If it offends your sensiblities people take advantage of deals this part of the forum probably isnt for you.

leppg
Peasant
Peasant

Post by leppg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm pretty sure this forum isn't about people taking advantage of deals and leaving none for anybody else.

I do get the point that in this case no one else was likely to get the deal but I am pretty sure the outcome would have been the same if it was not a mistake by the store.

If you guys feel like it is acceptable to total advantage of a good deal leaving nothing for anyone else then I will probably be reluctant to post any good deals that I find on here in the future.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm

leppg wrote:If you guys feel like it is acceptable to total advantage of a good deal leaving nothing for anyone else then I will probably be reluctant to post any good deals that I find on here in the future.
The forum is to help people find deals. Its up to individuals as to what to do with this knowledge. If you're serious about not posting deals you find, but you intend to continue benefitting from others' information, you would be worse than any "deal hog".

Additionally, in this case specifically, the deal was time sensitive. As soon as someone gets the CSR to match the incorrect price for any number of figs, whether 1 or 100, an employee would move the remaining figs to their correct place. So I say good on the guy for getting that kind of deal out of Walmart. Not to mention this thread specifically is for "bragging".

The only time I can see there being an issue is if someone purposefully buys an excess amount of product for a given deal/sale with the intent being to deprive the rest of us. I can't think of a person on these forums who is like that though. If you want 100 for yourself, whether to keep or to sell/invest, thats entirely your business, not mine. If you took 100 just because you're a jerk and didnt want me to have any... well, you're a jerk.

LegoLee
I'm New !

Post by LegoLee » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Who in their right mind would leave minifigs on the shelf for half price and waste their time finding which ones they want. They havent been released long and yet have been discontinued already with series 10 rumours already out in Hungary. Its a great series (in my opinion), especially for army builders with the knights, cyclops, forest maidens and some great other figures as well. PS, another Walmart cleared theirs out this week for 50c a piece and guess what...i bought the lot as well ;-)