Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by brickmont13 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:Well , god I hope its legit and I don't get F'D over with a box of rocks. Her feedback good and she sells regularly.
What do you guys think? I had wanted this for my son and it hopefully works out ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251337770177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It looks legit, the seller has positive feedback and has sold other pricey items. It says "Brand new - Never opened" but don't be surprised if there is shelf damage, scratches, or stickers on the box.

It sounds like you got a sweet deal, I hope everything works out.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 am

Mrbill317 wrote:Well , god I hope its legit and I don't get F'D over with a box of rocks. Her feedback good and she sells regularly.
What do you guys think? I had wanted this for my son and it hopefully works out ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251337770177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only thing I see that's suspicious is her line in the description: 'What happens when you buy a Death Star and forget to give it as a gift?' How can you forget about a gift that big???

Anyhow, with her feedback of 50 and 100% positive, I would not be afraid of bidding on her items. You got a good deal there.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 am

crewser wrote:
Mrbill317 wrote:Well , god I hope its legit and I don't get F'D over with a box of rocks. Only thing I see that's suspicious is her line in the description: 'What happens when you buy a Death Star and forget to give it as a gift?' How can you forget about a gift that big???
a good deal there.
To answer your question: Wealth. Living in multiple home(a jet setter) or some sort of family crisis came up, such as a funeral...and things like that are not thought about.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am

Yeah, people are insane. My mom isn't wealthy but she has a shopping problem and loses gifts in the basement all the time.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am

There is nothing wrong with hoarding legos in the basement! If I see a set that I don't already own that is at least 50% off, I am buying it and storing it in my basement!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 pm

krayzie wrote:There is nothing wrong with hoarding legos in the basement! If I see a set that I don't already own that is at least 50% off, I am buying it and storing it in my basement!

It's not just LEGOs. She gave me something for Easter that she is like "I bought it at the beach, you wanted it at the time". I wanted it 10+ years ago. She does that with baby crap too and just goes "Well I hope someone has a boy so I can give them this". :crazy:

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:31 pm

krayzie wrote:There is nothing wrong with hoarding legos in the basement! If I see a set that I don't already own that is at least 50% off, I am buying it and storing it in my basement!
Only thing wrong with storing stuff in the basement would be a flood. But of course any number of natural disasters can do damage to multiple places in a house so no area is truly safe. I have a friend that had thousands of dollars in collectible model trains destroyed when a contractor damaged a water line near him and flooded his basement. Insurance only covered a small fraction of the value.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Our basement gets wet, but never floods, the floor just gets wet once and awhile.

I bought the Spiderman set 76005 for $35.16 shipped to my house, can't wait to get the parts to the building and minifigures.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 am

I was looking through the Clearance aisles last night at one of my local Walmarts and stumbled across a couple of sets that were too good to pass up. I found 5984 Lunar Limo for $19.00 and 5982 Smash'n'Grab for $9.00.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:52 pm

That Death Star Deal was legit. It came in the original lego store shipping box and invoice.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:18 am

Be careful, sounds like it could be a drop shipper.... Someone using someone else's stolen cc to make the order and ships it directly to the buyer, which can get you banned from ordering at shop at home once the cc holder disputes the charge.

Check the name / address on the order. See if it matches with the eBay seller info. If it doesn't match you might consider callin Lego and
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Check the shipping label on the outside of the shipping box. If it's from Lego (and not a person's home address) then it's a dropship scam and someone's credit card was just used fraudulently.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:18 am

I was at Barns & Noble last night and they had some Lego stuff in the 50% off bin. I saw a couple darth vader night lights, push button lights, a few watches, and a bunch of the ninjago battle cases. Your store will defiantly vary on the products available, but I've never seen this magical 50% off bin at B&N before so I wanted to give a heads up. They might be trying to clear shelves....

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Luciant wrote:Be careful, sounds like it could be a drop shipper.... Someone using someone else's stolen cc to make the order and ships it directly to the buyer, which can get you banned from ordering at shop at home once the cc holder disputes the charge.

Check the name / address on the order. See if it matches with the eBay seller info. If it doesn't match you might consider callin Lego and

Nope , mailing address on original invoice was her and it was from last year. She put the lego box in another box to ship to me so it came from her not Lego.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Got lucky at Walmart. Picked up Ninjago Temple of Light 70505 for $28 ($70 orig), Friends Dolphin Cruiser 41015 for $40 ($70 orig), and Star Wars Cloud Car Planet 9678 for $4 ($10 orig)! The Dolphin Cruiser was a big surprise. I guess they needed the shelf space. That aisle is packed.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Nice finds.

I just built my BttF set I got for $28. I like it, but it's really only a $25 set in my mind.

mitre10
I'm New !

Post by mitre10 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi, I think it's my first time posting on here! I found the creator treehouse on amazon for 16.95 shipped and the small cottage for 17.17 shipped. My son loved the tree house today at TRU w/ its overinflated $35 price tag, so was happy to find it for half price.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:15 am

I picked up a bunch of sets at TRU the other day. I had a 15% off Clearance coupon and a 20% off transaction coupon. They were running 20% off on selected Lego lines and a BOGO50% on Kre-O. I bought 30166 Robin & Redbird (40 pcs.), 30167 Iron Man vs. Drone (24 pcs.), 40077 Geoffrey (90 pcs.), 4434 Tipper truck (222 pcs.), Battleship Battle Base (355 pcs.), and Star Trek Jellyfish (42 pcs.) for $57.25. That comes out to $0.07 per piece.

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 pm

First of all many thanks to the community, there are so many helpful sales and tips here.

Not sure if it's a great deal and kind of odd. I went to Target to day to see if they would honor price match on the Amazon sales posted (they didn't) but I found a set on the clearance I never seen before. Red Five X Wing Starfighter set 10240 for 139.99 down from 199.99. I wasn't actively looking for the set but seeing the 1559 piece count and the detail I couldn't pass it up and am quite happy finding it.
I find it odd that they would mark it down so much and am still do not know much about the set. The tag says "Online Item", so maybe someone ordered it and changed their mind?

Is this a very good find or pretty average? Either way I just made someone's Christmas morning for sure!

I was pretty excited and am new to the site, looking forward to being part of the community!
Oh I'll try to post pictures if it is allowed.

zskid00
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zskid00 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 am

I'm sure somebody returned it to the store and they marked it down immediately to move it since they don't stock those sets in Target retail stores. You got a great deal!