Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
StClair
Count
Count

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by StClair » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Legomom2009 wrote:Found the lego city space center (3368) for $34 at my local Walmart. Does anyone know if this is a good set/price? I buy sets for my son to play with so does anyone know if this is a set that is good for play or is it more of a display set?
US retail price is $69.99. It appears to be a retired set (no longer in production) but ToysRUs still has them available online with current price of $89.99.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:13 am

Legomom2009 wrote:Found the lego city space center (3368) for $34 at my local Walmart. Does anyone know if this is a good set/price? I buy sets for my son to play with so does anyone know if this is a set that is good for play or is it more of a display set?
I like the set. There is a rover thing, the rocket is very fly around the house, can pretend to launch it. It depends on if your son likes science and NASA. I got it for Christmas, but I'm 20+ years older than I'm guessing your sun is. :lol:

Legomom2009
I'm New !

Post by Legomom2009 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 am

Thanks for all the info. I think my son will like it because he does love rockets. I am glad to hear that it is playable as some of the sets he has are not so much. My son is 4 1/2 but has been lego crazy for about a year now. He manages sets under 500 pieces fairly well with us helping as needed, so this is right at his limit of both skill and patience.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Legomom2009 wrote:Thanks for all the info. I think my son will like it because he does love rockets. I am glad to hear that it is playable as some of the sets he has are not so much. My son is 4 1/2 but has been lego crazy for about a year now. He manages sets under 500 pieces fairly well with us helping as needed, so this is right at his limit of both skill and patience.
The action themes are more play friendly. The Chima set Worriz's Combat Lair (70009) is only $36 at Target.com, still in stock and can be combined with the BOGO40% so you can get two for like $60, and return one, or try to find a set only slightly cheaper. I ended up buying it (and the gorilla mech) because of this video review...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYBfu1XgkoI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The thing has two claw bikes in the front, the helicopter, the jail cell, the main wolf tank thing and six mini figures.

Back to the space set...

The rock has some playability for a City set, and a lot more playability than say "Go get the robber" which is what most have become. The rocket is pretty well built, there is a Technic piece that goes through it to make sure it doesn't fall apart while playing. You can launch one astronaut (there is a man and a female) or the satellite. The tower is the main build and has an elevator that raises the astronaut or the satellite. There is a hose to fill the rocket, a countdown clock area(you hit the numbers down), and the little building to watch the liftoff from. There is also the rocket rover/carrier that you can roll around the baseplate (might be one of the last sets to ever con tai la baseplate.) that moves the rocket into place and then there are Techinic pins that lock it in place so when you want to launch the carrier stays in place.

I really like the elevator, it's simple and to the point, but works really well.

But I'm almost 25 years older than your son, so what do I know about children. :lol:

steveokur
I'm New !

Post by steveokur » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

Huge find in my local Target today:

10229 Winter Village Cottage
10235 Winter Village Market

Cost was $50 each. These are not sold in stores and had a price sticker that said Online Product.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am

steveokur wrote:Huge find in my local Target today:

10229 Winter Village Cottage
10235 Winter Village Market

Cost was $50 each. These are not sold in stores and had a price sticker that said Online Product.
Weird thing was I saw a Vampire Castle in the clearance section, but wasn't ringing up. I was seeing if I could get it at some clearance price(30% would be fine) They decided $180.00 for it when I took it up to the customer service area. Dumb manager, you could have had $70.00, but instead you decided "salvage" was the way to go.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:43 pm

I got all this from a coworker that is cleaning out. I'm still sorting through everything, but so far I've found some SW, Batman, and Spiderman parts. I've also found found Mega Bloks, Tente, and Cobi bricks. I'd never even heard of those last two. I can't wait to finish sorting everything so I can start recreating the sets. My son is having fun building Emmets from all the minifig parts :-)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 pm

condor wrote:I've also found found Mega Bloks, Tente, and Cobi bricks. I'd never even heard of those last two.
If you don't want these pieces I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

Noblebrick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Noblebrick » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

After years of hearing about odd WM clearances on NEW releases, I finally came across one of my own. Saw 6 boxes of the new Chima Legend Beasts in the clearance section, I scanned one on a whim... $2 each! Needless to say that was $12 I didn't mind parting with :)

thekindred
I'm New !

Post by thekindred » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Shocked to find a 2260 Ninjago ice dragon attack sitting on a shelf at walmart picked it up for $11

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 am

Mantisking wrote:
condor wrote:I've also found found Mega Bloks, Tente, and Cobi bricks. I'd never even heard of those last two.
If you don't want these pieces I'd be willing to take them off your hands.
Yeah, I'll let you know. I still have a bunch to go through and I want to see if I have any complete Tente sets since they look pretty cool.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:10 am

Mantisking wrote:If you don't want these pieces I'd be willing to take them off your hands.
condor wrote:Yeah, I'll let you know. I still have a bunch to go through and I want to see if I have any complete Tente sets since they look pretty cool.
No problem. Congrats on the haul.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 am

I was able to get the Jek 14 Starfighter (75018) for $35+tax at walmart today. They had the AT-TE's, but those were $60. They also had the batman tumbler chase, which was on a clearance shelf but scanned at $40.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:05 pm

tensider wrote:They also had the batman tumbler chase, which was on a clearance shelf but scanned at $40.
Yeah. You got to love Walmart 'clearance'. :lol:

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
tensider wrote:They also had the batman tumbler chase, which was on a clearance shelf but scanned at $40.
Yeah. You got to love Walmart 'clearance'. :lol:
Yep, Jabba's Barge scanning at $120 forever.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 am

Does WallyWorld have a schedule for when their clearance stuff drops to a new price tier? I'm a n00b when it comes to their habits.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

tensider wrote:Does WallyWorld have a schedule for when their clearance stuff drops to a new price tier? I'm a n00b when it comes to their habits.
Nope. Target normally does it on Thursdays. Walmart is really random and a lot of the time the items go into clearance but never actually get cheaper.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Got five 76008 Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown for $7.00 each and two 79108 Stagecoach Escape for $18.90 each at two different K-Marts.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Batman wrote:Got five 76008 Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown for $7.00 each and two 79108 Stagecoach Escape for $18.90 each at two different K-Marts.

That Iron Man set was still $8.60 even with the 30% off.

I was at TRU and they have some color based clearance sale. Blue is 50% off and green is 40% off. There was of course no LEGO but in the video game section there was some DS stuff. So I found some LEGO DS game cases that you can build on and a DS pen that has a 2x2 brick on the top you can build on. More importably the sets came with mini figures. So I got Harry Potter for 50 cents and Jack Sparrow for $3.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
Batman wrote:Got five 76008 Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown for $7.00 each and two 79108 Stagecoach Escape for $18.90 each at two different K-Marts.

That Iron Man set was still $8.60 even with the 30% off.

I was at TRU and they have some color based clearance sale. Blue is 50% off and green is 40% off. There was of course no LEGO but in the video game section there was some DS stuff. So I found some LEGO DS game cases that you can build on and a DS pen that has a 2x2 brick on the top you can build on. More importably the sets came with mini figures. So I got Harry Potter for 50 cents and Jack Sparrow for $3.
The first K-Mart had them for $7, the second K-Mart had it for $8.60