Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:42 am

That is amazing that someone put pack something that said LEGO on in. :)

Savers is great, I used to get some decent clothing there for $8, whomever put that price on it is an idiot. I mean stuffed animals go for even more than that.

sgogeta4
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sgogeta4 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Got a polybag at Target for $0.34, regular price $3.49.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Star Wars Death Star: Final Duel for $52 (retail 79.99). It wasn't a set that I planned to buy but I did plan to purchase the Emperor minifig and the new version of Darth Vader on the ebay or bricklink. At that price with additional Luke, 2x Imperial guards and parts I couldn't pass it up.
Found it at Bargain Hunt, a local store that sells scratch and dent and closeout items. Box was damaged but it has 6x numbered bags, instructions and stickers. Hoping its all there.

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:28 pm

Recently visited my folks and checked out my honey hole. This Walmart has always had some great deals at 59% off or more. This time however,they had one set each of the Avengers Avenjet Space Mission and Skyhigh Battle marked 35% off. Why these sets were marked off (no open package no package damage) is beyond me, as there were still the same sets on shelf at regular price.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 pm

mickey223 wrote:Recently visited my folks and checked out my honey hole. This Walmart has always had some great deals at 59% off or more. This time however,they had one set each of the Avengers Avenjet Space Mission and Skyhigh Battle marked 35% off. Why these sets were marked off (no open package no package damage) is beyond me, as there were still the same sets on shelf at regular price.
Was this in London? Nice finds

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:39 pm

No, I rarely stop at the London or somerset.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:01 pm

This morning I found two Quinjet City Chase (76032) for $19 each at Wal-Mart.

GoldenBricks
Peasant
Peasant

Post by GoldenBricks » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:33 am

Found and purchased several of the Friends Dolphin Cruiser's #41015 at $19.00 each at a local Walmart. I had been watching them at this Walmart because they had over 60+ of them for a long time. I was expecting them to maybe eventually go down to 1/2 price at $35.00 each but not 1/4 of the price at $19.00 each.

I think the only reason they had these left is because they were high up on top of a shelf where you needed a ladder to get to them.

Jim.

ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Well, this isn't comparable to some people's sales, but I got a Heartlake Grand Hotel for half-off at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:27 am

I picked up a 75100 First Order Snowspeeder for $30.00 the other day at the Walmart in Framingham, MA.

RobertSmutylo
I'm New !

Post by RobertSmutylo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:53 am

I bought 2 crushed boxes of 75101 First Order Special Force Tie Fighters in a Ohio Walmart today. MSRP $70, I got each for $35 after talking with a manager!

mickey223
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mickey223 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:20 am

In November I bought the Lego Dimensions ps4 and all the packs out at the time during their bogo 1/2 off promo. I purchased a few other lego sets and then signed up for their credit card for an additional 15% off. All together the total price was a little over $500. When I got my credit card, i intended to pay it off. I created an account and saw a zero balance. I then logged in with the temporary card number and had a zero balance. I waited a month and checked both card numbers again, zero balance. I then contacted the store and spoke with the manager, since the store is 6 hours away (we were visiting relatives) I gave him the id info from the receipt. He could find no record of the transaction. Its now April and I received my statement again today with zero balance no transactions. I made the call to the card company which once again said it was a problem on the stores end. I have called the store and once again told it was a problem on the cards in.

After six months of calling every month, I have decided to quit calling and just accept that my kids were very happy at Christmas.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:17 am

Yay for a nice store screw up! :lol:

ckleinhans
I'm New !

Post by ckleinhans » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:46 am

StClair wrote:Star Wars Death Star: Final Duel for $52 (retail 79.99). It wasn't a set that I planned to buy but I did plan to purchase the Emperor minifig and the new version of Darth Vader on the ebay or bricklink. At that price with additional Luke, 2x Imperial guards and parts I couldn't pass it up.
Found it at Bargain Hunt, a local store that sells scratch and dent and closeout items. Box was damaged but it has 6x numbered bags, instructions and stickers. Hoping its all there.
Nice find! That place can be so great!
I normally haven't been into Lego Trains but, last week my Bargain Hunt had 10233 Horizon Express for $125 - checked the online price and decided to pull the trigger. Went back this week and they had 4 MORE for $79 - all of them have pristine boxes. I decided to grab another just to add more cars. Now I just need to get some tracks and a motor......

chanmic
I'm New !

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases/ToysRUS deal

Post by chanmic » Wed May 04, 2016 7:21 am

Toys R US Clearance this week in Massachusetts - purchased LEGO Chima Lavertus' Outland Base (70134) for $24.94 - that's 694 pieces so a pretty good price. :-D

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 am

chanmic wrote:Toys R US Clearance this week in Massachusetts - purchased LEGO Chima Lavertus' Outland Base (70134) for $24.94 - that's 694 pieces so a pretty good price. :-D
Which store?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed May 04, 2016 5:10 pm

ckleinhans wrote:
StClair wrote:Star Wars Death Star: Final Duel for $52 (retail 79.99). It wasn't a set that I planned to buy but I did plan to purchase the Emperor minifig and the new version of Darth Vader on the ebay or bricklink. At that price with additional Luke, 2x Imperial guards and parts I couldn't pass it up.
Nice find! That place can be so great!
I normally haven't been into Lego Trains but, last week my Bargain Hunt had 10233 Horizon Express for $125 - checked the online price and decided to pull the trigger. Went back this week and they had 4 MORE for $79 - all of them have pristine boxes. I decided to grab another just to add more cars. Now I just need to get some tracks and a motor......
I haven't found much lately but its usually worth the visits when I do. I don't have any trains yet but I think I would love one.

chanmic
I'm New !

Post by chanmic » Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 am

Mantisking wrote:
chanmic wrote:Toys R US Clearance this week in Massachusetts - purchased LEGO Chima Lavertus' Outland Base (70134) for $24.94 - that's 694 pieces so a pretty good price. :-D
Which store?

It was the Woburn ToysRUS - Lego area end cap. - There were a couple of this set left and some other Chima and Ultra Agents items on clearance at maybe about 30% off (this particular set seemed to have the deepest discount). I was there on Tuesday.

ResIpsaLoquitur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:36 pm

If you shop at Wegmans supermarkets (it's a mid-Atlantic chain), they sometimes have Lego in the toy aisle. Today I found a 60116 Ambulance Plane for $10. Not a sale price (though Wegmans does sometimes clearance Lego by 20%)--this was a list price. I had to do a sanity check on Bricklink to make sure that wasn't the regular price (which is $20).

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:19 am

ResIpsaLoquitur wrote:If you shop at Wegmans supermarkets (it's a mid-Atlantic chain), they sometimes have Lego in the toy aisle. Today I found a 60116 Ambulance Plane for $10. Not a sale price (though Wegmans does sometimes clearance Lego by 20%)--this was a list price. I had to do a sanity check on Bricklink to make sure that wasn't the regular price (which is $20).

Wegmans started in Rochester NY, there are about 15 there, so it's not really a mid-atlantic chain.

I used to work in one of those hellholes, but that's a great price. :)