Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Markpitts
I'm New !

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by Markpitts » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 pm

nick91884 wrote:Sounds like good business to me, I would keep 2 for myself though, 1 to build and keep and the other to store away unopened.
As someone who does this as a jobby, it is good business. In the past 5 years I have sold somewhere over a million dollars worth. I buy them on clearance and hold until there is a market for them. In addition I have made some international contacts so there's that.

nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nkx1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Markpitts wrote:As someone who does this as a jobby, it is good business. In the past 5 years I have sold somewhere over a million dollars worth. I buy them on clearance and hold until there is a market for them. In addition I have made some international contacts so there's that.
LOL. :lol:

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I can't figure out how to start a new thread... So here goes with posting here and hoping someone else can better publicize. Meijer stores have the Series 5 minifigs on clearance for $1.50. Verified at two stores in the Columbus, Ohio area.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:51 pm

goshe7 wrote:I can't figure out how to start a new thread... So here goes with posting here and hoping someone else can better publicize. Meijer stores have the Series 5 minifigs on clearance for $1.50. Verified at two stores in the Columbus, Ohio area.
There is a button near the top left corner of the page that says "New Topic* "

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:03 pm

goshe7 wrote:I can't figure out how to start a new thread... So here goes with posting here and hoping someone else can better publicize. Meijer stores have the Series 5 minifigs on clearance for $1.50. Verified at two stores in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Same at 2 Meijer stores I checked in Michigan, one off Titabawassee Rd in Saginaw and one off birch Run Rd in birch Run area. Both stores had at least 200 of the series 5 minifig and all at $1.50 each.

I picked up many of what felt like evil dwarves for myself but there were still a lot. On Bricklink site the average price for sealed mystery packs are about $4 new, and opened but new figs had price ranging from under $2 to over $5+ so if you're a reseller or if you've been looking for a specific minifig cheap, run to nearby Meijer.
Legobrandon wrote: There is a button near the top left corner of the page that says "New Topic* "
Did not see it. Maybe only users with enough post count can post new topic?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Screen Shot 2012-04-10 at 4.47.18 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

vynsane wrote:
My screen doesn't look like that. On the top level LEGO Sale & Deals (USA) page, there is no box in that area for a new topic. Search box is all the way to the left.

Inside this thread, I have a "Post a Reply" box in that spot.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

goshe7 wrote:
vynsane wrote:
My screen doesn't look like that. On the top level LEGO Sale & Deals (USA) page, there is no box in that area for a new topic. Search box is all the way to the left.

screenshot.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 am

Legobrandon wrote:
goshe7 wrote:
vynsane wrote:

screenshot.PNG
My screen:

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 am

Hi goshe7

Our Sales & Deals forum had some limitations for new users. You should be able to see the New Topic button now. :)

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks! That did the trick.

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm very happy about today's pick a brick deal for Lego VIPs. I used the packing strategy that others have suggested for 2x4 bricks, which is what I needed.I bought 3 large containers and got the following:

152 2x4 tan bricks
152 2x4 green bricks
152 2x4 dark red bricks
8 2x2 light blue bricks
92 1x2 bricks (various colors)
1117 1x1 round bright orange plates

Another way to look at is:

556 bricks
1117 plates

Total cost for 1673 elements was $25.27 (inc tax). I'm thrilled, and am hopeful the Lego company will view this as a successful promotion so we may see it again.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Got 2 Bins of Mostly Lego's from wife's friend from work. Took about 15 hours to sort out the Mega Blocks vs Legos. :crazy: Anyways, I have almost 80 figures from about 1993-2003. Themes I recognize: Space, Mars, Ninja, Pirates, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Spiderman, Artic. I think I can build a Pirate boat, Original Landspeeder, Gringots Bank, and a few others from what I can see. Got about 6 Baseplates. Still have a lot of work. I might build a Custom Apartment 2 Story of of the rest. Not Sure. Oh, and did i mention all for $50!!! :up:

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Here are the Minifgiures. I have to figure out what goes with what. It's going to be a project.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:32 am

Most of what I bought over the weekend was not on sale. But it was a very lego weekend.

Saturday went to Toys R Us and they had about a box and a half of CMF Series 7. I picked out all the ones I really wanted plus a few extra's for a friend 17 total. I also picked up the Star Wars Advent Calender 2011 for 19.99. Went over to Walmart next door and they had 2 Police station 7498 marked down to 49.00. At that price I could not resist so I bought one.

Sunday after realizing I had bought 11 of the 16 minifigures I went to another Toys R Us but could not find CMF Series 7. I ended up asking a clerk if they had them and was directed to customer service where they had about half a box. I oddly I only found 2 of the 3 I needed. A girl who works there asked who I was looking for and I told her and that they were not in the box. She pulled out an unopened box and started to help me find the Bride, Viking and Swimmer. I also went ahead and bought Deadpoo'ls Helicopter.

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 am

Took a chance on a large bin of lego listed on our local board. The pics were hard to decipher however i had confirmation that it was all LEGO. he estimated it to be around 12KG. Total was $150.00

I bought and took it home. It felt heavy so i threw it on the scales.. 42lbs!!!! It also came with about 25 manuals as well..

So far, i have been able to piece together and build:

8007 - C3PO technic
8458 - Silver Champion

there is a ton of other sets, about 100 minifigs, about 80 or so track pieces and some really cool base plates.

Part of the enjoyment of lego for me is buying these large bulk lots.. Finding needles in the haystacks!!!!

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:15 am

One Walmart had some good sale for me to pick:
Flo's V8 Cafe $30 each (reg $59.97) got 3
Ultimate Build Mater $15 each (reg $29.97) got 6
They are going to my Bricklink store today.

Walmart also had about 500 (judging by the number of ripped up boxes) series 5 minifigs on clearance sale for... wait for it: $2.97. Only asinine store would call $0.02 off MSRP a clearance sale price!

They also had a dozen LEGO watches on half off (both Ninjago and Star Wars) but all of them were opened and missing minifigs so I left them.

Another Walmart store has NXT set 8547 on clearance sale for $279.00 (97 cents off regular) and it's been that way for almost 2 years now :/ They also have 2 large Space Police 3 set for $99.97 and judging by the layer of dust, no one has touched it in 2 years either.

Third store I tried today had the largest selection of LEGO in stock, and not a single one on sale :p

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I just got the following LotR themed Lego sets:
5x Uruk-Hai Army
2x Gandalf Arrives
2x Shelob Attacks
3x Orc Forge
2x Mines of Moria

I also had 2x Helm's Deep and 2x Weathertop but those for some reason got shipped separately a few days later and should be here at the end of this week/early next week. I already put together over half of everything I got and my fingers are sore :shock:

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue May 22, 2012 11:57 am

This past weekend was a successful haul for lego from rochester / niagara falls area.
I had bought the SSD at 20% off and shipped it to the states to save about $100 off the canadian sale price (ie $346 vs 452 with taxes included) so I was making the trip from toronto to pick this up and to head to the lego store in rochester to use the 10$ coupon at the same time. With no LOTR available in that store yet, I finally picked up the last of the modular buildings: pet shop that I don't have yet in my collection. $10 off no big deal but lots of lego vip points to use made this purchase easy.

The best part was I did not have to pay any taxes crossing back to canada, so this is the highest same day amount I have bought and got through the border with no additional fees. I told the customs officer we spent $480 and he let us through. Before the planned june increase in duty free allowance, there is currently $0 allowance for same day purchases but in the niagara falls area where there is so much cross border shopping, customs officials have been generous in allowing people to pass through without paying (especially families with kids) but never heard of that much being forgiven.

things you can do to help your cause
bring your young kids to shop
pick the right border crossing
pick the right line
when they ask what you buy, always start with kids clothes/toys/etc

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Tue May 22, 2012 4:18 pm

I just scored 80lbs of loose lego for $200 off the local used board. That's under $2.50/lb. Did a quick review and was able to pull out so far 140 minifigs. There's a bunch of SW, pirates, technics and other manuals... This'll keep me busy for the summer!!!!