BN.com 25%-off, in-store 15%-off - Leap Year Coupons

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
iamFLIP
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

BN.com 25%-off, in-store 15%-off - Leap Year Coupons

Post by iamFLIP » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

Check your emails. I just got an email from BN.com with 25%-off online coupon (looks like one-time use) and 15%-off instore coupon which are valid from 2/29/2012 to 03/04/12:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... _-a4cnsc15

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: BN.com 25%-off, in-store 15%-off - Leap Year Coupons

Post by Zeya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 am

Here's the fine print on the 25% off online part of it. I don't see why Lego would be excluded based on this verbiage. Not valid on preorder items or items where they say it's not eligible for discounts. It looks like most of the sets over $50 say they're not eligible. But I did spot this one that lacks that note and should be eligible for the 25% off:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419167109
25% Off One Item Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid from February 29, 2012 and expires at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time March 2, 2012, while supplies last.

This coupon entitles you to 25% off one eligible item in your order. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(r) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vii) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:15 am

Some other considerations that probably qualify for the 25% as well... This is by no means comprehensive though.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419165686
...and all the other Friends sets on there I believe.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419167925
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419142106
---and all the new City sets it would seem
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419168335
...and all the other new comic book sets as well I think
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419168595

Also some of the Star Wars sets count as well. One of the little planet sets did anyway. But not the large Millennium Falcon.

It seems like in general the newer sets count, but not the older ones.

Anyway I'm tired. Good night.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 am

I was excited to see the 25% off this morning, of course I just placed a small order yesterday with a 20% code! Anyway, I was able to use it on the Friends Heartlake Dog Show. We have the other Friends sets that are already discounted. I'm was tempted to get a second Butterfly Beauty Shop, but decided to resist.

If you are a member, the printable good for instore only should be 20%, vs 15%. I think I might stop in and see if they have anything good.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:20 am

Something that hasn't been clarified - the 25% off online coupon is good for today ONLY, while the 20% off in-store is good until March 4rth.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:Something that hasn't been clarified - the 25% off online coupon is good for today ONLY, while the 20% off in-store is good until March 4rth.
actually from your above post
This coupon is valid from February 29, 2012 and expires at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time March 2, 2012
;-)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 am

ncbarrett wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:Something that hasn't been clarified - the 25% off online coupon is good for today ONLY, while the 20% off in-store is good until March 4rth.
actually from your above post
This coupon is valid from February 29, 2012 and expires at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time March 2, 2012
;-)
Yes, that's in the fine print - I wanted to make sure that people actually READ the fine print (or, didn't have to in this case). :-D

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 am

How do I get on BN's mailing list?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 pm

neomonkey wrote:How do I get on BN's mailing list?
set up an account with BN (free), go to account, and ensure your email preferences is toggled "yes" to accept emails of coupons/events/etc. Then ensure that the "specify" is toggled on all forms of communications (or at least email)

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I ordered triceretops trapper this morning, it has already shipped.
:geek: :up:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Does 9492 TIE fighter qualify for the 25% off coupon? I can't find it on the site...

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

UnknownUser wrote:Does 9492 TIE fighter qualify for the 25% off coupon? I can't find it on the site...
its out of stock right now along with most 2012 sets previously released on bn.com

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 am

I was able to use the printable 20% (for members) coupon today In-store and also it stacked with the 10% rewards (printed right on coupon that it would also apply, nice!).

I did not see any Friends sets in store, I wonder if they aren't carrying them.