Kmart online clearance!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
nick91884
Knight
Knight

Re: Kmart online clearance!

Post by nick91884 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Nothing available to ship, looks like slickdeals killed it, there are a few things I can get at the closest store to me 50 miles away but I dont know if its worth it with gas at $4+ per gallon.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Fri May 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks SOOO much for posting this.

There is one K-mart near home and one near work. I am doing store pick-up on both so I can get more stuffs --> Friends, Alien Conquest, Harry Potter, the City Marina. WooHoo! :lol:

OMG, with these and Monster Fighters & LOTR release etc etc .... Hulk promo.... Lego is a DANGEROUS HOBBY! :crazy:

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri May 25, 2012 12:45 pm

robertwilliamneil wrote:I wonder how many of these store pickup orders will go through, but will be cancelled/incomplete due to the large volume of orders. Especially since this deal made it on sl..deals.
It appears that it will not be a problem as when I went to the store they had way more on the shelves still than I could get the online cart to give me. They must not allocate all their inv for online consumption. At my stores the prices are not as advertised online.

lionstone22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lionstone22 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:46 pm

What annoys me is the fact that almost all of the online clearance items are on the shelves at my local store, but at regular price. Of course, i can't store pickup, because my store does not participate in that. or so they tell me. And they won't adjust the price in store either.

jocappy
I'm New !

Post by jocappy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:04 pm

lionstone22 wrote:What annoys me is the fact that almost all of the online clearance items are on the shelves at my local store, but at regular price. Of course, i can't store pickup, because my store does not participate in that. or so they tell me. And they won't adjust the price in store either.
My local store matched on the friends, Harry potter, they had no star wars to match tho :(

mewk
I'm New !

Post by mewk » Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Many thanks to the OP for posting this. My local store had Hogwarts and the Harbor Marina in stock, but at full price. While I was in the Lego aisle, a Kmart employee came by twice to grab a Hogwarts off the shelf for online order fulfillment. I asked about the clearance prices, and was told that they were only good online.

My local store did have 4191 The Captain's Cabin on sale for $4.50 (MSRP $11.99), so I picked one up and left three on the shelf.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Hmm..so not sure what just happened. It listed sets out of stock (Harbor, HP Castle, SW geonosian starfigher). Then back in stock. Then I placed a $200 order at 3 different K-marts and it "went through". I am guessing 90% of my order will be cancelled but they definitely put my money hold already in Paypal!

Oh and somehow it managed to discount my order another $18 for no reason after I clicked the Visa link and decided I'd rather pay through Paypal...

I guess I'll find out soon enough...If anyone gets their ordered cancelled please post about it!

lionstone22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lionstone22 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm

jocappy wrote:
lionstone22 wrote:What annoys me is the fact that almost all of the online clearance items are on the shelves at my local store, but at regular price. Of course, i can't store pickup, because my store does not participate in that. or so they tell me. And they won't adjust the price in store either.
My local store matched on the friends, Harry potter, they had no star wars to match tho :(
i just spoke with the manager and although he was nice, he said he couldn't match online clearance prices.

lionstone22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lionstone22 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:Hmm..so not sure what just happened. It listed sets out of stock (Harbor, HP Castle, SW geonosian starfigher). Then back in stock. Then I placed a $200 order at 3 different K-marts and it "went through". I am guessing 90% of my order will be cancelled but they definitely put my money hold already in Paypal!

Oh and somehow it managed to discount my order another $18 for no reason after I clicked the Visa link and decided I'd rather pay through Paypal...

I guess I'll find out soon enough...If anyone gets their ordered cancelled please post about it!
i have found that the Visa link works when you go through paypal. So i use my amex through paypal and still get the visa link discount along with a little cash back on the AMEX.

jocappy
I'm New !

Post by jocappy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 pm

lionstone22 wrote:
jocappy wrote:
i just spoke with the manager and although he was nice, he said he couldn't match online clearance prices.

I had just showered and looked like a million bucks? She said the same thing to be at first, I made a sad face, promised to not clear her store out, then she agreed.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Nice just got my email saying, " We're happy to tell you that your order is ready to be picked up at the KMART STORES...". One of my three stores filled my order!

...Can't beat Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ 4867 x5
Sold By: Kmart @ $14.80 each. (it applied the discount to these sets and not my others).

When I go pick up these sets I will get to return the one I purchased from Walmart for $35!

dirkdigler
I'm New !

Post by dirkdigler » Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I have never had a kmart sale go good for me:(

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Good news/bad news is that the Kmart closest to me only had 3 PotC sets on Sale. Most of what other people are mentioning were full price at my store, which sucks 'cause I really want the Friends Park Cafe clearanced, but maybe my store will clearance it later. They've only had the Friends sets for about a month.

Anyway, so I got 2 Mills for $15 each, 2 Cannibal Escape for $11 each and 4 Captain's Cabins for $4.50 each, for a grand total of $75 with tax. Not a bad haul, more than I was expecting to spend today, but it's too good of a deal to pass up.

It's just crazy how different the various locations handle their sales.

matt24256
I'm New !

Post by matt24256 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 pm

I placed an order online with instore pickup. Half hour later, my order was cancelled due to the items not being available (SW Geo Starship, Friends, & Marina). Was in the neighborhood so I stopped in to check out the legos. I found all 3 in stock and ringing up at full price. I grabbed one of each and took them to customer service with my email and they price matched my online order (didnt know why it was cancelled). So if your order is cancelled it wouldnt hurt to drive down and double check.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Too bad the online store inventory did not match their actual inventory. They had plenty of sets physically at the location, but most said out of stock online. (Just like others said they ring up full price.)

If they do cancel my order (due to their laziness?), I'll just have to bring the email and have them price match.

We'll see if I get any pick up notifications. That Friends Cafe would have been the best find but both of my Kmarts don't even carry Friends.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri May 25, 2012 3:21 pm

So I am trying the store pickup option...hopefully it isn't a cancelled order as I have to drive quite a way to get there. I wiforward for the confirmation but don't feel very optimistic.

David

PTSandman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by PTSandman » Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Just got into an argument at my store.

Would not honor the website price.
Website said store had none in stock, but store had plenty in stock, and in-store inventory showed numerous items.

Said to come back this weekend to see if the price change gets updated, but manager refused to do manual override, and didn't even want to see my phone with proof of website pricing.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:Nice just got my email saying, " We're happy to tell you that your order is ready to be picked up at the KMART STORES...". One of my three stores filled my order!

...Can't beat Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ 4867 x5
Sold By: Kmart @ $14.80 each. (it applied the discount to these sets and not my others).

When I go pick up these sets I will get to return the one I purchased from Walmart for $35!

I was hoping the same...just didn't have any in a 100 mile radius.

Sad face.
David

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:32 pm

My local Kmart didn't reflect the website's sale (that Friends set was full-price, for example), but they'd already been picked pretty clean prior to today anyway. They did have the extra 50% off clearance items that someone else here mentioned though, so it's definitely worth checking out. Thanks again, T&B!

m19

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm

If you're store keeps showing sets out of stock I wouldn't recommend giving up. I placed my first order and the Marina was out of stock at my local store. I checked back 30 minutes later and 2 were in stock and I placed an order for them. So yeah, their online stock isn't necessarily the same as what they have in store. I also noticed it seemed to take the inventory out of stock when I had it in my cart. When I removed an item it appeared back in stock again. It's possible it's holding the stock for a period of time until the set is ordered or the time expires.