Barnes and Noble - LOTR with 15% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Barnes and Noble - LOTR with 15% off

Post by starfailure » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 am

canon03 wrote:Ordered Moria and Helms Deep yesterday afternoon from amazon. Then saw amazon drop another $5 per set so cancelled the first orders and re-ordered last night. Woke up and saw this and cancelled amazon again and re-ordered through B&N. Thanks for the post.
Btw, if a pricedrop occurs within 7 days on Amazon, they'll refund the difference

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for the price breakdown in the the new frontpage clarification post; very helpful! But it mentions the Kids Club again in passing, then doesn't actually clarify that particular point any further... So are the LotR sets eligible for that additional first-time-subscriber 30% discount? (I'm theoretically waiting on our code to come via email, but if it doesn't work there's not much point in waiting. :lol:)

Thanks!
m19
Last edited by Morgan19 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Not all Lego sets are. Sometimes you have to play around with the site. No gaurantee it will work on any Lego.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Well that's silly... So they entice you to sign up by saying it's good for any children's book or toy, but then don't allow all toys? And there's no fine print anywhere that spells this out?

m19

timhook22
I'm New !

Post by timhook22 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:04 pm

starfailure wrote:
canon03 wrote:Ordered Moria and Helms Deep yesterday afternoon from amazon. Then saw amazon drop another $5 per set so cancelled the first orders and re-ordered last night. Woke up and saw this and cancelled amazon again and re-ordered through B&N. Thanks for the post.
Btw, if a pricedrop occurs within 7 days on Amazon, they'll refund the difference
Who will refund the difference? BN or Amazon? If you are saying Amazon, I call BS as I have tried to no avail. :)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Everyone, don't forget that each code can only be used once per account/e-mail address. You can use multiple e-mails to set up additional accounts. There are quite a few codes for members and non-members out there, but if you need more sets, you can establish another account.

For those who can't get codes to work, make sure you are using the proper member or non-member code based on your situtation.

MEMBER code means the PAID membership, NOT Kids Club (which is free). ;-)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm

timhook22 wrote:
starfailure wrote:
Who will refund the difference? BN or Amazon? If you are saying Amazon, I call BS as I have tried to no avail. :)
I thought Amazon stopped doing refunds for price changes. I could be wrong, but that has been my understanding.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Another 15% non-member code...valid 6/11 ONLY

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 pm

One more NON-MEMBER coupon:

15% off valid ONLY ON 6/11: N9M3H4R

lawluhnc
I'm New !

Post by lawluhnc » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Morgan19 wrote:Well that's silly... So they entice you to sign up by saying it's good for any children's book or toy, but then don't allow all toys? And there's no fine print anywhere that spells this out?

m19
I called B&N customer service because the 30% kids club did not work online. They had me order the set at the regular price (Helm's Deep $116) then they gave me the discount from their side since the set said it was kids club eligable. I ended up getting it for $89 so it is worth it to call in. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all the posters on kids club and B&N tips.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Does anyone have the kids club coupon code? They somehow didn't email it to me.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 pm

atmail35 wrote:
timhook22 wrote:
starfailure wrote:
I thought Amazon stopped doing refunds for price changes. I could be wrong, but that has been my understanding.
l

Huh. I did one in April or so without a problem. It was more like 10 days past sale date, but the rep still refunded me. That was when she mentioned the 7-day policy.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:31 pm

I found this at the amazon.com site: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... #postorder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post-Order Price Match Policy
With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Price Matching
With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

In some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace sellers. For more information, see our Seller Help section.

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Weird. In that case, I can't explain my good fortune.
Thanks for the explanation and sorry for polluting the B&N thread :)

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I got ship notice for my Weathertop set. Thank you Edmond for posting this!!!

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Broke down and got Moria too. I think I will wait on helms deep.

roseproto
I'm New !

Post by roseproto » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 pm

^Lol. Me too. And I told myself I wouldn't since I've recently bought the Sopwith and all the Monster Fighter sets. Regardless, Weathertop & Moria are on the way thanks to these discounts. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...:)

Captain Lantern
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Captain Lantern » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Many thanks to all who posted, just put in my order for Weathertop and Moria!

I wasn't thinking we'd see any good discounts on these so soon since they've just released...these "steals" are making it hard to replenish the toy funds when they come so close together! :)

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 am

I bought doubles of all three sets they have available. I probably will just return the order I made to Target since it will save me almost 160 bucks which I can reinvest in more LotR Legos! :)

nel34
I'm New !

Post by nel34 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:29 pm

hello,
just want to know if i can use these codes only for LOTR... I used one saturday on wheatertop and it works well. Now i would like to buy another set and i try another code but it doesn't work... I'ts says that this code have been used, one code per billing address... I tried to enter another email, with my boyfriend's name, but the code does'nt work better. After reading the post i was understanding that it was possible to save money by using another code in another order to save the 15% on each set... I really don't understand. Does somebody can help me please.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:41 pm

nel34 wrote:hello,
just want to know if i can use these codes only for LOTR... I used one saturday on wheatertop and it works well. Now i would like to buy another set and i try another code but it doesn't work... I'ts says that this code have been used, one code per billing address... I tried to enter another email, with my boyfriend's name, but the code does'nt work better. After reading the post i was understanding that it was possible to save money by using another code in another order to save the 15% on each set... I really don't understand. Does somebody can help me please.
The 15% off codes only work on newer LEGO sets, such as the LOTR and a few others. B&N has put an exclusion on most other LEGO sets. Which sets are you trying it on? Generally it works on those sets with the 10% off.

Each code can only be used on each e-mail/B&N account once.