Current B&N Coupon Codes

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Current B&N Coupon Codes

Post by atmail35 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:16 am

lego the hutt wrote:
ricefields wrote:Which lego sets (non accessories, games, etc) other than bentley bust out do not have the exclusion?
There were none in the dozen or so sets I checked. Glad to hear you found one that is eligible. This is a fairly recent thing. I know I bought multiple LotR sets at large discounts with coupons from B&N. I'm glad I didn't get a membership now. That extra 10% isn't worth much if you can't stack it with a coupon.
The coupons still work in-store, the extra 10% off with membership is only good in-store, not on-line.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

atmail35 wrote:the extra 10% off with membership is only good in-store, not on-line.
I didn't realize that. I guess that is another good reason I never became a member. The nearest B&N is an hour away.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:14 pm

recent exclusion for this round of coupon code is not sufficient justification to not get a membership - its probably bad timing or not beneficial at this time but over the long run, it will pay off even based on the limited opportunities this year. The exclusion on lego has been in effect since about 2010 I think and if you were a member over the last 2 years for sure you would have paid off the $25 easily and taken advantage of several opportunities to use the coupon on new lego releases and save anywhere from additional 15-30% off. So being a member may be a timing consideration on when the next wave of coupons can be used and what the discount differences are between member and non member (ie typically 5%).

of course "past performance is not an indicator of future success" ie no guarantee bn.com will allow coupon codes to apply ever to lego again online. If sales are poor or they have too much stock, they will allow codes or do something they never done before this summer - put a 30% discount on select poor performing sets. Those sets marked at 30% off must really suck in sales!

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 am

New coupon codes and printable links:

20% off - member only: E8M3W7T

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... bpQ-_-10:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

15% off - everyone: H4F4T4D

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... bpQ-_-10:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both valid from August 30, 2012 through September 3, 2012 at the close of business.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
ricefields wrote:Which lego sets (non accessories, games, etc) other than bentley bust out do not have the exclusion?
There were none in the dozen or so sets I checked. Glad to hear you found one that is eligible. This is a fairly recent thing. I know I bought multiple LotR sets at large discounts with coupons from B&N. I'm glad I didn't get a membership now. That extra 10% isn't worth much if you can't stack it with a coupon.
Which are the dozen sets that did not show the exclusion? I want to check these out periodically just in case, thanks

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 am

I got the Frigate w/ the 20% coupon (plus trial membership discount) for $64
then I used the 15% on on the Darth Maul set, which made it about $40.
Both for ~$104

bongtong
I'm New !

Post by bongtong » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

the new coupon H4F4T4D doesn't work on Lego. I tried several sets and none is qualified. Did anyone succeed with it?

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Jackpot!! scored a SW frigate for 64 and a retired wampa cave for 32. Also found 4 snowtrooper battle backs and 3 rebel trooper battlepacks for about 12 each. I'm liking B&N again, best place other than craptastic TRU to find retired sets months after they're EOL.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 am

Is it possible to use multiple 20% coupon's with a membership as long as I complete multiple transactions?

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:47 am

To the best of my knowledge, you can only use each code once per account. If you find a new unique code for 20% you are good to go. Last time I was in B&N I used a 30%, 20% and a15% in one transaction. The computer automatically figures out the best discount.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:07 am

Hmm it seems to me that the code is not unique though. I printed one of the coupons from the link posted here, then a few days later got the coupon via email from B&N. I accessed it from a different PC that was not logged into B&N by myself previously and it had the same code on it.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am

beartrapper25 wrote:Hmm it seems to me that the code is not unique though. I printed one of the coupons from the link posted here, then a few days later got the coupon via email from B&N. I accessed it from a different PC that was not logged into B&N by myself previously and it had the same code on it.
Right - that's the point. The code is not unique, thus you can only use it once per account.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:
beartrapper25 wrote:Hmm it seems to me that the code is not unique though. I printed one of the coupons from the link posted here, then a few days later got the coupon via email from B&N. I accessed it from a different PC that was not logged into B&N by myself previously and it had the same code on it.
Right - that's the point. The code is not unique, thus you can only use it once per account.
Actually if the code was NOT unique it would have a better chance of being reusable in store as compared to a unique code....someone try it out and let us know for sure :) I am pretty sure you could take the 15% in over and over without using the membership discount, but it may correlate the coupon code and membership together...

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:10 pm

pumbaugh wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:
Actually if the code was NOT unique it would have a better chance of being reusable in store as compared to a unique code....someone try it out and let us know for sure :) I am pretty sure you could take the 15% in over and over without using the membership discount, but it may correlate the coupon code and membership together...
Yes, of course - correct. I was stuck on the 20% off (as I am a member and rarely use the 15% off).

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Just used three 20% member coupons at 3 different b&n stores and all went through. All with the same membership account too....my aunts lol

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Also the batman battle over gotham set was mispriced at 30 so got it for 23 after taxes lol

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 pm

kwkw wrote:Just used three 20% member coupons at 3 different b&n stores and all went through. All with the same membership account too....my aunts lol
Was it the same coupon code on each I assume?

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:17 pm

pumbaugh wrote:
kwkw wrote:Just used three 20% member coupons at 3 different b&n stores and all went through. All with the same membership account too....my aunts lol
Was it the same coupon code on each I assume?
Yep all used the same coupon code from the link that's above

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:53 pm

I was able to use two of the 20% off coupons with my membership in store yesterday. I went to two different registers to do it.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 am

It's such a Pain to travel around going to different stores, and I have not bothered to get back in line with another coupon since at all the B&N I've seen you get in one line and the next open register takes you and I figured there is a chance I would get the same person.

One thing I have done is to get in the Starbucks line with my item and they sometimes offer to check you out there. This is YMMV, but it could work.