Current B&N Coupon Codes

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Current B&N Coupon Codes

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm

I thought I'd start a thread with current B&N Coupon codes to have them in one place with easy reference. If you add a reply with codes, I will keep the top post updated with codes. Please post expiration dates if you know them!

Please read our FAQ thread on B&N! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MEMBERS ONLY CODES:

NON-MEMBERS OR MEMBERS:
15% off - L8U7K8B (all customers) Pay with VISA only. Exp. UNKNOWN- thanks Edmond Dantes and Kevin7215

***********************************************************************************************************************
EXPIRED CODES (for reference):

Member:
1) U8T8W7J valid 6/11 ONLY - 20% off EXPIRED
2) L4L8R9C expires 6/30/12 - 20% off EXPIRED
3) B7D9E9W expires 6/30/12 - 20% off EXPIRED
20% off coupons for members (thanks Edmond Dantes):
4) V9N8W8R expires 6/30 EXPIRED
5) H4V4K8D expires 6/30 EXPIRED
6) C3A8V8U expires 7/4/12 - 20% off
in-store printable: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... IC_COUPON-_-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; EXPIRED
7) W8X8Y4N $5 OFF One Toy or Game with a Minimum B&N Price of $20 (exp 7/29) EXPIRED
8) Valid from August 2, 2012 to August 6, 2012 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time online, or to close of business August 5 in store. Member only, 20% off code: P9F8T9H
printable link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... bpQ-_-10:1(Thanks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Edmond Dantes)
- EXPIRED
9) 20% off E8M3W7T Exp 9/3 thanks Edmond Dantes EXPIRED Printable link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... bpQ-_-10:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
10) $5 off $20 toy or game (and other conditions) - B7R9E7X (members only) Exp 10/1 [/color] thanks Edmond Dantes

Non-Member:
1) Use coupon code T4T8J4A for 15% off (thanks brickity) EXPIRED
15% off coupons for anyone (including members) (thanks Edmond Dantes):
2) X4P8A3B expires 6/30 EXPIRED
3) T4T8J4A expires 6/30 EXPIRED
4) D7L8F8R - VISA required for payment (expiration unknown) EXPIRED
5) N9M3H4R - valid 6/11 ONLY 15% off EXPIRED
6) printable, in-store only http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... GiI-_-10:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. 20% off expires 6/17 (thanks Edmond Dantes) EXPIRED

Member/Non-Member:
(thanks MagnusReign)
8) Y7X8J3H expires 7/4/12 - 15% off and printable for in-store use:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... IC_COUPON-_-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; EXPIRED
9)Y4A7P7U for 15% off one item for anyone (Visa Card required)Thanks alexyiu EXPIRED
10) 15% off code: T8M7X3N, Exp 8/6 2:59 AM EST Edmond Dantes printable link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... &pid=44323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - EXPIRED
11) 15% off H4F4T4D Exp 9/3 EXPIRED thanks Edmond Dantes Printable link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... bpQ-_-10:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Current B&N Coupon Codes

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:31 am

All the codes I posted expire 2:59 am est July 1rst (effectively June 30). The only exception is the VISA code - I don't know when that expires.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 am

atmail35
you forgot to add one that you posted in another thread! Thanks for providing this summary. With so many codes members would have to weigh whether to stackthem on the member account or use a non member account to spread out the kids club rewards!

20% off: U8T8W7J valid 6/11 ONLY

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am

Great idea. With do many B&N coupon codes constantly flying around, it's nice to have a one-stop shop for them all. Thanks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 pm

ricefields wrote:atmail35
you forgot to add one that you posted in another thread! Thanks for providing this summary. With so many codes members would have to weigh whether to stackthem on the member account or use a non member account to spread out the kids club rewards!

20% off: U8T8W7J valid 6/11 ONLY
I know, since I was on my phone when I posted it, I thought I'd wait ;-) It's there now!

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 am

Is there a link to the terms and conditions on the coupons? I had my order using the 6/11 N9M3H4R code canceled. Not a surprise since I always have problems due to a US credit card matched up with a foreign delivery address. But when I re-placed the order and called them to prevent it getting flagged, a supervisor in their Sales Audit Department told me that "the terms of the coupon state that it cannot be used on Lego items". She also made it sound like this was now a standard disclaimer on all their coupons.

So I'm wondering if: 1) That code has different terms than the normal ones, 2) all the codes are technically non-Lego and the discounts are slipping through the cracks , or 3) she was lying to me.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 am

Sinfanti wrote:Is there a link to the terms and conditions on the coupons? I had my order using the 6/11 N9M3H4R code canceled. Not a surprise since I always have problems due to a US credit card matched up with a foreign delivery address. But when I re-placed the order and called them to prevent it getting flagged, a supervisor in their Sales Audit Department told me that "the terms of the coupon state that it cannot be used on Lego items". She also made it sound like this was now a standard disclaimer on all their coupons.

So I'm wondering if: 1) That code has different terms than the normal ones, 2) all the codes are technically non-Lego and the discounts are slipping through the cracks , or 3) she was lying to me.

2)

These coupons aren't supposed to be useable on Lego items and in fact, if you check older sets, the coupons won't work. They only work on the new roll-outs, until their IT department gets their act together and disables the functionality on newer items.

So, use the coupons while you can!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6083&start=60#p49448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Here are the terms for the code N9M3H4R I'm really not seeing where LEGO is specified, but I do think it is up to their discretion. Yes, the new sets often aren't excluded in the beginning. Until they get 1000 orders for them ;-)

I think when you call and ask Customer Service why the code isn't working on LEGO they are told to inform you that the coupons are not valid on LEGO. Just my 2 cents.
15% Off One Item Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid from 12:01am Eastern Time on June 11, 2012 and expires at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time June 12, 2012, while supplies last.

The 15% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(r) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vii) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts
this part is where they can claim it isn't valid on LEGO. If you look at certain sets you might see:
Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.
Kids' Club Eligible. See More Details.
"Kids' Club Eligible" means the item will be applied against your Kids' Club "spend $100 get $5", but does not mean you can use the Kids Club Coupon.

For example this set: has that verbage listed: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 3419129060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for posting the T&Cs. Given that the woman I spoke to said that Lego was explicitly excluded in the coupon terms (like what they do for Rosetta Stone products), I have to say that my option #3 was the most correct. And least surprising given my many experiences dealing with the Sales Audit Dept. True that most Lego has the "Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated." disclaimer, but the new LOTR sets do not (yet).

Good luck everybody.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Does all this "LEGO not eligibile" talk only apply to codes and online orders?

I'm trying to think of any time I've been in-store and been told I can't use them on LEGO, and don't think it's ever happened. Would sort of suck if B&N went the route of Borders and cut LEGO out from their coupons completely.

m19

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes, some coupons specifically state that they cannot be used for LEGO purchases online. Those same coupons can be used on LEGO purchases in the store. I'm guessing that they feel that if you go to the store to use the coupon that you'll pick up something else while you are there, while they are seeing too many people buy only LEGO with the online coupon, and nothing else on the same order.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

To date, I have not had trouble buying LEGO sets in-store w/ a B&N printable coupon. (knock on wood)

Sinfanti, she probably was one of the usual clueless employees that every company has. You know, the one that just wants you to go away (happy or unhappy) so they can go back to playing solitaire! :lol:no

Honestly, B&N Customer Service is not top notch, from my own experience.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:34 pm

You're right that their Customer Service team is top notch. BUT, this was a supervisor in their Sales Audit Department, and they are a completely different bunch all together. Pleasing the customer is not their concern. And the person that told me this was a supervisor that their front-line person transferred me to.

I think they just see someone getting too good of a deal and decide to renege.

nel34
I'm New !

Post by nel34 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm

o.k. so i received my 30% off code for the kids club. I'm trying to get a lego set and it does't work, it says this code is invalid :evil: Is it because Lego are not elligible for this promotion. Anywhere it is written that Lego is an exlusion.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 pm

which lego set are you trying to buy? The answer is in this thread above. if it has the exclusion, then you cannot use it, if it does not have the exclusion, and it still does not work, you have to call bn customer service to have it applied.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am

The Kids Club coupons do not work online.

natesroom
I'm New !

Post by natesroom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:49 am

where are you getting the Kids Club Coupons??? I want to sign up and get this or something

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 am

Printable coupon good for the next three days: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/pri ... &pid=43946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:The Kids Club coupons do not work online.
Correct - only works for phone orders!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

nel34
I'm New !

Post by nel34 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello, just want to tell you that i have finally order my Battle of Alamut set, it was not eligible for coupons of all sort, but after my order i had the message to call the phone number at the screen to get a 10$ off !
That is not bad :razz: . I'm very happy about that and just want to tell you that this offer will end tonight at 12 am.

Maybe it will work on the set that you wanted too. Good luck everyone and thanks for you're help !