Current B&N Coupon Codes

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Re: Current B&N Coupon Codes

Post by meyerc13 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:Does the coupon work on Lego for sure? Has anyone gotten denied when using the coupon with memberhsip? I was thinking about getting a membership...
As already mentioned, the coupon definitely works in store on LEGO, I've used every coupon I've received without an issue. On average, they seem to be sending out a 20% coupon every 2-3 weeks. The coupons stack with member discount, but they take off one first, and then the other. So with a 20% coupon it isn't a true 30% off, but actually 28% off.

Also, and this wasn't mentioned in the previous post, but if you are going to get a membership, definitely join the Kids Club too. You can get another $5 back per $100 spent on kids books/toys. They limit you to $20 in a year, but it's still a great extra bonus for no additional cost.

Membership will set you back $25/year, but I easily get that back and more.

One great way to save another $1 or so per month, pick up your BrickJournal issues at B&N. They can be hard to find, in the hobby section, but I've picked up the last three issues there for less than I'd pay for a subscription, so that's a great way to leverage the member discount for some non-toy, but still LEGO related, purchases.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Thank you!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm

There actually have been some coupons that did not work on "all items" in store. I believe some coupons are stated for "kids toys" or something along those lines, and there are times where the Architecture sets do not ring up with these coupons, as they are not deemed "kids toys." Other kids toys which apparently are not "kids toys" are things like the shuffleboard or pinball baseball games they have there (if you've dug around in the toys section at B&N you know what I mean).

For the most part though, these "extra X% off" coupons work without a problem on all LEGO sets in-store.

Another thing to look for around the Christmas holiday season is getting bonus gift cards with the purchase of a gift card. For example they often have "buy a $100 gift card and get a $10 gift card free."

Another item to add to the sticky is that when you see "Kids Club Eligible" on a product on the web site, it does not mean the Kids Club Coupon will work with it, it means that product is eligible towards the $5 back per $100 spent for the Kids Club.

Red237
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Red237 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Has anyone tried using the latest 20% coupon in more than one store? Meaning, Using it one day in one store and the same code in another the next day? I have done that in the past but I am wondering if they now have a flag at the registers that shows your specific membership number has used it previously? Thanks

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Okay all let's cool it and I will work on posting a sticky in the next few days with relevent information. I want to dig up some older posts etc. stay tuned.

I think the sticky will help for sure, just give me some time to organize it ;-)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Red237 wrote:Has anyone tried using the latest 20% coupon in more than one store? Meaning, Using it one day in one store and the same code in another the next day? I have done that in the past but I am wondering if they now have a flag at the registers that shows your specific membership number has used it previously? Thanks
I tried doing that last year and it wasn't allowed (I didn't knowingly try - my wife had used it and I thought I lost it, so I printed out another. I found out later she used it first). So, there must be a flag. Of course, I haven't tried it in a year or so.

Red237
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Red237 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Thank you. If I brave it, I will let you know - though today got lucky with WalMart Clearance :)

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 am

Generally speaking, any coupons with 'unique' codes are a one-time use, and are flagged if they are tried to be used again. This is the whole reason why they're unique in the first place.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm

I received a booklet with two 20% off coupons to be used in-store or on-line. The online code looks unique, but seems to be more or less useless as there are little to now sets without the exclusion. Good until Sept 30th. I am a member. Watch your mail. :mrgreen:

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:07 pm

just a heads up, if you have a kids club 30% off coupon they no longer work on lego even if u call up customer service. I talked to 3 different cs reps on the phone and they all said that lego doesn't qualify for the kids club coupon anymore :(

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 am

I received an e-mail this morning with the "mystery code". Sadly mine are only 15% (non-member) and 20% (member account). I really wish I would get a 30% or more one of these days!

Anyway, watch your email and good luck!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am

Woo-hoo, got another 50% on the latest roulette. And a 20% with my other account. Gotta look for those clearance Frigates now.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:57 am

lousy 10%......meh

iamFLIP
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by iamFLIP » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm

I don't know if this is allowed here... but if you guys have any of these mystery coupon that you're not planning to use, I could use a couple for in-store purchases. Please PM me the coupon link instead of just the code. Thanks.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Are you taking these coupons into the store and getting them to work?

I checked about a dozen sets online and none were eligible for the coupons :sad:

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 pm

why are you bothering to check, coupon codes do not work onliine for lego if they have the exclusion! Just look for the exclusion at the bottom of the item page to avoid lost time during checkout.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 pm

ricefields wrote:why are you bothering to check, coupon codes do not work onliine for lego if they have the exclusion! Just look for the exclusion at the bottom of the item page to avoid lost time during checkout.
:silent: Um ya, do you think I attempted to paste the code into a dozen lego that say :
This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts
? I thought that was implied without stating the obvious...

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Deleted

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
ricefields wrote:why are you bothering to check, coupon codes do not work onliine for lego if they have the exclusion! Just look for the exclusion at the bottom of the item page to avoid lost time during checkout.
:silent: Um ya, do you think I attempted to paste the code into a dozen lego that say :
This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts
? I thought that was implied without stating the obvious...
Which lego sets (non accessories, games, etc) other than bentley bust out do not have the exclusion?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 am

ricefields wrote:Which lego sets (non accessories, games, etc) other than bentley bust out do not have the exclusion?
There were none in the dozen or so sets I checked. Glad to hear you found one that is eligible. This is a fairly recent thing. I know I bought multiple LotR sets at large discounts with coupons from B&N. I'm glad I didn't get a membership now. That extra 10% isn't worth much if you can't stack it with a coupon.